Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Separate question, we are attempting heroic horridon on my alt run this week and I am wondering if there are any tricks to keeping the fixating dino at a distance in the final phase. My main is a DK so its trivial for me there; is ret dependent upon targeting the add with judgment/exo or is there some passive way to keep it at range? Or do you just end up strafing around/through the boss to maintain distance?
    Any ranged attack works to keep it away, like Reckoning, and Judgment. We don't have a spammable ranged skill, but we do have ways to keep it away.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  2. #22
    Ret can do perfectly fine on adds if they are clumped together, for our very first kill on horridon, I went HA and glyphed exo, and went to town on the adds.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0x...?s=1694&e=2429

    Was it ideal for me to do adds, not at all, but we certainly can do great dps on adds, provided they are clumped together.

    1st gate - turn on wings/HA/guardian and blow up the sand trolls.
    2nd gate - wings/HA burn the priests/spawned venom adds.
    3rd gate - we grouped the warlords together and just aoed everything on top of them
    4th gate - single target bear, single target shaman,

    As for keeping your dino away, i made macro to focus judge, and just focused the dino add

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    So i've just started ignoring the Guildlead and started single nuking the dinos to 50% and big adds then small adds.. they are dying faster which i expected from the start... were still barely getting to last phase , seems every time we do we eat a dire call then 1 second later the one the war god dies an it kills all but 1 or 2 of our healers and most the dps so thats the issuse atm i guess.. i still dont think we got the dps to do this ... we did get jalak down with 2:30 on enrage with horridon at 1.5 bil hp left....roughly 75% ish... im the melee dps officer so i got my guys doing as im doing now..

    but the problem is people are not switching to my skull target to burn it asap.. too many ppl wanting to aoe an top meters. and screaming at them seems to have no effect.. theres an issue when i set skull then 10 seconds later theres only 7 dps targeting it. ...sigh we will get it sooner or later

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    but the problem is people are not switching to my skull target to burn it asap.. too many ppl wanting to aoe an top meters. and screaming at them seems to have no effect.. theres an issue when i set skull then 10 seconds later theres only 7 dps targeting it. ...sigh we will get it sooner or later
    This may sound a bit harsh, but if you are the raid leader, start making them sit. I don't know if you have many backups but if they won't switch to your target, even after yelling at them, and their primary goal is to top meters (rather than do what it takes to make the raid successful), replace them. If you don't have the backups, cancel the raid and recruit a new dps. They will learn quickly.

    You can also take your guild lead aside off-raid hours and say this is what needs to be done.

  5. #25
    I'd just like to mention that you really need to only compare dps on logs for the same time frame (like up until a certain door). Comparing your dps to dps in logs that killed the boss is near pointless because at the end the boss is taking 200% more damage so your dps goes up dramatically.

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    This may sound a bit harsh, but if you are the raid leader, start making them sit. I don't know if you have many backups but if they won't switch to your target, even after yelling at them, and their primary goal is to top meters (rather than do what it takes to make the raid successful), replace them. If you don't have the backups, cancel the raid and recruit a new dps. They will learn quickly.

    You can also take your guild lead aside off-raid hours and say this is what needs to be done.

    yeah im not the raid leader.. and believe me i would sit people if we didnt have attendance issues... we run about 30 ppl on our roster and are always recruiting.. but it can be hard to find the cream of the crop esp on a server like mine.. sure it may be one of the biggest there is.. but that also means theres ALOT of competition..
    we did end up sitting people during lei shen progression and it seemed to work.. just the past few weeks theres been attendance problems so we havent been able to sit lol...

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  7. #27
    A better way to compare logs is to go the analyze -> damage done tab, and in the expression box at the bottom, type in "targetName != "Horridon"", which will just simply show you all damage done to adds only.

    For what it's worth, our mainspec ret was 4th (25m) on the add meter, below tank, ele shaman, and hunter.

    Another helpful filter is "targetIcon = ICON_SKULL" to see how much damage people did on the skulled target throughout the encounter. World of logs is a wonderful tool.

  8. #28
    Anyone saying ret is bad at AoE needs to learn to play. Heroic horridon as ret entails the following:

    open with full CDs + pot on Horridon
    focus large add from first phase, you have three AoE skills to use and you should use them all intelligently on this phase.
    Back on boss during transition
    Kill big add, help cleanse in P2, back on boss if there are less than 5 adds close enough to be effectivley AoE'd.
    Back on boss, AW on CD
    Kill big add.
    GoAK, AW & trinket should now be off cool-down, and the boss should just be getting 4 stacks. if your Spark of the Zandalar is within 15 seconds of getting 10 stacks, wait, otherwise turn to the boss and stay on him until War-god drops.
    Ensure you have the Glyphed TV and use TV before every Dire Call.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    Anyone saying ret is bad at AoE needs to learn to play. Heroic horridon as ret entails the following:

    open with full CDs + pot on Horridon
    focus large add from first phase, you have three AoE skills to use and you should use them all intelligently on this phase.
    Back on boss during transition
    Kill big add, help cleanse in P2, back on boss if there are less than 5 adds close enough to be effectivley AoE'd.
    Back on boss, AW on CD
    Kill big add.
    GoAK, AW & trinket should now be off cool-down, and the boss should just be getting 4 stacks. if your Spark of the Zandalar is within 15 seconds of getting 10 stacks, wait, otherwise turn to the boss and stay on him until War-god drops.
    Ensure you have the Glyphed TV and use TV before every Dire Call.
    First of all, if you're AoEing on Horridon as ret during progress and you're not killing it YOU need to L2P. Ret aoe is wicked strong when there's 4+ targets inside a 8yard aoe, spread out more than that and ret aoe is tragic. Warlocks, Shadowpriests, Moonkins, DKs and other dot heavy specs are FAR, FAR better for dealing with the minor adds on horridon and rets (or anyone weak at multi targets should go for the Dinomancer and then the big adds.

    If you go out of your way to aoe small adds you're doing LESS damage on the important shit, that means you're making kills harder AND slower. What number you see next to your name at the end of the fight doesn't mean shit, you're assigned to something. Top that meter or compete to top it with others assigned to that job, anything else is fucking worthless (or close to it)
    What's better, getting dinomancer and big adds down quickly and get 4 sets of small adds or being a fucking moron cheesing with aoe and getting 5+ sets of small adds?
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •