Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Just got back from a 6 month break, reincarnated as a frost mage this time.
    I'm getting enchant on my weapon as soon as I've done LFR, and I just noticed that +160int would be a better gem for my boots.
    Is there anything else I've missed?

    Armory is in my signature.

  2. #22
    What would be the current BiS for frostmages?
    Not that I can obtain every piece, just would like to see where I'm heading towards.

  3. #23
    I am having trouble deciding how to gem my Mage. I have tons of gear with Hit on it and I can't reforge enough of it away. For Yellow slots I have been gemming +320 Haste instead of 80 INT and 160 Haste. I recently had all Mastery gems when I was trying Arcane. I like Frost better and do better DPS as Frost so I want to optimize myself for that spec. My reforge scheme is Haste > Mastery > Crit. Since my gear gives me a lot of Hit and Mastery, Arcane is the logical second spec choice.

    I am not sure what to do with the Blue gem slots. I haven't changed the green gems out from my Arcane build yet so they're currently Hit/Mastery. I am not getting the socket bonus on my chest piece right now. I am getting 640 Haste and giving up a +120 INT bonus. I don't really want to use INT and Hit gems because the 320 Hit would be wasted as it puts me even further over the cap. So if I were going for the socket bonus I'd be tempted to use the Timeless Wild Jade gem (INT/Stamina) since the extra HP is worth more than the Hit. Forceful Wild Jade (Haste/Stamina) is also attractive.

    Basically, what are others' thoughts on INT/Stamina or Haste/Stamina gems? Mismatching colors and missing socket bonuses bothers me enough to give up a small edge that Simcraft might give the +320 Haste gems.

    As an aside to all of this, I could break my 2pc bonus and use the 522 Flamecaster's Burning Crown (Crit/Haste). That would solve some of my Hit issue as well as giving a nice INT boost. Is the 2pc Tier bonus strong enough to keep or is that something that only Simcraft can tell me? I have never been able to become proficient with Simcraft so that's why I'm trying this thread first :-/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...migel/advanced

    Thank you in advance.

  4. #24
    Hello Fellow mages.

    I need help figuring some gear choice out.

    Right now i have this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Iztickz/simple

    Tonight i got T15 hands and hopefully i will get legs tonight too,

    But i at the moment i have the T15 hands(522) and legs(502)

    Will it be a dps loss if i change my legs and hands out with the Tiers?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Just got back from a 6 month break, reincarnated as a frost mage this time.
    I'm getting enchant on my weapon as soon as I've done LFR, and I just noticed that +160int would be a better gem for my boots.
    Is there anything else I've missed?

    Armory is in my signature.
    Gemming looks good for your gear, as does reforging. When you get 2 ToT trinkets (minus UVLS), you probably want to go for haste gemming over int but that won't be for awhile.
    You should really enchant your staff though. If you don't have enough money to spare for Jade Spirit, Windsong is a great cheap alternative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    What would be the current BiS for frostmages?
    Not that I can obtain every piece, just would like to see where I'm heading towards.
    Off-set piece would be legs of Ra-Den, if you don't count Ra-Den then the chest of Ji-Kun. Trinkets are Wushoolays and BotH. Weapon/OH combo would be the dagger from DA and the offhand from Lei Shen, second best would probably be the staff from Twins (take whatever you can get, I got lucky and got Heroic TF twins staff so I'll likely keep that the rest of the tier). Can't really think of anything else that isn't entirely obvious.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    I am having trouble deciding how to gem my Mage. I have tons of gear with Hit on it and I can't reforge enough of it away. For Yellow slots I have been gemming +320 Haste instead of 80 INT and 160 Haste. I recently had all Mastery gems when I was trying Arcane. I like Frost better and do better DPS as Frost so I want to optimize myself for that spec. My reforge scheme is Haste > Mastery > Crit. Since my gear gives me a lot of Hit and Mastery, Arcane is the logical second spec choice.

    I am not sure what to do with the Blue gem slots. I haven't changed the green gems out from my Arcane build yet so they're currently Hit/Mastery. I am not getting the socket bonus on my chest piece right now. I am getting 640 Haste and giving up a +120 INT bonus. I don't really want to use INT and Hit gems because the 320 Hit would be wasted as it puts me even further over the cap. So if I were going for the socket bonus I'd be tempted to use the Timeless Wild Jade gem (INT/Stamina) since the extra HP is worth more than the Hit. Forceful Wild Jade (Haste/Stamina) is also attractive.

    Basically, what are others' thoughts on INT/Stamina or Haste/Stamina gems? Mismatching colors and missing socket bonuses bothers me enough to give up a small edge that Simcraft might give the +320 Haste gems.

    As an aside to all of this, I could break my 2pc bonus and use the 522 Flamecaster's Burning Crown (Crit/Haste). That would solve some of my Hit issue as well as giving a nice INT boost. Is the 2pc Tier bonus strong enough to keep or is that something that only Simcraft can tell me? I have never been able to become proficient with Simcraft so that's why I'm trying this thread first :-/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...migel/advanced

    Thank you in advance.
    Generally, it's better to just suck it up and go stam. It looks really, really bad but if you really can't lose any more hit, stam is more than acceptable seeing as at the very least it somewhat increases your survivability. That being said, try to get rid of hit pieces immediately when possible.
    It's probably better right now to just take the very minor hit (no pun intended...I just realized that was really awkward wording wow) and use your off piece.
    Last edited by Jaylol; 2013-06-20 at 07:46 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Off-set piece would be legs of Ra-Den, if you don't count Ra-Den then the chest of Ji-Kun. Trinkets are Wushoolays and BotH. Weapon/OH combo would be the dagger from DA and the offhand from Lei Shen, second best would probably be the staff from Twins (take whatever you can get, I got lucky and got Heroic TF twins staff so I'll likely keep that the rest of the tier). Can't really think of anything else that isn't entirely obvious

    Thank you! Ra-Den is a little out of my reach atm (3/13HC), I did obtain heroic Ji-Kun chest, so I'm using that. I also have Wushoo and BotH (10N-TF both) and got the dagger from DA. I lack the OH from Lei Shen, but have the one from Megaera. I assume bracers would be the one (if random enchant is right) from Megaera as well. What about cloak? Boots from Qon? Belt from Ji-Kun also? Rings seem to be shitty, none in ToT without crit. Having the rings from Qon and SPA one, currently.

  7. #27
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    There's no actual frost BiS list as what to do at very high ilvl's isn't something universally agreed on. Just go for gear with haste and mastery is all you really have to do.

    Until you're killing ra-den deciding what's good is pretty easy as there's usually a clear winner of the 2-3 options you have.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  8. #28
    High Overlord Ixidron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    110
    Good morning all you fine mages!

    I have a quick question. Last night, the Soulblade of the Breaking storm dropped from Jin'rohk as a Thunderforged item in normal and no-one really wanted it so I rolled on it to see if it would be worth using. That is my question.

    My armory link is here.
    As you can see, I'm currently using the Horridon wand, but I wasn't sure if the additional INT and Spellpower is worth the tradeoff for the haste I'll lose having to reforge the spirit away. I might even be too high on haste as it is as I seem to recall someone mentioning a breakpoint around the 5k mark.

    Not sure if it would be relevant, but here's a link to our raid from last night: HERE CLICKY.
    Please ignore Jin'rohk. We were not concentrating and it turns out the orb things hit hard in the water -.-

    Thanks in advance all!

  9. #29
    I would keep the current wand from Horridon. Might be different if you would get the Soulblade in TF heroic version, vs the current wand, but I would save myself the trouble and just keep what you have.

  10. #30
    High Overlord Ixidron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    I would keep the current wand from Horridon. Might be different if you would get the Soulblade in TF heroic version, vs the current wand, but I would save myself the trouble and just keep what you have.
    If I need to regem it and enchant it, that's no problem. I literally just want to know if it is a better weapon as I don't understand rawr or anything like that.
    Thanks.

  11. #31
    Quick question frost mage (ilvl 527)

    If you had a thunderforged 528 with hit + crit (worse stat priority), or a 522 with mastery haste (best stat priority). Which is better to take? thanks.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by nedla View Post
    Quick question frost mage (ilvl 527)

    If you had a thunderforged 528 with hit + crit (worse stat priority), or a 522 with mastery haste (best stat priority). Which is better to take? thanks.
    Depends on the item:
    Chest/Legs for example have more Stats then Wrist/Waist.
    So a Leg would have 100 Crit more and a Waist would only had 50 Crit more.
    Simple:
    Itemnames and maybe armory pls.
    With your Infos the answer is: Which is better Color A or Color B?

    Also the question would be: Did you have enough hit that u reforge away or do you reforge to hit because you have not enough on your basegear.
    Overall: Just post armory.

    If u cant/wont post something: Overall the TF should be better. Hit is still your primary stat and u also get a little bit Int which is Spellpower which is also really good.
    Last edited by Tomathan; 2013-06-21 at 02:02 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Depends on the item:
    Chest/Legs for example have more Stats then Wrist/Waist.
    So a Leg would have 100 Crit more and a Waist would only had 50 Crit more.
    Simple:
    Itemnames and maybe armory pls.
    With your Infos the answer is: Which is better Color A or Color B?

    Also the question would be: Did you have enough hit that u reforge away or do you reforge to hit because you have not enough on your basegear.
    Overall: Just post armory.

    If u cant/wont post something: Overall the TF should be better. Hit is still your primary stat and u also get a little bit Int which is Spellpower which is also really good.
    Thanks, alot. Was referring to chest piece so im going to stick with the TF.
    If you don't mind.

    3 PIECE 502 TIER + 1 PIECE 522 TIER GLOVES (or) (4 set bonus)
    528 TF HELM 528 TF CHEST 502 TIER LEGS 522 TIER GLOVES? (2 set bonus)

    How important is 2 piece or 4 piece for frost? Thanks.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by nedla View Post
    Thanks, alot. Was referring to chest piece so im going to stick with the TF.
    If you don't mind.

    3 PIECE 502 TIER + 1 PIECE 522 TIER GLOVES (or) (4 set bonus)
    528 TF HELM 528 TF CHEST 502 TIER LEGS 522 TIER GLOVES? (2 set bonus)

    How important is 2 piece or 4 piece for frost? Thanks.
    Bonus is good. But i think 2 TFs are better then 502er Setpieces.

  15. #35
    I just started getting some gear from LFR, as I left the game around december last year and I don't get access to raiding yet as I need at least to be over 500 ilevel. Any idea on what should I focus on, already got the 4 bonus but my weapon is still blue and no drop yet to replace it.

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mmita/advanced

  16. #36
    Well you are very very close to ilvl 500, so I'd say just focus on anything u got below 500 and use your coins there. Not sure if you have the VP for it, but you could decide to upgrade one of your 522 pieces. If you would, I would suggest either neck or ring, as you will swap out your trinket asap. Note: only use your VP for upgrades if you are absolutely sure you get to join your guilds raid team once you hit exactly 500.

    Clearly your weapon sucks, you can run every LFR there's out (with the ones that have a weapon). Personally I'd advise you to try Lei Shi (3rd@ToeS) and all 4 ToT LFR's for a weapon. Sooner or later something will drop.

    Good luck!

  17. #37
    You know yours weakest part. Weapon is the strongest slot and u really need one. Go HeroicScenarios and pray.
    I dont know if u cap the points weekly. If u do get the bracers from the shadopan.
    Rest looks fine. U just need some luck.
    Ah and before u get a weapon: I dont know if u have enough points but try to upgrade your weapon.

  18. #38
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm trying to work out just how good/bad frost's 4 piece is.

    I can either use my 510 tier helm and 530 tier chest to get 4 piece or I can use the 543 horridon helm and 543 ji-kun chest and only have 2 piece.

    I'm erring on the side of the 2x 543 pieces as it does sim higher and the frost 4 piece doesn't really seem very good.

    Figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has an opinion about what's best.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  19. #39
    2x543 >>>>510+530
    And also Ji-Kun-Chest is really really nice.
    The 4 point is as u said nice but not gamebreaking.

  20. #40
    Hey guys, Fire spec oriented decision I need help with.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raves/advanced

    I got the Dinomancer's Spiritbinding Spire. Can't decide if it is worth losing 2% crit for the spellpower gain or not when its fully upgraded. I think is just under 800 SP gain. I never have confidence in AMR to make a good determination when it comes to comparing MH/OH and 2H.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •