Lost windows 7 disc. Anyone know where I can download the ISO?

So I lost my windows 7 disc, I heard around that you can download some thing called an ISO file and you'll have to burn the image to a DvD disc for it to work

Now I am wondering does anyone know where I can find it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a pretty substantial list of Windows 7 ISO's. Now before anyone claims this is piracy, it is not piracy. They are legal to download and use at your disposal.

Digital River are the official distributor for when someone buys a digital copy of Windows.
    They have the ISO files for download, but are accessible by anyone.
    They still require a valid license key to continue using them beyond the trial period.

An article here gives the links for various versions.

http://www.mytechguide.org/10042/win...iver-download/

Edit: Saithes above has a link with a far better list, still the same source.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-06 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Here's a pretty substantial list of Windows 7 ISO's. Now before anyone claims this is piracy, it is not piracy. They are legal to download and use at your disposal.
    Of course it isn't piracy, Windows has a 30 Day trial period. So by regulation downloading a normal unaltered version of windows 7 is not piracy, even using it would be simply a trial, legal activation is up to the user.

Deleted
    I converted an usb stick myself and used that as a boot device to instal a new windows. It's pretty easy, I normally don't say "go google it yourself" but theres shitloads of websites with tutorials for what you want so.

In future, make back up copies of such disks. You're allowed to burn them for personal use or backups, just not for sale or distribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Of course it isn't piracy, Windows has a 30 Day trial period. So by regulation downloading a normal unaltered version of windows 7 is not piracy, even using it would be simply a trial, legal activation is up to the user.
    That's why I said it wasn't piracy but there are people who would think it is piracy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 06:58 PM ----------

On topic though, here's some nice utilities to put the Installer onto a flash drive.

Win-to-Flash

Win 7 USB/DVD Tool

Use this tutorial instead easy & fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJwiILbsdo

CMD > tools, always.

Deleted
    Sometimes using an automated tool is as fast or faster then watching a video and remembering what to type/do.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Sometimes using an automated tool is as fast or faster then watching a video and remembering what to type/do.
    Exactly why type out mundaine commands and such more than once or ever if someone else already did it and has setup automation? Thats like I like to drive fast cars but only if I built by hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Thats like I like to drive fast cars but only if I built by hand.
    I see it the other way around, why buy a sports car if you get an automatic, be a man and drive a stick

also, knowing the commands is great for that one time you need to make a USB installer and you don't have internet to download an automated tool (trust me, there will always be that one time)