PS3 and what game to get.

I am getting a PS3 these days (yes, I know), and I'd like to ask what game I should play or at least look at to buy. I loved Kingdom Hearts for PS2 in my childhood and Soulcalibur in PS3 (played it in PS3 at a friend, will 100% buy this one out).

Now here's the problem: I can't remember anything else. What games are there that I have to see and play? I haven't played Final Fantasy at all and while I loved Kingdom Hearts, I've read that it is a huge game. Should I try it? And if yes, where do begin?
    Is there a Yu-gi-oh game for PS3? I remember there was one for PS2.

Feel free to offer any input, thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Uncharted games. They are shooters, but very story driven.

I wasn't a big fan of FF13, but if you like RPGs, you might. I think the first one is pretty cheap now and can probably find a used one even cheaper.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-06-04 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killzone 3 is a great game. The assasins creed 1-revelations, BF3 if you like fps, GTA 4 or GTA 5 when it comes out, INfamous is a classic and its really good. Thats the ones off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you looking for just PS3 exclusives, btw? Did you have a 360 or play PC games?

Deleted
    SSX!
    Not had the chance to play it on the PS3 yet (dont own one) but I spent MANY MANY hours playing SSX3 on PS2.
    Think of it as THPS2 on snow taking a large dose of steroids.

If you enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, try out the Tales series. Vesperia was on X-Box 360 and PS3, Xillia and Graces were PS3 only (bonus, I'll be jealous of you because I don't have a PS3, so I haven't been able to play the latter two. ).

Soon the game called "Last Of Us" will be released. I'm realy looking forward to that game and would highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing a Yu-Gi-Oh game in the store recently, I don't remember if it was one of the free games for PS+ subscribers, or if it was just a sale. I thought Final Fantasy XIII was garbage. Keep in mind, I've played Squaresoft Enix games since they first came out.

Get PS+. It's worth it. You can see for yourself what is available at this point in time. The price of it alone is worth getting Saints Row 3, which they just added. Best sandbox game ever made, seriously. Seeing as you seem to have a like for JPRGs, look for any of the Tales games.

The best source of a list of games would have to be metacritic. Here's a link to their list of games sorted by score, and all-time. You can switch to the last 90 days, or the last year too:
    http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam...nsed&sort=desc

Not everything there may be stuff you're into, but it's a great jumping off point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted!
    I know people that didn't like Uncharted (don't ask me how that's possible) and liked the new Tomb Raider, so check it out too.

I also like Resident Evil 6 and Heavy Rain.

My personal favorites for my PS3 are God of War 3, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West(such a good game, yet not a very well known game) and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.

All of these are platformers(-ish), which I find to be one of the strenghts of a console (and their controllers), the steering is just much more real and fun compared to a keyboard.

Uncharted series is a must even if you don't like shooters like me, that game + tomb raider are an exception, on the way tomb raider as well.
    Oh and The Last of Us that comes out in a bit over a week.

I generally don't like shooters or sports for games. Thanks everyone for your input up until now

Regarding God of War... I am Greek, and playing it would make my eyes bleed out, sorry

I mainly want fantasy (like Kingdom Hearts), fighters (like tekken, soulcalibur), or card-games (like yugioh). Crash bandicoon-like games would be awesome as well

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Are you looking for just PS3 exclusives, btw? Did you have a 360 or play PC games?
    I do play PC games, but no Xbox
    Last edited by Well; 2013-06-04 at 04:51 PM.