need help deciding how to optimize my build/performance frost 2h

hey guys hows it going? heres my armory so u can look and see all my stats http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Wadatah/simple . but basicly im on here asking about haste vs strength in terms of gemming. now i know there are other posts about this topic but this is about my specific toon and current gearing choices and where to go from here to improve.

issues im having:
    -i notice on lei shen (killed last night on 10man for first time) my dps was tremendously lower than some of the other fights. avg dps on fights around 150k. my dps on leishen was 111k.
    -being fully rp capped at times while spamming my normal rotation (i know the rotation so please dont presume that it may be the problem) and my gcd's will all be on cooldown leaving me with more than ample rp to frost strike.

so basicly i need some expert dk advice here. should i get rid of a bunch of my str/haste and haste gems since like over 90% of my gear has haste on it? any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. im not really into simcraft but i try to learn as much as i can with a limited schedule. please remember guys im asking for help/advice in a respectful manner so please dont troll or be rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have 15.5k as we speak. That's a bit of an overkill IMO. Once I brake the 10k haste mark on my dk, I find myself having the same problem that you have with getting runic capped real quick. My suggestion for you since most of your gear has haste on it is to switch to full strength gems. I too was gemming full haste but switched and found out that my dps was higher with the full strength gems over the haste ones. It also makes switching to unholy real easy w/o having to reforge or gems your gear.

as with every other thread:
    red: str
    yellow: str/haste
    blue str/hit or stam (depending on hit rating)
    bs sockets: str

why the exp gem in the ring?

i'd say it's pretty normal for your dps to be lower on lei shin cause there are decent amounts of time where you're not hitting him.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    as with every other thread:
    red: str
    yellow: str/haste
    blue str/hit or stam (depending on hit rating)
    bs sockets: str

why the exp gem in the ring?

i'd say it's pretty normal for your dps to be lower on lei shin cause there are decent amounts of time where you're not hitting him.

This. Haste is only really shines in patchwerk fights. In fights with a lot of movement and target swapping (ie most of ToT). STR gemming is going to pull ahead by a noticeable amount.

Wow OP, got to be honest....you have more haste than any DK I have ever seen.

Holy Batman that's a lot of haste. Get some strength gems man!
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits