Lightbulb I don't get it!! please Help!! v5.3!! post ur spec

Hello warlocks guys, i've posted in the past days this post
    mmo-champion.com/threads/1283170-I-don-t-get-it!!-please-Help

its seems for 5.3 that is STILL THE SAME!!! everywhere i look and everywhere i read in forums everyone has is own stat priority..
    so could you please post your stat priority and tell me why is that?? that would help a lot, also what pet do you use and why??
    thanks!! im thinking in going affli again, currently ilvl 515 and just 100k dps T_T

THIS CAN HELP ME A LOT PLZ HELP!!
    2. Stat priority
    3. What pet and why? and ilvl

Thanks *-* really appreciate it!!

edit: btw
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/zephonix/‎
    Destru, going crit, fel imp

Deleted
    Read the stickied threads, they will give you an idea.

There is no case where one spec/reforge/gem/playstyle fits the glove of every encounter and every situation. You need to identify which specs you are good at/want to play and then figure out what your gear can allow you to do. ToT has fights which are not all single target tank and spank. Every spec is viable on *almost* every encounter.

Calm down, take a breath, then go decide which two specs you want to play. At your ilvl you can just play destruction on every fight and do very well. Reforge/gem for mastery whilst keeping a comfortable level of haste. Use the fel imp or the observer, depending on what you need (do you lack armour debuff, is there a lot of target switching?). Stop asking for a one-size-fits-all answer because in this tier it is impossible. Go learn what the strengths of each spec are and how you can make them shine on each encounter.

Deleted
    First of all - Don't look at what other Warlocks use for stat priorities it's usualy depending on your gear and what your gear is capable of getting. Forexample: Guy says go 13737 haste bcs its bawz, u got 500 ilvl and reforge everything to haste but not nearby that cap it would probably be more worth it to maybe go for the 6637 haste breakpoint and focus the remaining stats on Mastery this is only affli tho.

I recommend the addon called Reforgelite it helps alot getting as close as possible to haste breakpoints/hit cap.

Theres several haste breakpoints which you can see here: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44ot

Also try to use simcraft to analyze your character Evrelia made a really cool guide on how to use simcraft here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8HqF-0egDY

hope it helped

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Read the stickied threads, they will give you an idea..
    thats why im crazy!! a lot of ideas!! im looking into world of logs and much of the destru locks have a lot of mastery!!
    thanks for your opinion of the mastery stuff, that clears some stuff =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    First of all - Don't look at what other Warlocks use for stat priorities it's usualy depending on your gear and what your gear is capable of getting. Forexample: Guy says go 13737 haste bcs its bawz, u got 500 ilvl and reforge everything to haste but not nearby that cap it would probably be more worth it to maybe go for the 6637 haste breakpoint and focus the remaining stats on Mastery this is only affli tho.

I recommend the addon called Reforgelite it helps alot getting as close as possible to haste breakpoints/hit cap.
    Thanks!! really helpful!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephonix View Post
    thats why im crazy!! a lot of ideas!! im looking into world of logs and much of the destru locks have a lot of mastery!!
    thanks for your opinion of the mastery stuff, that clears some stuff =)

Thanks!! really helpful!!
    If you are playing Affliction, I would go for whatever relevant haste breakpoint you can reach with your gear level, and put the rest into mastery.

For Demo, I would do the same up to ~8100 haste.

For destro, I would probably go Haste > Mastery > Crit for Single target reforging, even though crit is still good single target, there aren't really that many pure single target fights. For anything you are using sac on dump all you can into mastery.

Once you get very high gear levels you can decide if you want to go pure mastery with a modest haste breakpoint for aff/demo or go pure haste. It is debatable on which is better and I see very high parses coming out of people going both ways.

For destro however, I would stay with the same rules regardless of gear level.

a disclaimer that by no means what I have posted is the "proper" way to do it, it is just the way I have come to see it after much reading and testing. You see so many people saying different things because each spec can perform very well while being gemmed and reforged differently.
    Last edited by Aeiri; 2013-06-04 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    It's all in the stickies > : (( and these exact questions have been answered inside and outside those stickies a 100 times by now.

For destro your stats depend 110% on the boss fight and/or what your guild needs.
    For demo it depends on you having or not having UVLS and how much burst AOE you need to do.
    For affliction it's haste->haste->morehastepls up until atleast 13737, after that I would personally go mastery as of now, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    If you are playing Affliction, I would go for whatever relevant haste breakpoint you can reach with your gear level, and put the rest into mastery.

For Demo, I would do the same up to ~8100 haste.

For destro, I would probably go Haste > Mastery > Crit for Single target reforging, even though crit is still good single target, there aren't really that many pure single target fights. For anything you are using sac on dump all you can into mastery..
    Thanks!! so if i use sac i have to go into mastery, but if i use sup?

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    It's all in the stickies > : (( and these exact questions have been answered inside and outside those stickies a 100 times by now.

For destro your stats depend 110% on the boss fight and/or what your guild needs.
    For demo it depends on you having or not having UVLS and how much burst AOE you need to do.
    For affliction it's haste->haste->morehastepls up until atleast 13737, after that I would personally go mastery as of now, but that is just my opinion.
    Trust me i've checked all! and all!! and all i get is different answers! thats why im asking about your stats priority as a personal opinion, and what about pets?

Deleted

Nononono don't use sac before ur like 545 ilvl (or on ji'kun lol) if u wanna play purely affli go sup all the way except ji kun

Again theres no magical number that you can go for at all times, currently in my gear (539 ilvl) my haste scales slightly above mastery even past the 13737 haste breakpoint.

Also remember haste increases the recharge time on RPPM on your RPPM trinkets so that makes haste a tiny bit more valueable.

For your gear i'd honestly go destro but considering you really wanna play affli go for 6637 haste and dumb everything else into 15% hit and then mastery.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 05:27 PM ----------

Trust me i've checked all! and all!! and all i get is different answers! thats why im asking about your stats priority as a personal opinion, and what about pets?

If you've checked all you know when to use what.
    It changes from one fight to the other, with talents and equipment.

Deleted
    I play Affliction and Demonology.
    Going for 8500 haste and 10000 mastery cause I like it, just enough haste to feel smooth while packing a punch with the mastery.

I don't care for reforging between fights.

Mostly playing with the Shivarra cause she's super cool.
    iLvl 531.

I will aggre with Ignocia , When i used the tool in simulacraft to see, what way to reforge to gain more dps, it said hast haste haste, becuase of dots, trinks and efc.
    Lemie i hope not, it is a replay to pve?
    Better to go for 6637 or 9778 to make corr tick more, to have a chance to get more shards, to have the haunt up more, to make more dps. And w8 for better gear before going for 13k haste cap. Use Observer, but because it is ugly! No, Because it do most dmg.
    Last edited by Blackassain; 2013-06-06 at 09:59 AM.

With you being Destro, I'd say going Crit is a good idea. There are three prevalent gearing strategies, which is leading to a lot of confusion.
    #1: Crit - Good idea in most circumstances, should be considered the default build until you reach a certain level of gear and with specific items. Pets inherit a bit of our crit rating, where as Mastery is not transferred. That's why Destro went Supremacy+Crit instead of Sacrifice when the Sac nerf rolled through.

#2: Haste - Once you get two of the top-three trinkets and your legendary meta, haste is a great stat. You'll GCD cap incinerate eventually but the haste isn't entirely wasted because it effects proc rate on RPPM trinkets, which in turn buff your spells which are GCD capped.

#3: Mastery - Doesn't affect your pets, but if you get a high enough item level you could theoretically go back to Sacrifice and come out ahead of the default Crit+Supremacy spec. I haven't seen the latest SimC results to know if this is still the case, or how closely it competes with the Haste build.

It's entirely possible that you may even want to go Haste/Mastery and pick up Sacrifice while swimming in Embers, to better buff your Chaos Bolts. I'm not progressed far enough to test it, and (again) I haven't seen the latest SimC results to know whether it's been thoroughly tested.

As for pets, Observer sims the highest when it's not running around with a bunch of downtime chasing targets. Imp is acceptable, and even preferred if there is a lot of target switching on spread-out targets. A lot of folks tend to just put Observer on passive and pick a target to chew on until dead. Instead of the Imp changing on Council, for example, you could just stick the Observer on Sul until dead then put it on either of the other stationary bosses. Maximum uptime.