Diablo III: Book of Tyrael Coming This October, CMs and Their Personal D3 Accounts, Titan Project Delayed Until 2016
Wall of Blue Posts
Patch 5.3 Dev Interview
Today we are taking a look at an interview over on Game Diplomat with Cory Stockton.
- There aren't any developers that work only on pet battles, so the entire team contributes.
- The Lurker Below was going to be a Patch 5.3 battle pet, but it didn't look good when scaled down.
- Patch 5.3 enhanced pet battle PvP because players were interested in the PvP side of pet battles, doing things like forming tournaments.
- A very large percentage of level 90 players are doing pet battles, or at least trying them.
- Patch 5.4 will let you see the health of pets when other players are doing pet battles in the world, as the spectating added in 5.3 does not let you target any of the pets.
- If players are enthusiastic about pet battle PvP, there will have to be more focus on pet balance than there is now.
- Miss and Dodge had been recognized as a problem since Patch 5.1 and were going to be addressed in Patch 5.2, but the devs ran out of time. The changes were finally put into place in Patch 5.3.
- Pets dropping from old raid bosses worked well, as most people enjoyed collecting them.
- Wrath of the Lich King raid bosses would be next for pet drops after the second set of Burning Crusade raid bosses get pets. This isn't guaranteed though, as there aren't solid plans in place yet for when the second set of Burning Crusade raid bosses will get pets.
- Catching a Unborn Val'kyr will affect the spawn time and location of the next one.
Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - May 29
Patch 5.4 Battle Pet Abilities Adjustments
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Here are some more unofficial Fan Art pieces!