Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Vimeo does 60FPS but I'm not sure if they allow gaming content anymore.
    I've looked into it, to even be able to upload a video of any real size, you need to pay a subscription.

@Tetris, movies also use good ol' motion blur effects.

I wish there was a way we could take a movie and turn off the motion blur, and show it to the nonbelievers and show them the difference. Might just finally make people shut the hell up.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I wish there was a way we could take a movie and turn off the motion blur, and show it to the nonbelievers and show them the difference. Might just finally make people shut the hell up.
    Say no more: http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Set one ball to 24 fps + 1.0 blur, and another ball to 24 fps + no blur.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Say no more: http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Set one ball to 24 fps + 1.0 blur, and another ball to 24 fps + no blur.
    Nonbelievers will say it's skewed in favor of people who believe we can see more fps.

I want to have a way to basically stick the DVD in the DVD Player hooked up to that gorgeous 55" 1080p Sony Bravia and just turn off the motion blur.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I've looked into it, to even be able to upload a video of any real size, you need to pay a subscription.

@Tetris, movies also use good ol' motion blur effects.

Makes no difference.

Dont know how old you are, but the only displays ive ever seen capable of panning with zero motion blur is CRT's.

Motion blur effects are used to cover up hardware induced motion blur from LED/LCD technology.

All LCD based technology have motion blur that you are unable to turn off because of hardware limits.

I hate gaming on LCD compared to CRT. Side scrolling platform games for example are horrendous even on the best LED monitors on the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying if we could simply shut off all motion blur and let them see the difference between 24 and 60 fps, maybe they would quit it.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I'm saying if we could simply shut off all motion blur and let them see the difference between 24 and 60 fps, maybe they would quit it.
    Well yeah. Its easy to spot fps difference, even with motion blur.

Im just affirming that its impossible to turn off motion blur on any modern display due to hardware limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Well, movies are generally in 24 fps. And they take up far more space with more FPS, so I can understand why. I don't agree with it.
    This. The majority of videos on Youtube aren't gaming related. higher framerate videos take up literally double the space as a 30 FPS video at the same quality. It's kind of superfluous when you think about it. As well as, that would mean more bandwidth consumption, and thus incurred costs for google.

even in gaming related videos, the 30 fps is much less noticeable over a recorded video as opposed to you actually playing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    This. The majority of videos on Youtube aren't gaming related. higher framerate videos take up literally double the space as a 30 FPS video at the same quality. It's kind of superfluous when you think about it. As well as, that would mean more bandwidth consumption, and thus incurred costs for google.

even in gaming related videos, the 30 fps is much less noticeable over a recorded video as opposed to you actually playing the game.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with improving technolovy for a better end user experience.

Its inevitable that mainstream online video uploads will not have a mainstream fps cap of 30 forever.

Can't we have ONE fps thread where someone doesnt bring up the whole "the human eye cant see more than 30 fps bullshit?"

Like others have said, Vimeo allows 60 fps videos so you would best be suited to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Like others have said, Vimeo allows 60 fps videos so you would best be suited to use that.
    They're not a great choice because Vimeo doesn't do gaming content.

You may not upload captures of video games or gameplay, even if edited.
    http://vimeo.com/help/guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peeesfour View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with improving technolovy for a better end user experience.

Its inevitable that mainstream online video uploads will not have a mainstream fps cap of 30 forever.
    No, there isn't. But at the same time you have to understand that the increased bandwidth requirement and the development costs incurred by allowing higher framerates in videos is relatively high. Their video player isn't designed to play 60 FPS videos, and while i'm not sure if this would require a whole new player to be designed, it would certainly require some sort of downscaling for people who don't have the bandwidth to play a 60 FPS video. IE: a selection for 30 vs 60 FPS, which would scale down 60 FPS videos down to 30 FPS.

On the increased bandwidth side, it would literally double bandwidth usage by anyone streaming at 60 FPS, and their network may not be able to handle..god knows how many viewers that are streaming on a daily basis...streaming at say...720 or 1080p @ 60 FPS. or even 360P @ 60 FPS. Now you're looking at a network infrastructure upgrade and...yeah. That's expensive. They may not necessarily have to upgrade their entire network, as it's google, afterall. But there are still incurred costs with bandwidth increases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    No, there isn't. But at the same time you have to understand that the increased bandwidth requirement and the development costs incurred by allowing higher framerates in videos is relatively high. Their video player isn't designed to play 60 FPS videos, and while i'm not sure if this would require a whole new player to be designed, it would certainly require some sort of downscaling for people who don't have the bandwidth to play a 60 FPS video. IE: a selection for 30 vs 60 FPS, which would scale down 60 FPS videos down to 30 FPS.

On the increased bandwidth side, it would literally double bandwidth usage by anyone streaming at 60 FPS, and their network may not be able to handle..god knows how many viewers that are streaming on a daily basis...streaming at say...720 or 1080p @ 60 FPS. or even 360P @ 60 FPS. Now you're looking at a network infrastructure upgrade and...yeah. That's expensive. They may not necessarily have to upgrade their entire network, as it's google, afterall. But there are still incurred costs with bandwidth increases.
    You're talking to someone whos first PC had a 40mb hard drive with a green monochrome monitor and whos first Internet connection was a 14.4k fax modem.

To think that cost and bandwidth implications wont be a hurdle jumped in the near future is kinda silly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazalemma View Post
    Hello.
    I don't know if it's an actual thing or not, but...
    I upload a video on Youtube that runs at 60 fps.
    When I view that video on Youtube, it only runs at like 30 fps, if even that.
    I don't know, if that means that Youtube lowers the amount of fps on the video...
    ...or if it has to do with my computer (laptop) or some sort program or the way that Youtube deals with videos.
    Just wondering: does Youtube actually lower the fps of a video?

- Thanks -
    As has been said before now, YouTube indeed limits to 30 FPS. A quick way to actually confirm this yourself is by right clicking a video and checking "show video info", but that aside. There is no reason to upload a video with a higher FPS to YouTube, it will be compressed to 30 FPS.

So if you are recording a video clip, render it down to 30 FPS. I personally record in 60 FPS for higher video quality (not to mention better playing experience) and as my editing software of choice is Sony Vegas Pro, I can easily edit this down to 30 FPS for solid quality (Make sure to set full-resolution render quality to "preview" and not "best" if you are using Sony Vegas Pro though, there will be blur otherwise).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    So if you are recording a video clip, render it down to 30 FPS. I personally record in 60 FPS for higher video quality (not to mention better playing experience) and as my editing software of choice is Sony Vegas Pro, I can easily edit this down to 30 FPS for solid quality (Make sure to set full-resolution render quality to "preview" and not "best" if you are using Sony Vegas Pro though, there will be blur otherwise).
    How does having a higher framerate improve video quality? The end result is still limited to 30 either way.

Also, it's perfectly possible to record at 30fps and still enjoy the game at 60. And if you are using Vegas, I'd advise you to turn of resample (as well as smart and forced resample).