Deleted

Notebook - suggestion

Hello!

I'm not very familiar with the notebook market, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I want to buy Asus K75VJ-TY155H.

Now I have two questions. First, is that GPU good for all new games? Thing is, this is 4-5 year investement and I'm replacing PC with this notebook.

And 2nd question - what is your oppinion of rather waiting and see how Intel Haswell will perform and what the prices of laptops will be?

Cheers in advance,
    Fleshcrawl

10+ Year Old Account
    The pc seems okay but in 4-5 years from now it will most likely be crap.

http://www.medion.com/gb/prod/MEDION...%29/30015507A1

this is slightly more expensive but will be a much better choice.
    personally have never tried the medion lappy's but have heard good praise from them from my friends.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Cheers for reply. Though from price I see, it's 600-700 € higher than the one I'm looking at, which is almost double the price

Main thing I'm worried about is, is it worth waiting for Haswell laptops to come out. I can see two advantages - if price won't be as high, i can mabye add some to my budget and buy one. On other hand I guess prices will go down for laptops with other CPUs at the same time?
    And for example only downside for me with this laptop for now is GPU, which I've read ain't that great.

Cheers and enjoy,
    Fleshcrawl

10+ Year Old Account
    aye the cpu you found is pretty okay not the best but defiently not the worst.

which is why i found the cheapest lappy with as good a gpu at least in my country.

but its really up to you. i would personally wait a little bit too see if prices go down. then buy but i would not recomend that pc you picked if you are not gonna upgrade for the next 4 years.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Did some more checking around and unless I go for Haswell wait, I could use a help with decision between those two laptops:

ASUS K75VJ-TY115H:
    - Intel Core i7 3630QM, 2.4 GHz
    - 6 GB DDR 3 (1600 MHz)
    - 1 TB, 5400 rpm
    - Nvidia GeForce GT 635M, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM

ACER V3-771G:
    - Intel Core i5 3210M, 2.5 GHz
    - 8 GB DDR 3 (doesn't say, but I guess 1600 MHz as well)
    - 1 TB, 5400 rpm
    - Nvidia GeForce GT 730M, 4 GB DDR3

One has better CPU while apparently other one has far better GPU. What I want laptop for is some Photoshop, games and programming. Any suggestions?

Haswell will be worth the wait. You'll have to hold out until the fall or early winter though.

Deleted
    Aren't they shipping first haswell laptops at the end of June?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleshcrawl View Post
    Did some more checking around and unless I go for Haswell wait, I could use a help with decision between those two laptops:

ASUS K75VJ-TY115H:
    - Intel Core i7 3630QM, 2.4 GHz
    - 6 GB DDR 3 (1600 MHz)
    - 1 TB, 5400 rpm
    - Nvidia GeForce GT 635M, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM

ACER V3-771G:
    - Intel Core i5 3210M, 2.5 GHz
    - 8 GB DDR 3 (doesn't say, but I guess 1600 MHz as well)
    - 1 TB, 5400 rpm
    - Nvidia GeForce GT 730M, 4 GB DDR3

One has better CPU while apparently other one has far better GPU. What I want laptop for is some Photoshop, games and programming. Any suggestions?
    I would recommend waiting like this guy below.

if not lets look at some stats

gpu comparison here it says the the 730m is a 20% improvement over the 635m
    cpu comparison quickly looking over the stats i can see a 32,48% improvement from the 3630qm compared to the 3210m

So the choice is up to you but i can not stress enough that personally i would wait.

And just for comparison sake the 730m is 170% worse than the 680m from the pc i linked earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by slothilopolis View Post
    Haswell will be worth the wait. You'll have to hold out until the fall or early winter though.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2013-06-04 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Hello yet again!

Did some digging around and found this:

ACER V3-772G:
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-4702MQ (4th gen proc)
    - Memory: 8 GB DDR3 (no idea about frequency, but I think it should be 1600 MHz)
    - Hard drive: 750 GB, 5400 rpm (will add 128 GB SSD from my PC)
    - GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 760M 2GB
    - 17,3" FHD IPS screen, 1920x1080 max resolution
    - price: 830 €

What do you think about this investment? Looks quite dashy to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleshcrawl View Post
    Hello yet again!

Did some digging around and found this:

ACER V3-772G:
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-4702MQ (4th gen proc)
    - Memory: 8 GB DDR3 (no idea about frequency, but I think it should be 1600 MHz)
    - Hard drive: 750 GB, 5400 rpm (will add 128 GB SSD from my PC)
    - GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 760M 2GB
    - 17,3" FHD IPS screen, 1920x1080 max resolution
    - price: 830 €

What do you think about this investment? Looks quite dashy to me
    Sorry for late reply. don't know much about the new cpu's but i would guess its better than the one's you found earlier.

The GPU is defiantly an upgrade. personally i would go for it.

Also its a lot better than my current lappy. especially for that price

Of the 4 lappy's you included it is defiantly the best. Most likely also better for the money than the one I linked

Deleted
    Cheers for all the help; yeah I think I'll go for this one. Did some researches around in my country and this seems by far the best deal.