Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hi all, 2 things:
    1) I absolutely LOVED the "film Noir style" cinematic when you met with the detective in Divinity Reach for second part of living story. So awesome! I hope there will be more cutscenes done in the same style.

2) Who is Lady Kasmeer Meade? She keeps popping up during the Living Stories. First I saw her on the beach at Southsun Cove, having some funny conversation with Lord Faren. Now I met her again, and it looks like she is the detective's assistant?
    And, I am SO JEALOUS of her! Her armour, hair style and face look absolutely gorgeous, better than anything available to players I hope Anet will at least make her armour available as transmute skin! I would so buy it, even if its from Gem Store.
    After you find the 4th and 5th suspects and complete that part of the story you get an item "Marjory's Journal". Clicking this item lets you replay the cutscene where ever and when ever you like.

I'm curious how they will expand on this technology. I can see having a book of sorts with these journals bound together, but even more curious how this "portable instance" could be deployed.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    After you find the 4th and 5th suspects and complete that part of the story you get an item "Marjory's Journal". Clicking this item lets you replay the cutscene where ever and when ever you like.

I'm curious how they will expand on this technology. I can see having a book of sorts with these journals bound together, but even more curious how this "portable instance" could be deployed.
    There are some good suggestions on the official forums. Integrating it in the Hero's story tab would be the best thing in my opinion.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...r-living-story
    https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net...ory_update.png

Did anyone DISLIKE the Noir style cinematic? I liked it, but my GF thought it wasn't really suiting in a fantasy game. I really didn't understand this Detective-thing at first, I thought she was more the assassin kind of girl. Well maybe it's ok for her story, but honestly... if the whole living story would be continued like this, it would be really strange.
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I can see why some would say it feels out of place but I liked it. Also I'd say the game isn't a strict fantasy setting, quite a few steampunk/magictech elements to the game.

I liked the style of storytelling with more cutscenes than just flapping heads. The over-all style didn't really fit in a fantasy world imo but the positive outweighed the negative.

This was how I imagined them doing it instead of having two figures just talking at eachother.

I liked it, the noir feel of it was good. The style has been done at char-gen and when you join an order and stuff. I like it as long as it's infrequent, though it needs a skip option too I'd say.

As for "not fitting the feel of the game", the game has nearly every feel imaginable somewhere. The later big encounters nearly all involve magi-tech stuff, ther'es standard fantasy fair, sci-fi, so now we get a bit of detective. Could use a bit more horror in some places, I'd think. I miss a Duskwood style zone.