Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really like the idea of holy shock letting us cast the next spell on the move

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    I really like the idea of holy shock letting us cast the next spell on the move
    Why? Its a horrible set bonus.
    Most of them time after casting Holy Shock the following spell is either instant(3 HP reached) or at the very least has a cast time under 0.8 seconds making moving with it a moot point.

Having such a bonus usually means one of the following

->no output increase
    ->no additional holy power generated
    ->no mana saved
    ->no w/e procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Most of them time after casting Holy Shock the following spell is either instant(3 HP reached) or at the very least has a cast time under 0.8 seconds making moving with it a moot point.

->no output increase
    ->no mana saved
    ->no w/e procs
    Sounds like the sort of proc blizzard will be looking to give us, based on the 5.3 love we got.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post

->no output increase
    ->no mana saved
    ->no w/e procs
    I see your point. Mind you - I havn't really played a holydin at a 'competetive' level for more than a few weeks (just as 5.2 came out and for the first 3-4 resets), the thought of some extra casts on the move just seemed nice.

How about adding FoL back to infusion of light, or perhaps make hopo finishers work as if they had an extra holypower (still requires you to minimum have 1 hopo, but could work as up to 4) That would sort of give us faster hopo generation, without lowering the hs cd - and without being a direct/lesser copy of DP?
    Perhaps a proc that lets our next spell provide 100% illuminated healing or allow a succesful cleanse to grant hopo?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 Set: Your Holy Shock Critical's have a 60% chance to grant an extra charge of Holy Power
    4 Set: Whenever you use Word of Glory or Light of Dawn that consumes 3 charges of Holy Power, the cd of Avenging Wrath is reduced by 2 second's.

Deleted
    2p: While GotAK is active you are able to cast while moving.

4p: Devotion Aura now provides Physical Damage reduction in addition to its current effect.

I'd like something like this tbh. Nothing to OP but decent quality of life changes. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytheo View Post
    2p: While GotAK is active you are able to cast while moving.

4p: Devotion Aura now provides Physical Damage reduction in addition to its current effect.

I'd like something like this tbh. Nothing to OP but decent quality of life changes. Thoughts?
    So we can cast on the move for like 10-20 seconds on a 5minute cooldown.....No.

And the 2nd one should be baseline, not a set bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post

for up to 10-20 seconds though, 5 charges and all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    for up to 10-20 seconds though, 5 charges and all
    And? My point was it would be a horrible set bonus.

Deleted

Would be too op if devotion aura mitigated both phys and magic dmg. Too op to be baseline that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Would be too op if devotion aura mitigated both phys and magic dmg. Too op to be baseline that is.

I don't think it would be. Other classes have it better with positioning requirements. What it is now is too weak.

Deleted
    I don't think it would be. Other classes have it better with positioning requirements. What it is now is too weak.
    I don't agree that it is too weak. Gotta remember that all specs get it, not just holy, and they're equally strong amongst specs, no matter what gear you have.

Anyways, I like the movement while casting idea ppl posted. Not with holy light necesarilly but maybe with flash of light or divine light. Would have to be a proc though and not up all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-06-09 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I don't agree that it is too weak. Gotta remember that all specs get it, not just holy, and they're equally strong amongst specs, no matter what gear you have.

Anyways, I like the movement while casting idea ppl posted. Not with holy light necesarilly but maybe with flash of light or divine light. Would have to be a proc though and not up all the time.
    I never said all specs should get the change. This is offtopic and should stay in the other thread though. I just would rather have a fun set bonus not something like the suggested change to Devo.

I also really don't think we need a casting on the move set bonus, especially not one that is limited to our single target heals.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-06-09 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    I never said all specs should get the change. This is offtopic and should stay in the other thread though. I just would rather have a fun set bonus not something like that.
    Totally agree on fun set bonuses. But I have a feeling that anything will be better than what we currently have :P

Deleted
    2P: After using Hand of Protection on tank you receive 10 gold in your mailbox.
    4P: You no longer have mouse cursor in game.

Deleted
    I'm actually scared at the amount of being able to cast while moving desires(and 5 mins cd 15 seconds one is really icying the cake)

Given Speed of Light/ Infusion 0.8 sec cast procs and proper positioning, I don't see short movement as that much of an issue. And if an encounter needs excessive movement, just bench Paladins and use Druids and Monks instead.

Edit: And @ Devotion Aura and physical damage. Even if Devotion Aura would counter physical damage it would still be the worst of all the healing cooldowns by miles.

The only way Devotion is a valuable cooldown is damage burst with potential to kill your raid(25m Dire Call,475k Heroic Interrupting Jolt prenerf and the very first Unleashed Vita). Neither of those actually kill nowadays.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2013-06-09 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    I still think we need something extra whilst on the move, GotAK is a nice ability but I think it needs something extra tagged onto it. I also think they should increase the range on Devotion Aura as a baseline. On some heroic encounters trying to get into a position where it hit's everyone is a nightmare.

OT:

2p: While under the effect of Avenging Wrath your single target heals also heal the most injured target for 50% of the amount healed.
    4p: Holy Radiance has a 50% chance to generate 1 additional holy power

GotAK should be a 3 min cooldown baseline for Holy. It's weak as it is. If it was 3 minutes I wouldn't mind being able to cast while moving while it was active. For a fight like Blade Lord it would be pretty strong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    2p: Judgment gives 1 Holy Power
    4p: Beacon of Light healing now triggers Illuminated Healing
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    I think these could be interchangeable in which is 2p or 4p:

A) Increase duration of Holy Avenger by 12 seconds.
    B) Healing your Beacon of Light Target also 50% of the healing done to X (amount to be determined) nearby party members (range to be determined).