Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time," to ,"JK not that big, don't get mad."

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC started good, seemed to be gathering interest, then the ending came, leaving a lot to be desired, there are may better climactic endings that story could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    *sigh*
    Players want communication from Blizzard
    Blizzard communicate they have a new feature coming that some will like and others won't
    Players hype the new feature to be the next coming of Jesus
    Blizzard reminds players that it isn't a big deal
    Players blame Blizzard for their and accuse them of lying.

This is why I just love the WoW community...
    A coy tweet isn't communication. Openly describing the feature would have been communication and people would have liked it. The tweet hyped itself by being compared to LFD/LFR without giving any information at all which is Ghostcrawler's fault.

Don't blame the players for Ghostcrawler's incited hype.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-06 at 01:22 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Ghostcrawler : its not as cool as you think it is . . like everything else we are doing lately, sounds good on paper, isn't fun to do errr have . . i mean LOOK OVER HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except they've tried this method before, which is met with people complaining about the lack of communication, or lack of things to look forward to, etc.

There's really no right way to do any of this to be honest, but generally people prefer some communication over none, regardless of how much they complain about what is said.
    that was what I was getting at. They cannot do what this guy suggested because whenever they talk about something that is in early development, then players react with ´liars´ or ´promises´ if anything changes about it. If 3 months ago GC had described exactly what they were planning on doing, and then it somehow changed because of development or testing.. then players would call him a liar.

Like the guy you quoted, players are just not mature enough to understand things like a development cycle or or how things changes constantly during testing. Players are just too stupid to be told something while it is being planned because they think it is carved in stone now matter how many *´s the devs put about ´this is our plans´ ´this is what we want to do´.. anything mentioned is instantly a promise.

So their only course of action is to ONLY talk about something after it is nearly finished being developed and tested.. ie.. like the stuff we see on the launcher.

whether they tell you or not isn't going to make the feature go live right away. no need to get upset about them sharing information or not.

@Azrile - Or they could, you know, disregard the whining and move on. I don't see how that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    @Azrile - Or they could, you know, disregard the whining and move on. I don't see how that's not an option.
    In case you haven´t noticed, the ´whining´ usually dominates any other real conversation. I was just talking to someone today about how the forums were when BMAH was announced.. how every thread was domnated with people complaining about something they barely knew about. ( how hardcore guilds would buy the entire tier before heroic modes were even released).

1. They told us it was a weapon. So if it's not, that's called lying, and I'm not cool with that.

2. Why would you tease and hint at something? What's the point? The only thing I can think of is to build hype. So he did something to build hype and then got mad when it got hyped up? Is he mentally challenged? He could have easily just not mentioned it and just released the damn thing. He also could have just announced it instead of hinted. Dumbass.

3. Other games with a lot less money offer free transfers. They, unlike Blizzard realize having people play on dead servers is bad for the game. Having them pay to move when it's the company's fault is just disgusting and greedy.

Deleted
    Ok for the "UNANNOUNCED FEATURE" i think, and this is my opinion, that they'll do x-mog customization with weapon enchants. -"People we're asking it for a long time..." -Like Mongoose enchant matching today's Crown of the Lei Shen for instance for electric look, people wanted to custom everything.-It's cool,nothing big,yet let you custom little bit more.+ they added stupid enchant for PvP as a reward which is ridiculous....wow,playing arena so my wep can glow not red yet green.....just wow

For LEGENDARY.... Patch 5.4 Legendary Item
    The furthest anyone has gotten is to receive the 600 ilvl cloak that was implemented this patch (I believe?). The actually weapon, I'm assuming, won't come out until 5.4.
    You're certain it's a weapon? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    1st http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXYwf0cpZQ
    2nd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhsnOo-iWuA
    what if...
    ...now i couldn't find actual quote from blue post but someone asked will we be ever see legendary and blizz said - yes, 5.4 will award you actual legendary item. I believe he said "item" but I'm not 100% sure or "5.4 will award you with legendary."

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Don't blame the players for Ghostcrawler's incited hype.
    And here is exactly what I am talking about.

What did Ghostcrawler actually hype? Did you ignore the fact that fansites, even THIS OWN ONE linked parts of his tweet regarding the "new feature" while completely disregarding the end part where he tells people not to overhype things.

It was fully and completely the fault of the fans.

I get so tired of all the Ghostcrawler hatred. I dont even particularly like him, but I hate the moronic posters who automatically yell "GOOSTCRAWLER RUNED MEH GAME HE IS ALL PROBLIMS!" without having any clue whatsoever to what they're talking about.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    1. They told us it was a weapon. So if it's not, that's called lying, and I'm not cool with that.

2. Why would you tease and hint at something? What's the point? The only thing I can think of is to build hype. So he did something to build hype and then got mad when it got hyped up? Is he mentally challenged? He could have easily just not mentioned it and just released the damn thing. He also could have just announced it instead of hinted. Dumbass.

3. Other games with a lot less money offer free transfers. They, unlike Blizzard realize having people play on dead servers is bad for the game. Having them pay to move when it's the company's fault is just disgusting and greedy.
    1.) All they said was that we were getting an actual legendary item (As opposed to a gem or enchant), not a weapon.

2.) They talked about it because people were asking about it.

half off transfers seems like a desperate attempt to keep players. Either that or a test to see how many still want to use it instead of quitting

Amazing how much hate there is for this game/devs from people who spend countless hours playing it. I recently dropped my sub because it feels old and stale to me atm. I've been playing off and on since vanilla and know that is why it feels that way. On the flip side I can't help but hope that the next expansion is cool as hell and draws me back in(fingers crossed). Oh, and yes the vocal peeps on forums blows out of proportion everything Blizz does, be it good or bad, and tend to hype everything beyond reasonable expectations.
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2013-06-07 at 01:16 AM.