Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Yurp I'm at 1 stone after 2 weeks. This after having to wait forever for the 20 previous ones...

    Edit -- Should add I didn't get my Sha weapon (to start the whole stupid thing) until after the drop rate increase. I stopped counting but I had something like 50 total kills that COULD have dropped a sha weapon (Lei Shen and Empress) but didn't -- even with coins.
    Last edited by Vajarra; 2013-06-05 at 03:56 AM.
    Ornasse Evershade, Sage of the Seven Pines | Tsi Ku | Healing WoW since 2006
    http://dancinghare.wordpress.com ~ Art, stories and musings. | My Pet Collection

  2. #42
    The stones only drop on the last 6 bosses in ToT and they should of been set to drop from all 12 ToT bosses. I have 3/12 stones so far and I have been plugging away in ToT LFR since day 1.

  3. #43
    Pretty sure Blizzard said at one point....

    "Ok patch 5.2 is coming out now...5.4 is the last step of the legendary quest....So given how many weeks in between patches... Lets make the person who raids every week, on average based on drops rates, take 16 weeks (or whatever the time frame they expect between patches) to complete this quest."

    In other words...the legendary quest line is fucking retarded. I'm pretty sure some ass-wipe at Blizzard made the drop rate so low that the average person will complete the quest, raiding every week, 1 to 2 weeks before patch 5.4. Some will finish sooner and some after, based on RNG.

    This is why I quit. The game is becoming a huge time-sink. I hate the valor caps and conquest caps, I hate the daily quest grind, and this legendary questline is just plain stupid.

  4. #44
    The game is becoming a huge time-sink. I hate the valor caps and conquest caps
    This GAME is a huge time-sink AND you hate valor and conquest caps?

    And you quit because a GAME is a time-sink?

    Do people even read what they write anymore before posting?

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Agent Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eielson AFB, AK
    Posts
    1,806
    I thought the cloak wasn't legendary and we haven't seen the final step to get the legendary.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why should bads progress faster than real raiders?
    Because some of those "bads" are probably better players than you that simply can't raid anymore due to other obligations. But yes let's put them in a corner and not allow them anything because they're not "real" raiders anymore. Petty.

    OT: RNG ftl :< They should've come up with some other idea rather than to get drops from the same bosses you already had to get secrets from.

  7. #47
    First of all, can we not bring Vanilla design in? Everyone can agree (well, everyone with a brain) that vanilla design in pretty much every aspect was flawed and bad.

    If anything, it should be like Shadowfrost shards. You shouldn't be able to get it in LFRs, and have a higher drop rate in heroics than normal mode. But then, I'll get accused of being an elitist (which I guess I am). And for people saying I want things handed to me on a silver platter: No. I work hard. I do heroic modes. There shouldn't be such a huge gap in time between people in attaining their cloaks.

  8. #48
    i dont care about upgrades even if its legendary (probably because im 13/13H) and i dont have my cloak (changed half away through progressing t15)

    time will come when ill get my cloak zzzzzz(as long as its before 5.4 itll be fine)

    btw how are people still not finished their secrets of empire :C feels bad since i finished it in 3weeks (i know the rng was favoring me lol)

    only thing i dislike about these legendary questline is it helps you too much with rng (if you are at 11/13H these cloak and meta gem boosts your dps and hps big time)

    hopefully the weapons in 5.4 takes really long or short just not DURING hard progression

  9. #49
    Alright, I have a question. Now, I read here and on several other threads that some people are doing LFR in conjunction with Normal/Heroic mode for their Runestones. Is this even possible now? Last I checked the Legendary Quest items were only loot elligible once per raidboss, regardless of difficulty. Now, does this mean that you only have one chance per boss to gain a Runestone or does it mean that they will only once drop a Runestone?

    So lets say, I don't get runestones from Durumu/Primordius/Dark Animus on normal mode, do they still have the capability to drop them if I do LFR or does the dropchance go to 0%?
    This question has bothered me for some time, as the Blizzard response to it makes it seem that if you don't get a drop in one difficulty, the other difficulty also won't drop one.

    I am asking this because I sit at 10 runestones, and I might for the first time do LFR on my main if this is the case.

    Also, the droprate on both difficulties are the same right? Roughly 15%? If so, I should probably do LFR this reset before we tackle our progression fights, as I could get my cloak this week.

  10. #50
    High Overlord Axylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    141
    3 weeks ago I got 5 drops on 6 bosses. Atm I'm at 9, been farming them since they came out. Queu'd as we speak for my other 3 let's hope we get lucky this week

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Because some of those "bads" are probably better players than you that simply can't raid anymore due to other obligations. But yes let's put them in a corner and not allow them anything because they're not "real" raiders anymore. Petty.
    Strawman.

    Never said not allowing people with less time get their cloak, only proposed to make normal/heroic raiders get it faster.

  12. #52
    the new concept sucks cause its complete RNG for who a secret or a runestone drops.
    leaving massive gaps between players, just cause you're unlucky with the drops.

    im still more a fan of the if it drops, than it drops for everyone way.

  13. #53
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Never said not allowing people with less time get their cloak, only proposed to make normal/heroic raiders get it faster.
    such a dandy idea

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 07:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    So lets say, I don't get runestones from Durumu/Primordius/Dark Animus on normal mode, do they still have the capability to drop them if I do LFR or does the dropchance go to 0%?
    If you do any of the last bosses, no matter the difficutly, it uses your chance to get it
    If you do Lei Shen any difficulty, no matter if you got one or not, you cant get one off Lei Shen off that week anynmore
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  14. #54
    The Patient Navoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    207
    Can't believe some people are complaining with having like 7+stones. Been clearing ToT every single week (mostly on HC) and I have 2 Runestones.

    The droprate sucks but things could be worse, trust me >_>

  15. #55
    Banned ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,263
    I'm starting to feel pretty good about my drop rate. 5 drops in 18 kills.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    They aren't. REAL raiders got their capes the first day or two after 5.3 dropped because they already had their Runestones farmed from running the final 6 bosses in heroic each week.
    Your understanding of maths has some serious problems.

    Heroic bosses, normal bosses, and LFR bosses all have the same drop rate. Heroic raiders are not more likely to win that 15% roll than anyone else is.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2013-06-05 at 08:31 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Some people completed their cloaks two weeks ago. Some people in my guild are still at 2 runestones. We all started within 1-2 weeks of each other. I'm at 7. This is just one of the worst concepts ever, not to mention the whole "everyone gets a legendary..something." concept is something I also disagree with.

    Either way, discuss your drop rate horror stories.


    tl;dr I'm fucking mad that some people have their cloaks and I don't.
    I`m still farming the right half of Thunderfury since vanilla on my warrior and it still has yet to drop. talking about bad RNG

  18. #58
    I agree RNG quests are dumb. I was stuck forever trying to get sigils of wisdom on the early quests as well

    Currently I am at 2 runestones out of 33 total kills. So I am seeing a 6% drop rate. So at this rate I need 198 more boss kills or 33 more resets to complete this part of the quest.

    That is over 8 more months, so stupid.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

  19. #59
    I got 0 titan runestones this week

  20. #60
    While I agree that this quest line makes the fact of owning a legendary seem less legendary as everyone is able to obtain them. I think the whole RNG aspect is a fairly good way of spreading the distribution of them. If it took x amount of weeks to obtain, people would feel obligated to acquire them. This would then have a knock on effect into recruitment requirements by raiding guilds, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •