Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd consult your/a doctor asap and tell him every symptom you've been experiencing big or small so he can make an accurate diagnosis. Not to frighten you, but you don't want to mess around with sleep apnea.

Deleted
    Stress? One amongst many things that tire out your body.
    For how long have you only been able to sleep for short sessions? Your body may need a lot proper sleep before it can fully recover, you can't fix years of abuse over night.

PS. Go find a doctor who specialize in these kinds of things. The average doctor probably wont have clue.

A glass of red wine before bed always sorts me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I mentioned it yet but I'm sleeping 8-12 hours per night, usually 10. The amount makes no difference on how I feel.
    I may just visit a doctor in a day or two if I can borrow the cash for it. (My usual doctor would see me for free but not until next week.)
    I wonder if the throat tightness is a delayed withdrawal symptom of quitting mirtazapine. Throughout the ordeal my entire body would tense up with this uncontrollable energy 24/7 but I finally got back to feeling normal, then this crap starts happening a few days later.
    It just seems like my life is one setback after another these last few months.
    Come to think of it my trazodone may be causing my tight throat and dry mouth so I'll stop for now and see if that helps. If not I'll try to see a doc this week.
    Anyone know ways to relax my throat a bit? I'm going to brew some damiana tea and see if that helps.

I used to have the same problem, I would be working and exhausting myself during the day, but without sleep I wouldn't have a chance to fully rest.

What helped me, was coming to terms with my day. Going back over my day, thinking over everything I've done, and should've done and comb over the day as a whole. It lets the brain accept and essentially finish with that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    I don't think I mentioned it yet but I'm sleeping 8-12 hours per night, usually 10. The amount makes no difference on how I feel.
    I may just visit a doctor in a day or two if I can borrow the cash for it. (My usual doctor would see me for free but not until next week.)
    I wonder if the throat tightness is a delayed withdrawal symptom of quitting mirtazapine. Throughout the ordeal my entire body would tense up with this uncontrollable energy 24/7 but I finally got back to feeling normal, then this crap starts happening a few days later.
    Come to think of it my trazodone may be causing my tight throat and dry mouth so I'll stop for now and see if that helps. If not I'll try to see a doc this week.
    Anyone know ways to relax my throat a bit? I'm going to brew some damiana tea and see if that helps.
    It sounds like sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can affect the heart if not treated. The fact that you mention that your feet and hands are cold concern me. This indicates poor circulation (as others have mentioned) which could be attributed to the heart. The fact that you can only do minutes of work without struggling could be attributed to heart problems. You need to see a doctor ASAP.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-06-04 at 09:33 AM.

Just an fyi REM isn't dreaming. Dreaming can occur in REM and non-REM, the timing of which only indicates which type of dreams you'll most likely have.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    meditation and deep breathing/progressive relaxation can help a lot. Not sure how much you know about these.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will definitely see a doc this week if it goes on. I know it's hell on my heart because of these chest pains I get if I try to push myself beyond a minimum level of exertion. That's a big reason I want this fixed ASAP. Plus I know long term sleep deprivation causes high blood pressure and other nasty things.
    Thanks for all the input, didn't expect this board to be so helpful.

As for the meditation thing I was thinking of trying it but had little success when I did last. That was years ago though. Either way I have a lot of reading to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I visited my doctor earlier today but have to wait 2 days on blood tests before he can even guess what's going on. Meanwhile my situation is getting worse by the day.
    I constantly feel like I've been awake 30+ hours even right after 'sleeping' for 10. Right now I'm doing some research into drugs that can cause the sort of sleep I need.
    Does anyone know any OTC drugs that cause deep, dreamless sleep? I've already tried diphenhydramine which didn't help.
    I'm not sure how much longer my body can take this. I may just have to call my doc tomorrow and ask for a few pills of the heavy duty stuff just long enough to get this figured out and treated.

OP, if your doctor won't be home, talk to a different one. Go to the ER if nothing else, you need to get checked out.

Ah nevermind, checked the date.

Sounds to me like you don't have a sleep issue, but an eating issue. My guess is your diet is the issue and especially a lack of potassium. This can directly link to your heart issues. My suggestion would be a simple blood serum test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Sounds to me like you don't have a sleep issue, but an eating issue. My guess is your diet is the issue and especially a lack of potassium. This can directly link to your heart issues. My suggestion would be a simple blood serum test.
    I find it very unlikely heart problems would cause the sleeping trouble, vice versa seems like what's happening but the doc is running blood tests for about everything. You may be right about nutrition though. Couldn't hurt to eat more potatoes and milk for potassium.
    Doing more research it seems I had even more risk factors for sleep apnea than I thought besides a family history of it. I hope it's something easy and cheap to fix because I have a friend with sleep apnea and he was getting charged out the ass for a CPAP machine. (They wanted $350/month for the rest of his life essentially, wouldn't just sell it to him.)
    Fuck this is awful. Definitely calling my doc in the morning and seeing if I can get a short term script for benzos or something. Just one night of real sleep would last me until this is sorted out.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry ! just be relax and i think firstly you should keep your mind fresh and happy then you will definitely take good rest at night. Do something interesting and different from your daily life cycle. I think this might be helpful.