Deleted

Need some help connecting 3 monitors(kinda long this thread)

Alright I'll start at the beginning. About a week ago I decided I was gonna be cool and have 3 monitors, just go buy one and plug it in, sounded easy enough. It wasn't. After I bought the monitor, I realized my GPU does not support 3 monitors(GTX 560Ti) so I figured fine ill buy a new gfx, which I did (amd radeon 7770 hd) that supports 3 monitors. I was really excited when I came home thinking I was gonna have 3 monitors. Wrong again, I needed an active displayport, which none on the stores here had so I had to order it(about 4 days for it to come) again I figured fine ill wait. So after 4 days I got it but it doesn't wok because one of my screens only supports VGA, I was using that with a dvi adapter, and after the displayport adapter, didn't work. Needed a single link Dvi cable, my question is can I use a VGA to dvi cable( without a dvi adapter) and still plug in the displayport adapter to the end of the cable which is dvi? Can someone please link the exalt cable I need for it to work? Sorry if I sound rude or anything just kinda angry ATM, I would really appreciate some help! Also typing this on an iPhone sorry for any spelling mistakes

I did create a thread like this not to long ago, but it kinda got lost I wouldn't normally create another thread but I'm really lost here.

Could something like this cable work? http://www.inet.se/produkt/8906237/d...-hd15-svart-2m

In order to run three monitors on that card, I'm 95% sure you need either one monitor with native DisplayPort capabilities (basically a DP jack on the back of the monitor instead of having to use an adapter) or get an active DisplayPort adapter. Passive adapters (basically anything that costs less than $50) won't work.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    In order to run three monitors on that card, I'm 95% sure you need either one monitor with native DisplayPort capabilities (basically a DP jack on the back of the monitor instead of having to use an adapter) or get an active DisplayPort adapter. Passive adapters (basically anything that costs less than $50) won't work.
    So I can't use the active display port cable I have? It has to an adapter?

Sorry, didn't read that you bought an active one, or the whole post, go me. It won't work with a VGA to DVI adapter that is not active. The DP to DVI only outputs a digital signal, the VGA requires analog, which would be another active adapter convertor that'll cost more than the monitor.

You'll need to hook the VGA monitor up to one of the DVI outputs using an adapter or cable and send the DP signal to a DVI port on a monitor.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Sorry, didn't read that you bought an active one, or the whole post, go me. It won't work with a VGA to DVI adapter that is not active. The DP to DVI only outputs a digital signal, the VGA requires analog, which would be another active adapter convertor that'll cost more than the monitor.

You'll need to hook the VGA monitor up to one of the DVI outputs using an adapter or cable and send the DP signal to a DVI port on a monitor.

So the the cable I just linked wont work, damnit this is such a nightmare.