Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Council of elders: How could this be?

How could you make so many (critical) agony ticks in 5:44 min? That means every 0,7 sec one critical tick on every mob ??? He got only 5 times the perfect aim buff?! WTF

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3180&e=3524

He got only 5 times the perfect aim buff :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3180&e=3524

Is there something buggy or is it possible to let the crit buff roll on the agony dot?
    Last edited by mmoce53620b473; 2013-06-06 at 10:20 AM.

He used the soul swap bug. Soul Swap refreshd the time and kept the original modifiers of the dot. Its fixe now thou.

Deleted
    Log is from yesterday.

I believe agony still holds it old power after swapping

Deleted
    OK thx,
    but how could this be :

Kazra'jin 27668150 30.5 % 23 14008.9 322204 463 59062.5 27345946 0
    Frost King Malakk 25771005 28.4 % 51 17133.2 873791 408 61022.6 24897214 0
    High Priestess Mar'li 23862447 26.3 % 72 22788.7 1640786 381 58324.6 22221661 0
    Sul the Sandcrawler 13512146 14.9 % 31 20300.2 629306 212 60768.1 12882840 0

463 crit ticks on Kazra in 5:44 min. That mean every 0,74 sec one crit tick. What is the reason of this huge amount of ticks?

and there are a lot of ticks on the other mobs too. I dont understand this...

Deleted
    Bloodlust + Meta + Berserking + Dark soul = insane tick speed for rest of the fight

Another think i want to point out, what is you ilvl and you gear setup? Compared to Xhubus. With that gear it is possible to that amount of damage if you master affil pretty good , I don´t say that i can do it with my 528 gear, but if i had his gear. Dunno maybe i can.

Only the person that stands in the water, know how deep and cold the water is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Bloodlust + Meta + Berserking + Dark soul = insane tick speed for rest of the fight
    ???
    If you set your debuffs in that time, they will tick fast for sure. But only in that period. And when your debuffs ran out you had to put them again on the target.So how is it possible that in a fight that takes 5:44 min agony ticks 463 crit and 23 normal on oen of the 4 mobs? BTW Agony ticks 408 times crit and 51 times normal on frostking. I thing there is something buggy. Seems he used Soulswap with Soulburn 34 times. Please can someone explain how its possible to do so much dmg with agony

Dots snapshot on cast= the stats you have when they are cast remain for the full duration, if you refresh a dot by casting a new one ontop of the old one, the highest stats version remains for the new duration. Only if you let it expire, you will get a new stats snapshot when you cast a new dot. Overwriting a low stat dot with a higher stats dot of the same type, converts the dots power to the new highest stat version. Atleased that is the explaination i got from a lock friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Dots snapshot on cast= the stats you have when they are cast remain for the full duration, if you refresh a dot by casting a new one ontop of the old one, the highest stats version remains for the new duration. .
    I thing that is wrong. If you overwrite an ticking powerful dot when you have no proccs, the dot will tick from that point on with less power then before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorinx View Post
    I thing that is wrong. If you overwrite an ticking powerful dot when you have no proccs, the dot will tick from that point on with less power then before.
    yeah of course otherwise you'd wait until you have as many buffs as possible and just keep rolling those dots all fight.

???
    If you set your debuffs in that time, they will tick fast for sure. But only in that period. And when your debuffs ran out you had to put them again on the target.So how is it possible that in a fight that takes 5:44 min agony ticks 463 crit and 23 normal on oen of the 4 mobs? BTW Agony ticks 408 times crit and 51 times normal on frostking. I thing there is something buggy. Seems he used Soulswap with Soulburn 34 times. Please can someone explain how its possible to do so much dmg with agony
    There is an ability warlocks have called Soul Swap. This is something they use to apply dots with Soulburn normally, but its secondary effect is that it takes dots from one target and reapplies them to another (or glyphed, acts as copy/paste with a CD). When dots are reapplied with normal Soul Swap, they ALL used to retain power but their duration was refreshed. They fixed this in respect to Corruption and Unstable Affliction now, but Agony remains bugged. When you use GLYPHED soul swap, you can have your absurdly strong, fast, insta-crit Agony on every target forever.

Yes this is wrong. When you overwrite a dot by a new one (either cast or soul swapped) a 'new' snapshot of your stats are applied to that Dot.
    There is however one exception to this rule : Agony.

Just to fully explain the process, some time before 5.3, there was a known issue with soul swap where it was allowing you to keep your snapshot if you were doing taking your dots away + re-applying them. This was 'mostly' resolved as a new snapshot is taken during the soul swap phase for all dots BUT Agony.
    If you access the logs mentionned above and do an expression editor request on 'Soul Swap, Soulburn, Soul Swap Exhale' you will see how he managed to keep the 100% crit agony on all bosses.

Basically:
    Early perfect aim proc, apply dots to all 4 targets, then just refresh dots duration by SS -> SS rotation on all four targets. All Dots stats (but agony) gets recalculated. Thus he is keeping a perfect aimed + full trinkets + full CD + BL agony on all four bosses during the whole fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    When you use GLYPHED soul swap, you can have your absurdly strong, fast, insta-crit Agony on every target forever.
    But SS with glyph is useable every 30 ? sec. So how is it possible to put the megastrong dots over the full duration of the fight on 4 mobs???

But SS with glyph is useable every 30 ? sec. So how is it possible to put the megastrong dots over the full duration of the fight on 4 mobs???
    Don't glyph SS this is useless for this 'trick'.
    *perfect aim proc*
    SB SS > Boss1 *perfect agony*
    SB SS > Boss2 *perfect agony*
    SB SS > Boss3 *perfect agony*
    SB SS > Boss4 *perfect agony*
    [...]
    then he can keep 3 out of 4 perfect dots.
    Boss1 > SS > Boss2 *perfect agony*
    Boss3 > SS > Boss1 *perfect agony*
    Boss4 > SS > Boss3 *perfect agony*
    SB SS > Boss4
    [...]
    Boss1 > SS > Boss4 *perfect agony*
    Boss2 > SS > Boss1 *perfect agony*
    Boss3 > SS > Boss2 *perfect agony*
    SB SS > Boss3

Between each refresh he just cast haunt / MG on a perfect target.

Dot snapshot still works with agony, before it worked with ALL dots.

Does it worth it to do all this just for perfect agony?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Does it worth it to do all this just for perfect agony?
    He did 460k dps. Don't know how much you do, but I think this makes it worth it.

And i guess your raid lead will totally love you. No dmg on spirits or marli active adds, lifetap every 10 seconds. Dmg split, maybe not even dots on the mob that has to be killed while doing the ss cycle. Plus a clunky playstyle.

Then better be demo, doing 300-350k with normal/bad proccs and over 400k with lucky proccs. It really doesnt matter on farm of course, but i hope they fix agony too. Doesnt want to be forced doing that if its too op on some t16 progress bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    He did 460k dps. Don't know how much you do, but I think this makes it worth it.
    Yes ofc. But it is not clear whether it is before or after the SS fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    And i guess your raid lead will totally love you. No dmg on spirits or marli active adds, lifetap every 10 seconds. Dmg split, maybe not even dots on the mob that has to be killed while doing the ss cycle. Plus a clunky playstyle.

Then better be demo, doing 300-350k with normal/bad proccs and over 400k with lucky proccs. It really doesnt matter on farm of course, but i hope they fix agony too. Doesnt want to be forced doing that if its too op on some t16 progress bosses.
    350k with bad procs? what are you smoking? Last time I checked the highest log was 360k. I had bad procs yesterday and got something like 260k on council. WIth good procs I would expect to hit the 360k-380k Area.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).