Deleted

Confused about computer setup

Hey,

I'll keep it short and simple.
    I have no understanding about computers at all.
    Recently bought this computer, brother installed win8 himself.
    It hasn't worked properly since I got it and I have no idea what the problem is.
    I'm under the impression the setup is way stronger then the recommended settings are.
    I'll gladly post more info if it's needed, I just have no idea whats relevant and what not.

General Information:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3350P Boxed
    Motherboard: Asrock B75 Pro3-M
    RAM: Corsair CMV 8g
    Graphic Card: Club3D Radeon HD 7870 XT JokerCard
    Power Supply: XFX Pro 550W
    Windows 8
    1920x1080
    recommended resolution settings: http://i.imgur.com/2b1OYlv.jpg

Would love to get some clarification on if I'd have to live with these settings in WoW or if there's something completely wrong.
    (Friend recently bought a somewhat similar computer and can run everything on Ultra)

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by mmoc8b85cf951c; 2013-06-04 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    You give no hint as to what the problem is. What's your fps at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    You give no hint as to what the problem is. What's your fps at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvea View Post

Would love to get some clarification on if I'd have to live with these settings in WoW or if there's something completely wrong.
    (Friend recently bought a somewhat similar computer and can run everything on Ultra)
    Fps is okay on those settings, just very spiky in raids.
    The question was more or less why the settings are recommended so low and the computer can't handle more.

Ignore the recommendations, they're mostly useless.

Recommended settings mean little. I was able to raid at mostly ultra (some far above ultra through console modifications and some below that had no benefit to be left ultra in raids but were performance hogs).

Set them yourself as high as you think you are comfortable getting away with.
    Raids will be spiky for everyone. Don't worry!

Deleted
    Oh, thanks! I stressed out, don't understand anything about computers . Guess I'll play around abit with the settings myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvea View Post
    Define 'similar'.. If he has an i5-3570K, and you have an i5-3350P.. those are very different things.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab