Deleted

Which CPU to pick?

Hi everyone. Before you read anymore please take into consideration that I know NOTHING about AMD CPU

I need a powerful CPU and was going to go for an intel i7 Haswell CPU which I could overclock as I do video editing and will be using other powerful programs in the near future.

I have heard a few things about AMD's and they seem a lot cheaper but I do not have a budget so it does not matter too much but if I can save some money and still have a nice CPU that is nearly as good as an i7 then why not

Can anyone help to advice me, with reasoning, which CPU I should buy and tell me if there is one close to the Haswell i7-4770K?
    Thank you!!

Deleted
    i7-4770K, like you mention, sounds like what you need but then again depends what "other powerful programs in the near future" means. The i5 version, unless you're streaming high quality and/or rendering a lot, is usually enough for most people. Gaming wise the i5 is perfect.

Deleted
    Hi and thank you. I will just stick to the i7 then. I plan on using the Unreal Engine, sony vegas a lot, Adobe suit and any other games programming software when I head off to Uni

I do a lot of Gaming but that is only half of the things I do on my Computer and think an i7 was what I would need

Deleted
    You should be happy with i7-4770K then. Get some decent CPU heatsink and Z87 motherboard along with it and you can overclock it for some added performance.

Deleted
    Does haswell use fluxless solder on the IHS?

Deleted
    No same thermal paste unfortunately.

Deleted
    From the things I've read about haswell, it looks like they don't really overclock that good, the i7 haswell is actually worse than i5 haswell, I'd go for an ivybridge, possibly a sandybridge, they overclock the best.

Deleted
    Overclocking isn't everything, buying new today and not being on some extremely tight budget I see no reason not to go for a Haswell CPU (few exceptions).