Page 1 of 3
LastLast

celestial's blessing as hunter

any1 have a clue how to do this coz if its not wrathion killing me its the blobs and they seem to hit very hard is there any tricks i can use as bm to do this?

Deleted
    Spec Narrow Escape then just kite the adds in circles while nuking wrathion. You can detterence the frontal cone attack if kiting the adds leaves you in the hitrange of one. Took me a few tries to get this right, waiting for CDs was the only annoying bit.

Did it as BM with a heroism precast from my core hound, then swapped out for a spirit beast for the selfheal.
    Last edited by mmoceaf7abfeb0; 2013-06-05 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Just... kill the blobs?
    From what I remember they have about 150k HP. Wrathion isn't hard to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Just... kill the blobs?
    From what I remember they have about 150k HP. Wrathion isn't hard to avoid.
    they have 750k but dont he summon more once theyr killed? also even narrow escape seems to be failing andf the blobs keep going for my pet even when im attacking them. also the blobs hurt and move faster and faster
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-05 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    They probably go after your pet because of the Beast Cleave damage being relatively strong. Usually when I Multi-Shot mobs out in the open world without Misdirecting anything to my pet, my pet actually gains aggro on everything after about 2 seconds. But this isn't really helping you right now.

Have you tried Survival yet?
    I've only done the fight once but I went in as Survival and switched to the blobs while kiting them around and avoiding Wrathion himself. But then again it;s been a while and my memory is a little foggy. The only thing I'm 100% sure of is that I did it as Survival.

tryed it a few tiems had same result plus its been a whiel since i played surv

to add to the annoyiance even tho im behind him im being hit by the cleave and im getting killed by cleave while in deterance so im wondering if theres an alotted time
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-05 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tryed it a few tiems had same result plus its been a whiel since i played surv

to add to the annoyiance even tho im behind him im being hit by the cleave and im getting killed by cleave while in deterance so im wondering if theres an alotted time
    I'm not a hunter but the melee and ranged fights look very similar, think the adds move a bit faster for ranged, but what is your dps/char like? The adds only took a few hits for me to kill so I was gonna guess around 500-750k hp. Been melee I just ran away from him while he was casting his shockwave ability, when the adds got close, charged at the boss, hit him and bit, cleaved the adds a few times and ran away, the dot i left behind killed them while they where aimless walking about. For reference, my cleave hits for about 100-150k and can aoe bleeds. The adds, if they did hit me, didn't hit that hard either, I was 528 when doing it and they did about 90k a hit, while hard, not a major setback.

You really shouldn't have a problem kiting the adds, hunters are known for being able to kite quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I'm not a hunter but the melee and ranged fights look very similar, think the adds move a bit faster for ranged, but what is your dps/char like? The adds only took a few hits for me to kill so I was gonna guess around 500-750k hp. Been melee I just ran away from him while he was casting his shockwave ability, when the adds got close, charged at the boss, hit him and bit, cleaved the adds a few times and ran away, the dot i left behind killed them while they where aimless walking about. For reference, my cleave hits for about 100-150k and can aoe bleeds. The adds, if they did hit me, didn't hit that hard either, I was 528 when doing it and they did about 90k a hit, while hard, not a major setback.

You really shouldn't have a problem kiting the adds, hunters are known for being able to kite quite well.
    well im doing somthign wrong and im not sure what as ive now spent over 2k on repair bills for this stupid quest, ive decided to try it for a few hours till raid.

got him 2 30% but forgot heart of the phenoix was sill on cd, best try now 14% getting there
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-05 at 09:03 PM.

Well, at least you have the chance to do it...

I've gotten 2 Runestones in 6 weeks.

How much health does Wrathion/whatever actually have? I can't see the fight being ridiculous like the Meta gem part was where it was just a stand-still nuke for 3 minutes and occasionally using the orbs to interrupt the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    How much health does Wrathion/whatever actually have? I can't see the fight being ridiculous like the Meta gem part was where it was just a stand-still nuke for 3 minutes and occasionally using the orbs to interrupt the cast.
    he now has 19.7 mill hp on the ranged quest used to be 20 mill any1 else notticed a changed in the adds they aare ignoriong my pet now, ywt the werent yesterday dure to beast cleave dmg being high?

oh no no chance, u have to attack him from behind to do more dmg to him you also have to avoid voids and kite/kill adds andf the longer they are alive the faster they move also each add that hits you will take 90k off you

After 3-4 embarrassing fails that involved bouncing between specs, SV seemed a lot easier for me. Sure, BM is doable with its strong beastcleave AOE and all, but with wrathion jumping all over the place and everything, I found SV to be more reliable. Entrapment is great too in rooting the adds.

Note that the blobs hit quite hard, and MD'ing them to your pet can be dangerous. I even tried a ferocity spec'd turtle to tank up the damege, yet he still died a lot. So in the end I just nuked them down asap, whilst keeping them slowed with ice traps whenever they spawned (you might struggle to do this forever as the blobs move quite fast when they're not slowed).

Also, just some lil' reminders for more DPS:

Make sure you're flasked and have a food buff
    Pre-pot if possible, and pot again during the fight accordingly
    Self-buff yourself with every pet in your stables prior to starting the fight
    Consider barrage if you're dying to the clones' phase a lot (stick to glaive toss if you're DPS is high as it is, as I was able to completely skip that phase)
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-06-07 at 01:43 AM.

clones phase?

there are no clones in the ranged chalange unless the come in at the sub 10%

and its been AGES since i last used surv so ill be super rusty

just to assit people wiht this ill leave a armory link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leson/advanced

and yes i have tryed using lynx/blink strike and even thrill of the hunt
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-07 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

there are no clones in the ranged chalange unless the come in at the sub 10%
    That's what I was referring to, yes. As I assume you're mainly stuck on the adds, have you tried out Glyph of Endless Wrath and Glyph of MD? As mentioned, the adds hit really hard, but if you can kill them quickly without worrying for 10 secs of your pet dying with those, it should help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    That's what I was referring to, yes. As I assume you're mainly stuck on the adds, have you tried out Glyph of Endless Wrath and Glyph of MD? As mentioned, the adds hit really hard, but if you can kill them quickly without worrying for 10 secs of your pet dying with those, it should help a lot.
    im using endless wrath but never thought of md glyph will have to try that

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 10:38 PM ----------

grr not even barage is working i must just be a bad hunter

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 12:07 PM ----------

i dont get it the vid i watched of the warlock doing this sais i should kill the add but for some reason i have a better time wiht this quest when i zerg wrathion and kinda just ignore the adds any1 know why?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-07 at 12:59 PM.

i just got screwed over

a guildie got to the quest as well we werent in a grp when he hit the gong we werent phased out but when we killed wrathion only he got credit....put in a ticket but i doubt itll help, wrathion was tagged as mine and as his

i decided to give blink strile a few trys today and got to 10% a few times without noticing and with adds up but now with the nerf to stampede and blink strike. its seems even more impossible any1 got any more tips that may help?

I just killed the adds and made sure to maximize the damage increasing buff for attacking from behind. I was survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    I just killed the adds and made sure to maximize the damage increasing buff for attacking from behind. I was survival.
    ive been trying to do it as bm and was working with blink strike now that its getting nerffed im stuck again

I just 4 Shot it as BM ilvl 527 I just used core hound food buff flask and pre potted the attempt I got it he summoned his adds really quick and it was when I was in beastile and had the effects of my pre pot so I demolished the adds in 2 multi shots then used readiness bursted again and kept moving to his back for the damage increase and used 2nd pre pot at around 22% for kill shot phase and he was dead before he could do anything else. the adds were just coming back up as I finished finishing him with 300k dps
    Last edited by Eutyr; 2013-06-12 at 09:25 AM.