Thread: PvE in GW2

PvE in GW2

I'm trying to figure out what kind of PvE there is in GW2. I know you got thousands of events around the world, but is there also instanced content? how do you do that? is it worth it during leveling? should I get a guild for it? is there a guild finder? and what is this I hear about "Fractals"?

• There are 8 dungeons offering 33 paths, Fractals, an unknown amount of mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles and Guild Missions.
    • 5 people party up and 1 person walks into a dungeon. The others will get a popup when they enter the zone to join the party in the dungeon.
    • Someone in the group has to have completed the Story mode of the dungeon before the group can open the Explorable paths.
    • gw2lfg.com is your friend until they put a LFG in the game.
    • Good exp while leveling but they are hard.
    • First story mode is avail at lvl 30.
    • You will get an ingame mail when you are high enough level for each dungeon.
    • Yes, join a guild. You cannot do Guild Missions without a guild.
    • No guild finder. Map chat, friends, forums, etc.
    • Fractals are an ever escalating difficulty series of dungeons. 3 Fractals make up a fractal level, with a bonus boss on the even numbered fractals.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-06-06 at 12:09 PM.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    • Yes, join a guild. You cannot do Guild Missions without a guild.
    not true, you can still participate, but you are restricted in things to do and rewards. For example I joined a guild rush from an other guild where I was transformed into a crab and had to survive a parcours to the end. If I'd made it, it would have contributed to the guilds score in this mission. I only get normal event-rewards, not the guild mission reward the guild gets.

First I thought you can only help the guild by giving the players from the guild some boons like swiftness, but I was surprised that I could do the race as well.

That is correct, my bad.

You can participate in a guild's Guild Mission - but only on an auxiliary level (tagging along with a guild if the event is in your area). But it's nothing like the concerted coordinated event happening within the guild like a world wide hunt for 6 bounty targets.

And of course you don't get the Guild Commendation tokens or the 2 rares + chance at exotic/precursor rewards.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy