Thread: PvE in GW2

PvE in GW2

I'm trying to figure out what kind of PvE there is in GW2. I know you got thousands of events around the world, but is there also instanced content? how do you do that? is it worth it during leveling? should I get a guild for it? is there a guild finder? and what is this I hear about "Fractals"?
    Taking a break until the next REAL content appears.
    DAMN YOU WOW TOKEN! (weird thing is: I didn't even buy a token. I bought for 6 months at once using cold hard cash, weirdly enough...

• There are 8 dungeons offering 33 paths, Fractals, an unknown amount of mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles and Guild Missions.
    • 5 people party up and 1 person walks into a dungeon. The others will get a popup when they enter the zone to join the party in the dungeon.
    • Someone in the group has to have completed the Story mode of the dungeon before the group can open the Explorable paths.
    • gw2lfg.com is your friend until they put a LFG in the game.
    • Good exp while leveling but they are hard.
    • First story mode is avail at lvl 30.
    • You will get an ingame mail when you are high enough level for each dungeon.
    • Yes, join a guild. You cannot do Guild Missions without a guild.
    • No guild finder. Map chat, friends, forums, etc.
    • Fractals are an ever escalating difficulty series of dungeons. 3 Fractals make up a fractal level, with a bonus boss on the even numbered fractals.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-06-06 at 12:09 PM.
    Ooo, I'm a monster. Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies. - Tyrion Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    • Yes, join a guild. You cannot do Guild Missions without a guild.
    not true, you can still participate, but you are restricted in things to do and rewards. For example I joined a guild rush from an other guild where I was transformed into a crab and had to survive a parcours to the end. If I'd made it, it would have contributed to the guilds score in this mission. I only get normal event-rewards, not the guild mission reward the guild gets.

First I thought you can only help the guild by giving the players from the guild some boons like swiftness, but I was surprised that I could do the race as well.

That is correct, my bad.

You can participate in a guild's Guild Mission - but only on an auxiliary level (tagging along with a guild if the event is in your area). But it's nothing like the concerted coordinated event happening within the guild like a world wide hunt for 6 bounty targets.

And of course you don't get the Guild Commendation tokens or the 2 rares + chance at exotic/precursor rewards.
    Ooo, I'm a monster. Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies. - Tyrion Lannister