Deleted

Full Haste/Mastery or need item with crit?

Hi guys yesterday i dropped this staff (522ilv): wowhead.com/item=96911
    And now i have this main-hand/off-hand (530 with 2/2 upgrade): wowhead.com/item=9691 - wowhead.com/item=96826

I wanted to ask: Is it better to have full mastery / haste or a little more critical? Maintaining haste / mastery as main stats?

It's better the staff or mainhand/offhand?

Deleted
    depends on specc, your gear and the bossfight. No information from your side --> no answer

Deleted
    Crit isnt worth alot to any of the lock specs, while mastery/haste is generally solid for all specs.

Deleted
    Destro GoSup - Mastery→Haste
    Destro GoSac - Mastery → Crit

Affli - Mastery → Haste (until breakpoint) then dump rest of haste to crit if the item already have mastery on it
    So if you cant reach next breakpoint you go Mastery → Crit

Dunno about Demo, dont play it
    This is the stat prio you go for overall play if you dont wanna respec/regem for some bosses
    Last edited by mmocf0f3fe9f57; 2013-06-05 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Destro GoSup - Mastery→Haste
    Destro GoSac - Mastery → Crit

Affli - Mastery → Haste (until breakpoint) then dump rest of haste to crit if the item already have mastery on it
    So if you cant reach next breakpoint you go Mastery → Crit
    Dunno about Demo, dont play it
    This is the stat prio you go for overall play if you dont wanna respec/regem for some bosses
    That is so wrong its not even funny.

Destruction GoSup single target is usually - Haste -> Crit
    Destruction GoSac (Cleave or generating many embers) Mastery -> Haste
    Affliction is Haste -> mastery ->>>>>> Crit. Crit is useless for affliction.

Demo is haste until breakpoints -> Mastery -> crit

Quote Originally Posted by Drenaco View Post

glad you were nice about that lol. i was reading it like..."WTF?!" especially since crit has NEVER been a priority for aff...since launch even.

as for haste and mastery, they are so close when it comes to stat weight it is negligible, but if you are going to dump into one stat then go for haste. Once again (for now) mastery is pushed to the side.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2013-06-05 at 01:31 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

In Demo, Crit is a great stat IF you don't have UVLS trinket.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    in general you should stay as far away from crit as you possibly can.

Deleted

I've been having good results with Mastery>Haste gosup. After simming every possible reforge (at the advice on people on here) the outcomes on a single target fight were fractions of my overall dps so I've found a mastery haste build works in every situation without constant reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetamìne View Post
    Hi guys yesterday i dropped this staff (522ilv): wowhead.com/item=96911
    And now i have this main-hand/off-hand (530 with 2/2 upgrade): wowhead.com/item=9691 - wowhead.com/item=96826

I wanted to ask: Is it better to have full mastery / haste or a little more critical? Maintaining haste / mastery as main stats?

It's better the staff or mainhand/offhand?

As mentioned, we need more information than this. Do you have UVLS? What Spec are you? What RPPM items do you have?

I dont know why, but I have better dps using mastery > haste (to reach breakpoints) and even when not generating many embers.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Simcraft sims haste very high for me (afflic), with haste values at 4,02 and mastery at 2,8~ at 526ilvl

Still have to see for demo, but i'm currently going demo 4fun cause i don't have UVLS yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    You're right, but UVLS is the reason you play Demo in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Ye well demo is not very good without uvls and if you go full crit you can't really switch to the other speccs without reforging and regemming again.

I must say, demo is very good even without lei shen's trinket. High mobility and burst aoe works very good. Even without UVLS I can still see demo being beter on some encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I must say, demo is very good even without lei shen's trinket. High mobility and burst aoe works very good. Even without UVLS I can still see demo being beter on some encounters.
    Quoted for truth. Lots of talented but unlucky players killed Lei Shen Heroic with Demonology without UVLS.

I've been playing demo quite a lot without UVLS and it's sure not far behind affli and can do just as well as destro on many fights where you'd think destro is way ahead.

Deleted

Haha, I give you that I was totally off considering the Affli. Dont really know what I was thinking, must been high or something
    But Im not totally off about the Destro part. Mastery-Haste gosup or Mastery-Crit gosac often sims higher but it all depends on what ilvl you have, trinkets etc etc. But for overall gameplay without reforging on cerrain bosses it works out great. Its more of an personal preference what you choose.

In the end I wanna say that Im taking my punish for giving out wrong (totally) stat prio on affli and switched to Destro/Demo instead. Had enough of channeling spells on my Spriest already
    Over n' out