The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo tanking tortos.

I have been solo tanking tortos since our first kill, The last few weeks I've been having a hard time getting the bats to aggro me while tanking the boss. I know battle healer glyph was nerfed a little bit, but i wouldn't think it would make this much of a difference.

Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is it the glyph nerf? did they change anything within the fight?

We don't always have a hunter with us, but last night we did and there were still some stray bats getting away every now and then. I always let a snapping bite through right before they come, but it just doesn't seem like enough anymore. We ended up two tanking it, which is fine. Its just fun to one tank stuff
    Last edited by Dirdie; 2013-06-05 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Pop avenging wrath on the first set of bats for get more threat on them, as you will have the lowest vengeance on those bats. After that, tell your dps not to kill bats too fast. The longer bats are alive, the more vengeane you have, the easier you aggro bats.

Deleted
    Our guild just went over to single target tanking Tortos last reset after the Battle healer nerf. What we had was that our healers tried to position themself around middle of room if not even more to the edge we tank him(right when you look at him). If they got aggro they would run towards the tank(me) while I was running towards the healer. If I had Light's Hammer of CD I would throw it on the healer who got aggro. Maybe a tactical placement of Cons with the glyph could be the thing for you.(If you dont like moving around that much).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this problem over the last few weeks as well. Bats have been almost completely ignoring me while I solo tank. Doesn't help that healers and range are at the max possible distance away from me... It got to the point where the RL insisted we two tank it. Ticked me off but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    I've noticed this problem over the last few weeks as well. Bats have been almost completely ignoring me while I solo tank. Doesn't help that healers and range are at the max possible distance away from me... It got to the point where the RL insisted we two tank it. Ticked me off but w/e.
    Yeah doing whats best for the raid is a downer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like something messed up our threat after 5.3, I've been having issues at times where my druid co-tank just suddenly rips aggro from me, something that never happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

don't have md or tricks you could use?

Is it soloable in 25 man (hc) as well? We did it on 10 man, but i am not sure how it goes for the 25. If yes any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    Is it soloable in 25 man (hc) as well? We did it on 10 man, but i am not sure how it goes for the 25. If yes any tips?
    I think you'd just tip over and die in 25 hc, those bats hit really really hard, even with your shield, basically they'll pretty much one shot you if you dip below a certain amount of health (i forget amount)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Well, next time put them CLOSER to you, not max distance...

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    I think you'd just tip over and die in 25 hc, those bats hit really really hard, even with your shield, basically they'll pretty much one shot you if you dip below a certain amount of health (i forget amount)
    35% HP.

If you have a warlock and ideally a hpal, have the holy paladin righteous fury and heal near you by the boss. When the bats get close to him, have him take a warlock portal out which will drop all aggro; at that point, they should be near you to pick up with AoE. If you dont have a hpal, just have your healers be ready to jump in a portal to drop aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    We solo tank 25H Tortos with both prot paladin & brewmaster - it provides for some fun numbers. I have no idea what this 1-shot mechanic is. Drain the weak is an ability the bats do when you're under 550k hp; it does like 50k damage and heals the bat for half a million.