Wintergrasp achivs impossible?

Are the WG achivs impossible to get now? Every time I join its nothing but a massive 3v3 arena match. Is there anyway to CRZ those or pretty much am I screwed until Blizzard adds a way to get them? Also no trying to get people from the other faction to queue on my server wont work. Its pretty much dead. By dead I mean it was like 80 vs 5 before they ruined WG by making both sides have even numbers.

Deleted
    Yes, those achievements are near impossible to complete nowadays, although the "Didn't Stand A Chance" has always been an impossible achievement, even during 80vs80 matches.

Your best chance to achieve them is to bring a friend from the opposite faction to help you.

Deleted
    I also wonder whatever happened to the achievement that got taken out and was promised to be made into an Feat of Strenght ?!
    Think it was about winning the game while having the tenancy buff (being with less then ur opponents team)
    Also i would love if blizzard made wg & bh instanced bg's where ppl cross realm can join in.
    That would make them fun again, possible hk & honor farming, easyer achievements etc ..

I think instancing would definitely have to be put into place. Possibly scale it to max level or have everybody scaled down to its level with gear at a static iLevel. Plus, some sort of extra incentive to do it would also be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think instancing would definitely have to be put into place. Possibly scale it to max level or have everybody scaled down to its level with gear at a static iLevel. Plus, some sort of extra incentive to do it would also be nice.
    It's already scaled to max lvl except for the honor you get for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    I also wonder whatever happened to the achievement that got taken out and was promised to be made into an Feat of Strenght ?!
    Think it was about winning the game while having the tenancy buff (being with less then ur opponents team)
    (...)
    The only achievement they removed is the Grand Black War Mammoth. And it is a Feat of Strength now.

Quote Originally Posted by SignumNL View Post
    The only achievement they removed is the Grand Black War Mammoth. And it is a Feat of Strength now.
    Nah, there was an achievement called Against the Odds for winning with Tenacity, but it got removed in 5.2, even though the patch notes said it was to become a feat of strength instead. I think they went for straight-up removal because thanks to server imbalances, it would be impossible to gain Tenacity unless you played the outnumbered faction on nearly every server, and who would want to do that? This of course being before account-wide achievements. Even so, it would be impossible to get it now since the queuing system tries to keep things balanced and won't let you in if it's too imbalanced.

One nice thing about the "kill 10 players in every area" achievement is that the character doesn't have to be 85 or anything. I think I got an alt account character up to 80 and flew up to Wintergrasp when there wasn't a battle going on and killed them repeatedly to finish that achievement off. The "kill 20 mounted players with a cannon" achievement, on the other hand, is impossible without help from the other side. Mine's sat at 7/20 for years because I never finished it in Wrath, and it's the only achievement left for me in Wintergrasp. Hell, I even got the Grand Black War Mammoth first!

If you're stuck, put an ad out on your realm forums or the other faction's trade chat to enlist some help. For the speed cap, you'll need a lot of well-geared players and will likely have to play in the off-hours. Pardon the pun, but you'll have to have tenacity to finish off the meta.

Bring a friend outside of battle times. I did it myself with a second account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, those achievements are near impossible to complete nowadays, although the "Didn't Stand A Chance" has always been an impossible achievement, even during 80vs80 matches.

Your best chance to achieve them is to bring a friend from the opposite faction to help you.
    "Didn't stand a chance" actually isn't that hard to get, at least before. All you need to do it get 20 HK's while in a cannon. You don't even have to do damage in the cannon, or get the KB, you just have to get 20HK IN the cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    "Didn't stand a chance" actually isn't that hard to get, at least before. All you need to do it get 20 HK's while in a cannon. You don't even have to do damage in the cannon, or get the KB, you just have to get 20HK IN the cannon.
    Unless it changed, you had to kill people that were on mounts using the cannon, not just any stragglers standing/running around. Otherwise, this achieve would've been faceroll, but I remember it taking some time to get, even during Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you defintely needed the killing blow back in Wrath.

I did way over hunred battles in Wrath and I was nearly always defending the base inside a gun gathering thousands of HKs. Only after searching for a horde player to help with that via the realm forum was I able to get the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you always needed to kill 20 mounted players, even back in the WotLK days. I remember getting it pretty quickly on one toon but it took months to get the 20 on my main that only needed it to complate the meta-achievement. If a player dismounted before they died you didn't get credit which is exactly how the text describes it, over all it has always been a strange achievement and I believe I only got it in the end since those on the opposite faction had deliberately stayed mounted within range of the cannons to help someone else. Fortunately Wintergrasp isn't part of the Battlemaster set of achievements so its not blocking anyone still working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    My guess is you just got lucky in that someone nearby had prearranged it and you were in the right place at the right time, as happened the first time I got it. When I actually tried to get the achievement it was horrendous. Most days I'd spend the entire duration of two or three battles in a cannon just shooting at anything mounted or otherwise and still never get any closer to 20.
    Last edited by Blaiz; 2013-06-06 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    It's already scaled to max lvl except for the honor you get for some reason.
    I did not know that. In that case, there needs to be some kind of suitable compensation.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't know anything about "impossible to get" achievements, I was the first person on Thunderhorn - US to get Wintergrasp Battlemaster.

This was also back before that one that got taken out was in.

Yes, I was obsessed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eltress/simple
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water