Thread: Internet HELP

Internet HELP

Hi,
    Recently I have had the issue of not being able to load some webpages such as facebook, twitter, amazon and my battlenet account page in any browser. It would also be a problem for me logging into wow but i havent renewed my sub so I havent been able to try that yet.
    I keep getting the message:

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.wow-europe.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
    Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

I think it happens with any site I have to sign in to? I have had this problem before but when i uninstalled norton and installed webroot it fixed and has worked fine until a few days ago.
    I run windows 7 if thats any help.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you delete cookies, cache and browsing history?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    did you delete cookies, cache and browsing history?
    Yeah ive tried all of that and it still doesnt work. Ive flushed the dns too

Have you tried using a different browser to see if it's the browser causing it? Also make sure your java/flash/silverlight/etc are up-to-date.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.