Deleted

Affliction Warlock - Haste issues.

Alright.

So recently i respecced affliction and have been trying to read up on which stats i should put my focus on and what not.
    I've checked up the thread Evrelia made, and read about those 3 important haste caps which were 6637, 9778 and 13737, and after reaching these mastery would be the best thing to obtain.

I've however also read on some other forum posts that stacking haste as much as you possibly could would also be viable and that this would obtain the biggest DPS outcome for an affliction Warlock.

So now i'm wondering what's right here. Should i stick to one of the 3 above mentioned Haste Breakpoints and start getting mastery or should i just keep stacking it beyond the breakpoints?

Currently i'm at 9801 haste rating (24.29%) and i'd also like to know if i should start focussing on more haste gearwise to see if i could get to the 13737 cap? (as i can't really reforge my gear into my haste, yet i still have some gem opportunities however)
    Or is the diffrence between those 2 breakpoints not that important?

Id suggest getting 13737 then going mastery as the next tier of dots are about 3k more haste for multi target fights or hitting 12,439 cap single target fights and putting the rest into mastery. However, if you are unable to reach the 13737 cap, stick with the 9,778 cap and put the rest into mastery. Currently as Jewelcrafter/engineer with a 532 IL I am able to make 13737 with 80 extra haste. Additionally, here is an article that might solve your question as mostly haste and mastery are = to each other within a .3% difference.
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=92-Haste vs mastery discussion and theory with a graph for source info

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44-Sheet for breakpoints

Well iam not in same situation but allmost same, because i want to be hypro between affil/demo, so i dont have to reforge all the time. And as you can see on my Thread: Affil/demo reforge problem Hel, some of the warlocks comes with a solution to go a mid way, and it also depends on you gear and trinket. But i will try the replay out from my thread. When i get come from work.

Deleted
    actually, sparkuggz mentioned in his affliction guide that the 13778 breakpoint is not really worth it coz we dont really get that much out of our corruption anymore, you only really need the 13178 break point for the extra agony tick, ofc if you happen to get to the 13778 one by chance or if you cant reforge below it then by all means go for it, it gives you an extra chance to proc nightfall within its duration. a lot of afflocks are stacking haste to increase their procrate on their rppm trinkets but that isnt really a viable way to go as it is very little you get out of it, like increase your rppm by 0,01 to 0,02 depending on trinket, id suggest you go with the 9778 haste break point and then the rest into mastery.

Deleted
    The difference is really very small as long as you stay over 13178 haste.

For me personally I sim higher with pure haste stacking (almost 17k), and I prefer this style because I think with more procs from trinkets and legendary meta, there is more opportunity to get the most out of dot snapshotting.

As long as you are over the 13178, the difference will be less than 0.5% between putting the rest in haste vs mastery.

Pure single target afflic wants haste over mastery... ignoring breakpoints. Breakpoints only really matter on multidot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post

As long as you are over the 13178, the difference will be less than 0.5% between putting the rest in haste vs mastery.
    So should i count in the 5% raid buff while considering my haste? (Assuming 1% is 425)
    Or should i make sure my rating is above 13178?