Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    wondering whether or not you'll have to sign into the launcher and then sign into WoW as well o.O
    Nope, when you launch WoW through the client it skips the login screen and logs you in automatically.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Have wanted and expected this for quite some time now and I'm glad that it seems almost near completion for launch by the looks of it. Probably we don't have to wait too long before an actual release date is announced. Great work, Blizzard! I am more than pleased. =)

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What is the point in this? Why create a launch client for 3 games. Did Origin not show enough that it's shit?
    That's not even getting close to why Origin is a terrible, terrible launch client.

Quote Originally Posted by streets772 View Post
    It looks like Steam just 20% different
    oh my glob guys this thing is totally similar to that other thing!
    alternatively: 20% cooler? (note: may be inaccurate)

see also: way cleaner/sleeker than steam, also only plays blizzard games. it's only similar in functionality.

WOWX0
    WOWX1
    WOWX2
    WOWX3
    WOWX4
    WOWX5
    WOWX6
    WOWX7
    WOWX8
    WOWX9

i believe there will be tons of more expansions in future.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Seriously tho, I already hate when I have to run Origin next to Steam and now I'll have to run this crap. Few years down the road, every publisher will have it's own Steam alike app and my computer will be running 50 of those in the background or what.

Not gonna happen.

EDIT: also since when does StarCraft 2 subscription based and requires game time to be added?
    Mockups are meant to give an initial impression of features or layout.
    Their content is often placeholder and not meant to be accurate.
    It is entirely possible that they meant to do WoW game time and someone did it wrong, or they simply did not care about getting that accurate.

At present you can skip the launcher and only run it when you need to do updates.
    It is a reasonable assumption you can continue to do that.

No new launcher yet has removed this option, so why the instant assumption that you HAVE to go through this one to reach the game.

There are a lot of things Steam does right, so really is trying to take some of those on a bad thing ?
    Also I think the typical style of the World of Warcraft interface is outdated, and would benefit from a modern touch.
    The likes of the MiirGui @ wowinterface graphics replacements shows what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by seijo View Post
    OMG finally offline mode??? "You cannot send messages while you are appearing offline." Yes please.
    I think that only applies to the chat functionality and not actually in-game, though that has been discussed in the past and is not out of the question as far as I am aware.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-06 at 03:28 PM.

Does anybody know with which programming language/framework blizzard builds their desktop clients?

Quote Originally Posted by xilla View Post
    WOWX0
    WOWX1
    WOWX2
    WOWX3
    WOWX4
    WOWX5
    WOWX6
    WOWX7
    WOWX8
    WOWX9

i believe there will be tons of more expansions in future.
    I don't think those strings refer to expansions.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542 View Post
    10 bucks says this is the new patch 5.4 thing they were going on about.

Where's my 10 bucks? im pist

Will you need to have an active subscription to use this, or can I use it for free to talk with people I used to be in WoW with before I quit?

Well Next post hopefully can post links

Looks great!
    But still no beta mail in my inbox.

brb, buying more RAM...

No seriously, with steam often using 100+ MB and origin around 80, this might become fun in the future.
    CPU: I7 2600k @ 3.5GHz - GPU:ASUS DCUIIO GTX680 MOBO: MSI Z68-GD65 G3 - RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 - SSD: MX100 512GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB/WD Green 2TB - CASE: Aerocool Xwarrior - Monitor: Samsung SA300 23" + Medion 23" (2x 1080p) - PSU: Corsair TX 850 - OS: Win7 Ultimate 64

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And 97% of the Internet knows that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Nope, when you launch WoW through the client it skips the login screen and logs you in automatically.
    so no more awesome log in screen animations? (except dragons)
    Skull Joke !!

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    brb, buying more RAM...

No seriously, with steam often using 100+ MB and origin around 80, this might become fun in the future.
    Because RAM is so expensive and you only have 1gb right?

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't think those strings refer to expansions.
    Yes, it does. It says WOW. They're most likely planning ahead of time so the code works correctly. Yeah few days late but better late then never :-P
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

So no more login screens? :O

Amirite, you have a set of predesigned avatars and no other chance to use a personalized one like eg. the WoW's forum avatar? That's sooo nineties...