Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't even wanna know where you live... but i also enjoy eating outdoor at times when it is summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pretty sure once the food is cooked and on the customer's plate, it's not the restaurant's job to make sure nothing happens to it.
    I don't agree with the OP but that's just a silly thing to say. So if the restaurant is completely nasty and provides no way to keep your food from dirtying up, then it's fine, because they already served you the food anyway? And if the restaurant makes me sit in a piece of shit, you think that's not going to affect their business, and you think providing a clean place is not their responsibility? Derp.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-06-05 at 01:09 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't agree with the OP but that's just a silly thing to say. So if the restaurant is completely nasty and provides no way to keep your food from dirtying up, then it's fine, because they already served you the food anyway? And if the restaurant makes me sit in a piece of shit, you think that's not going to affect their business, and you think providing a clean place is not their responsibility? Derp.
    I'm referring to outside influences, like bugs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    When its too hot you sweat and sweat drips in your food.
    Umm if you sweat that much by just sitting down i think you need to do some pushups or something in your free time

10+ Year Old Account
    Because other people like it. What more discussion do you want?

'THE WORLD SHOULD SUCCUMB TO WHAT I BELIEVE' is not a valid argument. My advice? Just eat indoors your entire life and be happy and leave everyone else along, smug in your self-satisfaction that you know better. Okay? Cool. Everyone wins.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I noticed right in the heart of the oakland ghetto some yuppies opened a coffee shop/cafe with outdoor seating. The place already looks super out of its element, and to have outdoor seating is a joke. People that go to coffee shop/cafes are not going to want to sit outside in a rough part of oakland and eat their scones as the drug dealers and gangs walk past them. Its ridiculous.

Its so unsanitary that health codes should forbid it. .
    I can't understand this statement at all. You do realize mankind has been eating outdoors for tens of thousands of years right? In far dirtier conditions.

I'm not going to lie, I seriously question if this is just a troll post.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I actually had a very nice dinner with my parents and husband last night which was cooked and ate outside. It was cool (about 65) but sunny and was a great end to a day of my parents helping us do some outside stuff to our house.
    How did you survive this ordeal? You should write a book about your incredible story of survival eating in outdoor conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I noticed right in the heart of the oakland ghetto some yuppies opened a coffee shop/cafe with outdoor seating. The place already looks super out of its element, and to have outdoor seating is a joke. People that go to coffee shop/cafes are not going to want to sit outside in a rough part of oakland and eat their scones as the drug dealers and gangs walk past them. Its ridiculous.
    You make it sound as if it's normal to have drug dealers and gang members walking around in the streets. Good for that cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Eating outside is great. But back when I was waiting tables I once had a lady ask me if I could do something about the bugs outside. I really wanted to ask her if she thought I was god.
    haha

I prefer having a table outdoors this time of year, doesn't matter if it's just for a beer or for a full dinner... or if I'm playing chess and having a coffee. It's just nice.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Usually its too hot or too cold outside
    Only Sith deal in absolutes.

I feel bad for the OP, germaphobes don't get to live life to it's fullest.
    Eating outside is nice, provided the weather is too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    For anyone that isn't a terminally miserable killjoy, sitting outside in the sun to enjoy a good meal is usually a pleasant experience.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Unlikely. In the post-apocalypse there would be more pressing concerns than restaurant seating to complain about.
    In today's world there are more pressing concerns than restaurant seating to complain about, yet OP still manages it!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Our restaurant has seating out the back. It's mostly packed (barring rain). Loads of people like dining al fresco.

I've got a REHIS Food Hygiene cert, and I'll gladly tell you it's just as sanitary than eating indoors.

Deleted
    Wow, I would NEVER cook food over an open fire. All it takes a a small breeze and you get ashes all in your food.
    It's not that you can put a lid on your pans and pots... I've been cooking food over an actual fire outside since forever every summer, and so far I've never had wind that strong that it would get some ashes go into the food... It's also a rather small fire, the ashes blow to the side and not 'to the side, than upwards, and back around towards the other side downwards into the pan' >.>.

OT: I am yet to see a restaurant where you have no option to sit inside. Where I live, as soon as the sun is out people sit outside, including myself. I only go away if there's a huge amount of wasps around since I'm allergic to them. If it's a bit chilly (e.g. it's March/April or September/October) most Restaurants provide little blankets or even outside heating. It doesn't get 'too hot' here, summers hardly ever go beyond 30 celsius, if at all, but there's those nice huge umbrellas blocking the sun so you can sit in the shade.

Not sure this was a troll post anyways to have people discuss something so trivial.
    Last edited by mmoc8f363a477f; 2013-06-05 at 01:17 PM.

Let me guess what your next thread will be:
    "Why are toilet seats not plush enough?"

Seriously, a restaurant with no outdoors seating isn't as good as one who does have it. Eating outside is great, and will always be my first option unless it is raining frogs or a sandstorm is raging (Yes, we have those...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You sound like a rather unpleasant person to be around. Have you been checked for Asperger's? Not trying to be insulting, just asking.
    No I havent. I dont think I have any mental illness just because I like my food to be sanitary and free from outside contaminates. I couldnt care less if people want to eat outside. I just dont like when restaurants offer too much outdoor seating at the expense of indoor seating so when you go, you HAVE to sit outside because the inside is full, then I have to leave and find another restaurant and I waste hours finding a good one with an indoor table that isnt too close to the outdoor seating. Im talking about restaurants that have those patios along the sidewalk where the front wall can be opened to the patio so fresh air blows through the inside too. There is a lot of street dirt from cars going by 15 feet from the tables like this

And if you dont believe dirt from the street blows through the air try washing your car, dont sry it, park along a curb for 5 hours and then go look at it. It wont be spotless anymore. All that dirt that gets on your car, can also get on your food if youre sitting next to a street
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-06-05 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'd worry more about the waiting staff spitting in your food, if I were you.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I couldnt care less if people want to eat outside.
    Its so unsanitary that health codes should forbid it.
    Very well then.

I have to leave and find another restaurant and I wast hours finding a good one with an indoor table that isnt too close to the outdoor seating.
    Yeah, this actually is pathological behavior.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-06-05 at 01:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Granted, I don't live in a very "foot traffic"-y area of the country, but even in our downtown/urban development areas, where foot traffic is more of a thing, I have never seen a restaurant where outside seating was the ONLY option.

Unless you're counting food trucks and stalls as 'restaurants' or something. Yeah, you're going to eat outside from a food truck or a little place in a shack where the counter reaches the front door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Very well then.

Yeah, this actually is pathological behavior.
    Yes I know it appears contradictory but I dont think people should be allowed to eat outside due to unsanitary conditions, but if they are properly informed about the consequences of doing so, and continue to choose to do it anyway, then they should be free to do so, but restaurants should be offering larger indoor seating areas instead of shrinking the inside area to make more room for the outdoor areas.

Is it also pathological that I refuse to eat at any restaurant where I cant see the food being made? I only eat at places where you can get a table with a view of the food prep area like this.

Same with fast food on my lunch. I have a Wendys near work where you can see everything being made from the registers. I wont eat there if I cant see the people making them to make sure they dont drop my food and put it back on the plate, spit on it or contaminate the food like giving me fries that were on the platform part of the fry bin where they often out bags of food waiting to go through the drivethru window.

I guess youre also going to tell me Im pathological because I throw milk out 3 days before the expiration date just incase they calculated the date wrong, or that I never grab the first thing on the shelf at a grocery store because it couldve been a returned item, especially in frozen foods and meats, where they couldve been brought to near room temperature then recooled/frozen, either because it was a return or because people let the freezer door hang open letting warm air into the freezer for it to partially thaw
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-06-05 at 02:09 PM.