10+ Year Old Account

Website/Wordpress help

EDIT: I think I may have this solved, or at least isolated to a point that I can no longer troubleshoot it. I created a completely new domain and website for testing, and the problem is resolved. I completely deleted every PHP database and all files on the FTP on my backup site, and recreated a database and website as I did with the test, and the problem continues. This leads me to believe that one or more of their servers are having issues.

I have the website mcsaver.net, and recently determined that the contact form (that has since been removed) was no longer sending me emails. I noticed this after I realized I hadn't gotten any in a week. At first I thought it was Contact Form 7, and WP Mail SMTP... But I've determined it's neither, and has to do with my php mail configuration.

I have ANOTHER wordpress website, run by the same host (000webhost), and the mail function works just fine with that, which rules out the host blocking ports, as well as the contact form being the issue.

The easiest way I've found to test this... Is that I cannot recover my password for wordpress. When I click "Lost Password" and put in my email, it just.. doesn't send anything, while the second website does.

I've posted on Wordpress support, and the most common answer is a 4 year old FAQ with a bunch of broken links. I've tried backing up the site, completely deleting it, and completely reinstalling wordpress clean, and that hasn't helped either. This makes me think it may have to do with mcsaver's particular database the host has... Maybe something to do with php.ini? The thing is, I just don't know enough of it to fix the issue.

I'm hoping someone here might know, or have a resource. It's getting to the point that I need to start spending money to get help on this, since it's going to start costing me if I don't get it fixed soon.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-06-05 at 07:16 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab