Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Get a crew cut and start smoking a pipe. Don't get a perm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Would be the most prominent example of what I would aim for. Sorta curly/wavy hair and I thought that with my natural straight hair I would get out something that looks similar given I let it grow for some time first.
    A perm is not going to make your hair look like that, homes. A perm is going to make you look more like Weird Al.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Totally a matter of one's own taste.
    you mean lack of taste I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    With short hair you should try to condition your hair into waves. Which is done with a little bit of "Sportin Waves Pomade", if you can't find any of that try to get something like that. Before people start flaming, no it doesn't only work on African American hair I've seen four of my white friends get waves then grow out curly hair. Okay, what you do with the Pomade is put a little bit on your finger tips and rub it into your scalp in a circle motion. The next tip is a must "brush,brush,brush,brush!" Wash your hair with a root lifting shampoo. Half the conditioner make sure you do that. Sleep with a dorag or a scarf on. Once your hair starts to grow out from the waves it should be a curler then what you started with. After that you should start pin curling your hair up after a shower and before bed. To give it that fresh curl look that Kit Harington has make sure to use a little of pomade on your hair after you shampoo.

When you curl your own hair your curls may not turn out how you want it. DO NOT PERM! Perms give you stiff locks. If you want free flowing sexy curls never use perm. Don't wash your hair as much as you would with straight hair, two to three times a week is good enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And curling your hair should not be one of them.
    It's less risky than trying cocaine. The worst that can happen is to be to be recited in a story among hairdressers, "Hey, once there was a young man who went to me to get a permacurl!".

I got curls.I dont like them.Dont get curls.

I hate my curly hair, people even tell me straight hair suits me better than my natural hair style :/

My suggestion:

Let your hair grow a bit, and come back in about 3-6 months. Then ask again.

curling your hair is the same as curling a women's hair. I used to straighten my hair because it's naturally wavy and I hate it when it's long... ended up cutting it all off but had to down to past my shoulder.. I was not thinking straight at that time of my life apparently. Anyway, you just grab a curling iron and curl it... short hair can be curled using heavy glue on your hair that is water soluble. mix it in dry, then gently re-wet the hair and it will slowly curl out because of the glue... they have specific glues on the market for that stuff... drop into a beauty shop supply store and they should have the right one for you. Do what makes you feel comfortable. My hair is a big point of contention for me and from my experience if it doesn't feel right then I'm uncomfortable... if you want curly hair get it and don't look back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I don't think you can get a perm with short hair. It needs to have a certain minimum length before you can roll it up in those cylindrical thingies. And if it's only "barely long enough", but not really long, it's gonna look like a wig (like this). After a few weeks the curls will weaken and it might look good and "natural" but IMO the first few weeks you are going to look ridiculous
    All that picture lacked was some clown make up and a red nose

If your a guy and don't have a natural wave or curl to your hair your going to look like a douche by faking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    If your a guy and don't have a natural wave or curl to your hair your going to look like a douche by faking it.
    Thank god we don't all care that much about what others think. If you want to talk like that to me, accept the fact that a real man doesn't give a crap and does whatever he wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    A perm is not going to make your hair look like that, homes. A perm is going to make you look more like Weird Al.
    Yup, unless you find an excellent stylist who will be able to select the exact size of perm rollers to not only suit your hair & its natural tendencies & integrate that into the perm to ensure a looser softer wave instead of a tight curl ~ that will end up looking like that Justin Timberlake pic if your hair is shorter or weird Al if it is longer~ and will shrink your hairs' length up into a springy crazy curl that you cannot manage.

Yeahhh, I kinda figured that out. But even men with short hair can have curly hair. My cousin has naturally curly hair and even at my length you can see it.

If I made them curly now, I guess they wouldn't keep on growing this way, but rather naturally straight, or?

The shape of your cousin's hair follicles are different than yours & so his hair shows as curly or curled even when it's very short. For your straight hair~ which I'd kill for :P ~ you can't curl it if you can't roll it around a curling iron/hot rollers/perm rods/perm rollers. It just isn't long enough.

And no, a perm will not forever change the shape of your hair, it won't even touch your follicles, just the hair you have. New growth will grow in straight as ever & will be obvious against the curled permed hair until the perm 'falls out' or starts to loose its curl. You'll have to keep it up, just as somebody who colors their hair has to touch up thew roots with color, you'll have to eventually re-perm so your hair isn't half straight half permed curls/waves. And be cautious b/c perm after perm WILL eventually damage your hair, dry it out & fry it up.

You'll have to do MUCH more upkeep than you're probably used to. Be prepared, ask a few different salons & hairdressers & do your research. Also, shoulder length is not necessary at all for the pic you showed. Maybe from your crown grown to your cheeks/ears length & from the sides & back to about chin length for that style you linked.

Ask for a loose wave & bring that pic. A perm is generally thought of as Weird Al style, so be clear what you expect. Good luck & have fun preening & working longer on your hair than you ever dreamed you'd have to.

Guys with curly hair(when done right) can be super hot. I would suggest a perm, just make sure it's what you want, since perms last an awfully long time. If you don't like it you an always cut it off though.

I think Kit Harrington's hair would be the closest I am aiming for. I am well aware that I would have to let it grow for quite some time, but I have no intention of going to the barber any time soon.

I mean, a perm only makes it curly. How you style it is up to you, or not?!
    Do it, OP. We need more men with hair like Kit Harrington's, it's the kind that just makes you want to touch it.

God I sound like such a fangirl right now. I'm going to go punch myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    Good luck & have fun preening & working longer on your hair than you ever dreamed you'd have to.
    ^ Sadly true. If you don't have naturally perfect, curly hair, it's an absolute bitch to keep up with. Women have some products that can help make it look awesome but I'm not sure how well they would work on men(and you would smell like a woman).
    Last edited by Nillah; 2013-06-07 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it has to be at least 2 inches to go around the perming rod. I don't think they have smaller rods than that. Could be wrong. Schedual a consultation at a salon.

Yeahhh, I kinda figured that out. But even men with short hair can have curly hair. My cousin has naturally curly hair and even at my length you can see it.

If I made them curly now, I guess they wouldn't keep on growing this way, but rather naturally straight, or?
    natural curls can curl at any length, false ones are hard to do while keeping them looking semi decent.

and no if your hair grows in straight it'll always grow in straight. and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Forget about curly hair. Grow a beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my curly hair to be straight. DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Forget about curly hair. Grow a beard.
    Already in the process of doing so :P

To the others, thanks a lot. Way more useful stuff than on Google. I'll go and talk to a good stylist.

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a bob wigs and it is perfect.