Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    He is a good governor, too bad he is obese.
    He said he had that lap band surgery. I'd like to see him get healthy, he is one politician I can at least respect for attempting to reach across party lines and get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    That would be a good strategy if he stood a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the Republican nomination. He's waaaay to friendly with Dems and Independents. Republicans fear him.
    God forbid bipartisan politics take hold in America right?

Republican In Name Only
    - Chris Cristie
    Sorry, but with the tea party behind the wheel, if you don't fall into line with EVERY view (even gay marriage), the party doesn't want you to have national power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Republican In Name Only
    - Chris Cristie
    Sorry, but with the tea party behind the wheel, if you don't fall into line with EVERY view (even gay marriage), the party doesn't want you to have national power.
    Which if the republicans had a collective brain they'd change or they'll continue to get beat down in every demographic except older white men and poor country folk.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Chris Christie is not a very good guy. He's just like every other politician, corrupt and greedy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Which if the republicans had a collective brain they'd change or they'll continue to get beat down in every demographic except older white men and poor country folk.
    Lol, half the country is not old white people and poor country folk. Stop stereotyping stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    God forbid bipartisan politics take hold in America right?
    Yeah, that's not going to happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    1. Kinda of. I voted against McCain and Romney. Every four years I listen to what all sides have to say, and then vote against the most crazy. More often then not that's the Republican.

3. Actually, Obama has a far better track record (still far from perfect) of adhering to his campaign promisses.
    Really? He's passed Healthcare and that's about it. Almost everything else he's done has been going against things he says while running for office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pshhh. He should learn from this guy:

You don't sit on gold like that and just give it away!

/joking
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Apparently Christie is "stupid" for not bowing to the GOP's master plan.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

The best part is, Democrats love this bipartisan "fair" shit. It's like the hardcore Republicans are literally saying the opposite of what they need to do in order to win.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-06-04 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Chris Christie is not a very good guy. He's just like every other politician, corrupt and greedy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:51 AM ----------

Lol, half the country is not old white people and poor country folk. Stop stereotyping stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:52 AM ----------

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:53 AM ----------

Really? He's passed Healthcare and that's about it. Almost everything else he's done has been going against things he says while running for office.
    Again you claim to not be a Conservative/Republican shill but you sure use all of their talking points.
    Here's 13 pages of campaign promises kept. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/
    Can you say that about any Republican candidate?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He does does seem like the most reasonable one in the current GOP crowd. Which is not hard to do. But don't kid yourself because of the way he handled the Hurricane disaster(single issue). He is in the GOP and I wonder how he would be acting if he was from a red state. I would not vote for him unless I see a lot more.
    Operation Red Wing

Comon....seriously

Democrats are not going to vote for Christie unless he has a "D" in his title. Don't act like "well gee maybe if his policies were better"

Pol Pot could win over democrats before Abe Lincoln as long as he was in the democratic camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    This is me giving exactly zero fucks. If a politician is doing what's best for the electorate because they want the electorate to like them... that's not subterfuge. That's being a good representative.
    I'm a Democrat and I feel like I'd vote for this guy over just about anyone right now.

His weight has nothing to do with his politics. As far as I've seen his a respectable person and an even more respectable politician. But the presidency does change people.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-06-04 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm a Democrat and I feel like I'd vote for this guy over just about anyone right now.
    In which case you aren't a democrat, you're a swing voter.

Party loyalty is important, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with all of his politics but that's how things should be treated anyways.

Like someone else mentioned, unless he is completely fake in the public.. I feel like I could hang out with him and actually have a conversation. He seems very likable.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Comon....seriously

Democrats are not going to vote for Christie unless he has a "D" in his title. Don't act like "well gee maybe if his policies were better"

Pol Pot could win over democrats before Abe Lincoln as long as he was in the democratic camp.
    Maybe true hardcore 'D's'. But there are many indys and dem/rep moderates who give him a second look if he shows that he can be a reasonable non-crazy republican. But it takes more than walking with Obama and crapping on the Boehner for aid.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-06-05 at 12:01 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Actually, this example is a model for how *all* politicians should act, not just Republicans.

Though most of the lefties that talk politics are perfectly fine with politicians abusing their power as long as they do it the right way, so I can see why you titled this thread the way you did.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair almost everybody abuses power and becomes an opportunistic asshole when it comes to politics.

Career in politics and getting elected is number one priority. Somewhere down the list is actually governing and passing legislation that helps the people who elected you.

Credit is given where credit is due and this is an instance of someone doing what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In which case you aren't a democrat, you're a swing voter.

Party loyalty is important, yo.
    I came to the realization during this past election that I would have rather voted for Bush for a third term than Obama for a second. /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is that he's getting ripped by Democrats for this action being self serving because it will be held before his own election and maybe draw down the Dem outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I respect what he is doing. It is whats right.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    NJ Senator Frank Lautenberg died on Monday. Today, Governor Christie held a press conference to announce what was going to happen with his seat.

Though NJ law allows him to appoint a (Republican) Senator in the Democratic Lautenberg's place, he's opted to hold a special election instead.
    Don't give him too much credit. Its a shrewd move that is the most politically expedient option.

Either he appoints a republican to replace a popular democrat and gets public outcry over it and the new guy loses his election anyway.
    Or he appoints a democrat and gets shit on by own party.
    Or he holds a special election now so he can distance himself from the results and doesn't have a popular democrat running for another office at the same time he's up for election.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Comon....seriously

The fact that you're saying this regarding the actions of a Republican Governor in a state that went to Obama 58 to 40 last election makes it seem kind of stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 12:35 AM ----------

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/

Page 1 of 13