Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know a guy from my guild who, despite raiding since the beggining of the expansion, has just yet managed to finish the Sigils quest

I agree with the OP tho. RNG is a good thing in mmos, when it adds to the joy of obtaining an item, and keeps the content going. What fun would it be if every boss dropped all his loot table at once? But when it's just "unlucky guys are worse then the lucky guys, no matter what they do and how skilled they are" it's pretty bullshit. And the fact that you have to do this RNG crap not once, but TWICE in one raid makes it even better.

I quite like the idea that every who raids a lot gets a reward for it. Legendaries in the past have always had issues, unless you're from one of those guilds where you do so many alt runs that everyone and their dog can have one. You still have to put in a fair bit of time to get it, even if it's in trivial content.

Most 10 man guilds got one staff in Firelands. Rogues were so scarce at that point, that most of us only had need for 1 set of daggers.

Balancing then made it so that anyone without the legendary was uncompetitive. At the same time, it made it so that anyone with it would be picked for all raids automatically. Was stupid not to take somebody that had an innate 10% extra damage modifier.

sitting at 3 after 3 1/2 weeks on the quest, have 3 more bosses to do this week. The drop rate need to be adjusted upward and though a stretch maybe even get 1-2 in the mail for good measure. Should have to spend 3 months on a single quest. 25% of 1 year just waiting on drops is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why should bads progress faster than real raiders?
    Why should people who use the term "bads" as an insult get anything other than a kick in the teeth?

its a 5.3 quest shouldnt have to wait to 5.5 to get it done because of low drop rate

Deleted
    This RNG can get frustrating but in the end it's A LOT better than legendaries that only few classes (or heck ONE FUCKING CLASS - daggers??) can use. And saves the guild drama. I bet it's there to spread the acquiration of those upgrades in time, so it's not immediate +10% DPS buff on whole guild scale when everyone completes their quest for the rewards.

Sitting on 4 stones, been on the quest for 4 weeks. Not that great. But at least I can make some use of my HC thunderforged cloak, item like that doesn't immediately go to waste can (aka vendor)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stand by my belief that legendary quest collections should be 100% drop off relevant bosses and should be normal mode and heroic mode only, with higher drop yields from heroic. Players who can coordinate a strong team to accomplish a monumental task should be rewarded as such. This being said, I think the whole "everyone gets a legendary" design is #dogshit and should be shot and buried. It is in NO way legendary to run an LFR repeatedly for utterly RNG dependent ROCKS.

I'm close to finishing the accursed cloak, I'm not happy about getting the cloak, it's just a step forward for my character to make the raiding team stronger. It wasn't necessary, it doesn't add any powerful lore events like the Staff quest in firelands (which was freaking epic) and the Daggers from Dragonsoul (Equally epic), it's just more gear that only requires the bare minimum effort of queueing for the lfr to get with a bit of luck.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Why should people who use the term "bads" as an insult get anything other than a kick in the teeth?
    Would you be more comfortable with any variation of "noob"?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should realy add some drop protection. Like they did it on minipet bags. The thing we got now just stinks very hard.

(they will probaly up the droprate for OG patch)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It should never have been put into LFR. Or possibly add it to LFR but at a much lower chance than normal/hc. There is no need for everyone to see everything and get anything they want in the game.
    I am 4/13hc and I doubt i'll reach Ra-den before 5.4, but i'm not going to cry over it. I'm 1900 in 2's, i'll probably never see 2.2k or get titles/mounts (since I can't find a suitable 3's partner) as im too casual at pvp for that.

People seem to have gotten into a "gimme, gimme, gimme" mind-set and blizzard are just giving and giving.
    I would much prefer if the quest had you do things outside of grind X or Y. For example a quest to go kill a mob in some cave which would require you to play your class skillfully.

I would like to see it go back to wotlk/cata style where it was 1 item for a person, however I would have it open to roles (i.e tank/healer etc) so that we avoid 1 class only stuff (daggers lol).
    Evolution of the item was also a great concept with the staff and daggers, although i don't know how it felt as I can't use em

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I can use it. It's a relative term. We have a disc priest with the cloak who constatly logs in the bottom quadrant, while rest of the team (none of which have cloak) is pretty decent. He is bad to me, might not be to you.

Top 5 players or guilds? Nevertheless, do you consider 99.6% of raiders bad?
    The fact you're in the same guild / raid group with this 'bad' pretty much sums up your position in the wow pecking order and is all the more reason you should not be using the term 'bad' in reference to other players.

Deleted
    Edited: Yeah, realised i'm an idiot. nevermind.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-06-05 at 10:31 AM.

Why should bads progress faster than real raiders?
    LFR players are real raiders.

You'll get over it.

And anyhow, haven't legendaries always had some rng element to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    You don't like that everyone gets a legendary, and you don't like that people are progressing at different rates?

Interesting.
    Thinking the same thing, lol

The concept sucks because it doesn't fit "bigger the effort bigger the reward" model. Even some of the LFretards are bound to have the cloak by now while the people who actually play the game are stuck with nothing. If anything, the chance for these quest items should be higher with the higher difficulty levels.
    By far the biggest problem with it. If I ever see LFR on an alt and see one of those 75k dps rejects in a cloak I might uninstall the game.

What's a fucking runestone? I get 1 secret from 12 bosses killed weekly. What's a fucking runestone.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    LFR players are real raiders.
    Until LFR requires coordination, being awake, good play in general, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my..... I am sitting on 19 Secrets of the Empire still, and should get the 20th this week..... and here we got people complaining about not having the cloak just yet? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Yogg-Saron dropped a Val'anyr fragment 100%. Why not have Lei Shen drop a stone 100%? With the bad luck some people are having, they'll take 10-12 weeks even if that 100% drop at the end boss had been implemented (I'm personally at 0-0-3-0-? right now on my main and at 1-1-1-1-0-? on my alt). It's atrocious and it makes me angry. I don't want to be angry after a heroic twin consorts first-kill because they didn't have a runestone

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still at 2 Runestones. Got meta gem 3 weeks ago or so. At this rate I might have it by 5.5!

I just wish it was something we could EARN by playing the game better. Or doing something strange like Shadowmourne and the infusions.

This random crap off a boss is just annoying. It doesnt require any amount of skill and it just requires the determination to keep playing -.-