Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, main question is if I can switch to Fire. Was Frost but our raid cleave is pretty good so I am not too concerned about that at the moment anymore, just looking mainly for single target.

Frost is simming 50k higher than Fire at the moment, but testing on the dummies in Frost gems etc as Fire the discrepancy I don't think is that much and IIRC Frost sims were a little off at this moment in time. Either way you guys might see something I am overlooking as I am dead tired and probably over looking something:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aegas/advanced

Arcane isn't an option so ignoring that.

EDIT: And Pyroblast was hitting like a truck self buffed so that was causing me to question my sims.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2013-10-09 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    With that ilvl you can definitely switch to fire, simc is broken since ever for mages, use it only to compare dps within a spec (do not try to use it to decide which spec will perform better: fire ~ arcane >>>>>> frost). Your first priority will be to complete your 4pT16

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Get rid of UVLS as soon as you can, you might have known already but it is terrible for mages.
    Not a lot you can do with that gear at the moment but agree with the above its terrible anything is pretty much better (timeless isle probably as well), frost is most viable dps wise, few reforges below when you hit optimise but its pretty much spot on.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e..._mill/kerrigon

Presence of mind isn't really a frost talent Icy Floes/Blazing being better overall down to choice.

Glyph of Icy Veins is currently bugged and netting a loss of DPS overall compared to how it should be so probably worth unglyphing
    Glyph of Arcane explosion isn't really a good choice either since as frost your aoe is still rather strong without it

Personally glyph wise I use Spitting Ice, Water Elemental, Evocation, Mirrors as per the below

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ystra/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Is evo glyph that useful?
    Except on animus I didn't find any use to it. I mean, if I'm healing rather than dps'ing then it's either because of the mechanics of the specific encounter or something has gone wrong.
    Last edited by maizensh; 2013-10-10 at 03:05 PM.

Hey guys!

I am new to raiding on a mage first time ever playing a caster TBH. I am trying to gem and reforge as per Akraen's guide but i want to make sure I am doing it right. Should I be aiming for the haste cap of 9522 and then going all Mastery until i can reach the next haste cap? (Keep in mind I am just shy of the second haste cap of 12684). If so i think my gems and reforges are good.

Or do i continue to gem and reforge haste>Mastery? Is this is the case are my gems all wrong?

Any help or clarification would be appreciated

Armory is Saydat on Zul'jin
    Last edited by Saydat; 2013-10-10 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    So im pretty new to my mage making it difficult for me to choose one of the 3 speccs. I really enjoy every single specc so this is not problem for me, im just concerned about my dps.

Question now is what specc would you recommend me to go for with my gear for SoO normal/hc content: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Froxx/advanced

Thx for the help

*edit: im having http://www.wowhead.com/item=103852/blight-hurlers and http://www.wowhead.com/item=96379/al...ented-leggings in my bag for witch i could give up my 2pt15 boni
    Last edited by mmoc8914dfef52; 2013-10-10 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    Except on animus I didn't find any use to it. I mean, if I'm healing rather than dps'ing then it's either because of the mechanics of the specific encounter or something has gone wrong.
    It's not but as he said Icy Veins glyph is bugged so its frees up a slot for the next useful glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Hey guys.
    So im pretty new to my mage making it difficult for me to choose one of the 3 speccs. I really enjoy every single specc so this is not problem for me, im just concerned about my dps.

Question now is what specc would you recommend me to go for with my gear for SoO normal/hc content: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Froxx/advanced

Thx for the help

*edit: im having http://www.wowhead.com/item=103852/blight-hurlers and http://www.wowhead.com/item=96379/al...ented-leggings in my bag for witch i could give up my 2pt15 boni
    Forgot t15 bonuses and go frost for sure, pick up t16 2pc as soon as possible.

Deleted

Forgot t15 bonuses and go frost for sure, pick up t16 2pc as soon as possible.
    Just wondering, why frost?? I mean it seams to pull off the lowest numbers, acording to WoL. Just want some backround about your decision

Just wondering, why frost?? I mean it seams to pull off the lowest numbers, acording to WoL. Just want some backround about your decision
    Frost performs the best at lower ilvls and without T15 4pc. T15 2pc isn't very good and shouldn't even factor in. Once you get T16 4pc you can go Fire or Arcane depending on the type of gear you have been picking up (mastery or crit) but frost is doing fairly well with gear and at the hands of skilled players. Good frost mages are beating average arcane players and the gap is even smaller with fire.
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2013-10-10 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Frost performs the best at lower ilvls and without T15 4pc. T15 2pc isn't very good and should even factor in.
    So if i would get t15 4pc, on which specc should i switch?

*edit: and does the t16 2pc boni change the specc i should go for or still stay on frost till i get some more ilvl
    Last edited by mmoc8914dfef52; 2013-10-10 at 10:52 PM.

So if i would get t15 4pc, on which specc should i switch?
    If you have decent mastery gear go arcane. If you have crit gear go fire. Just saying right now with your current gear drop your t15 for higher ilvl pieces and go frost.

Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    It has its uses as Ken covers its the main "goto glyph to swap in/out" and has more use than anything else seeing as IV is bugged, remember you're evo'ing every x seconds to get your buff back and generally you're never going to be 100% hp at all times for that since healers generally only take to ~90% before healing the next prio target as they should.

Heroic Jugg for instance you're knocked out of range of boss and have to stay there depending on tactic so this can be a way to help the healers a fraction alongside ice barrier/temporal shield/block/symbiosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Hello guys,

I have a question for you,

It's been since the start of 5.4 that I specced Frost (from Fire in 5.3),

because I didn't felt that Fire was doing so much good as in late 5.3,

but what I did, was playing Frost, while pickin all Fire gear, then reforging and gemming to frost, because I always tought that when I got the 4pc bonus I would change back to fire.

Yesterday I got my 4pc T16 bonus, and I'd Like to know if it is the time to change to fire.

Until now, with frost, I was always in top dps, in some fights, I was really ahead in dps (Dark shamans is the best example, where with NT I do tons of dmg)

and here's my gear,

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nemesis/Baryn/advanced

I'm lvl 557, with almost fire gear in every slot,
    today I will try and test how fire goes, but what you think meanwhile? I've collected enough gear to go back fire? Thank you all for your time

Quick trinket question Guys!

I was lucky enough to get a flex version of PBoI tonight.

My current trinkets are RF Wooshulay's Final choice (502), and Volailte talisman of Shado-pan assault (522) which trinket should I replace?

P.S. I am playing Frost FYI

My gut tells me the the RF WFC is better the VT even if the item level is twenty levels lower.

Hi i just got normal mode tier shoulders to complete my 4piece. I don't believe simcraft is simming the 4pc dps correctly as it says its about a 4k dps loss to use the normal mode shoulders for 4pc over using heroic mastery crit shoulders. Wondering if anyone can give me some insight on this issue im having, thanks! Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uelol/advanced . Also this is as frost spec, don't ask me why im playing frost, i just am.

Edit: nvm resimmed it myself and its about a 2k increas to use 4pc(shouldn't listen to other people!)
    Last edited by Nique; 2013-10-15 at 07:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oisin/advanced

I was wondering how well Malkorok's (FLEX)cleave trinket is compared to breath of the hydra for general use for me, though I doubt the int proc will make up for it?

Deleted
    Hi, I'm currently mulling over my stat weights after reading Akraen's Frost mage guide post, with the presentation of the three different frost builds. [Link]

I want to do the mixed build, as I will most likely go for an Arcane OS but still want some of the benefits of Frost. I've tried editing the stat weights on Ask Mr. Robot, so that it'd weight haste and mastery equally, and ignore crit... but now it tells me to completely gem intellect, with a few int+haste gems.

This is what my edited weights look like:

I'm not an AMR wiz, this is the first time I've tried to mess with the weights instead of going with the default build, which has made me rather haste-heavy (16,598 haste and 4,644 mastery).

If there's anything else I've blatantly misunderstood, feel free to point it out so I can correct it, and thank you for your time!

Link to AMR and link to Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skogul View Post
    Hi, I'm currently mulling over my stat weights after reading Akraen's Frost mage guide post, with the presentation of the three different frost builds. [Link]

I want to do the mixed build, as I will most likely go for an Arcane OS but still want some of the benefits of Frost. I've tried editing the stat weights on Ask Mr. Robot, so that it'd weight haste and mastery equally, and ignore crit... but now it tells me to completely gem intellect, with a few int+haste gems.

This is what my edited weights look like:

I'm not an AMR wiz, this is the first time I've tried to mess with the weights instead of going with the default build, which has made me rather haste-heavy (16,598 haste and 4,644 mastery).

If there's anything else I've blatantly misunderstood, feel free to point it out so I can correct it, and thank you for your time!

Link to AMR and link to Armory
    You've set haste and mastery caps, are you on those caps by any chance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    You've set haste and mastery caps, are you on those caps by any chance?
    I guess I am, but I don't know how to set it to go for a mix of haste and mastery. According to Akraen's mix build I should go for 9522 haste, since I usually run with LB. But I'm at a pretty good ilvl, so if I only go to that haste breakpoint, I'll end up with a ton more mastery, and it'll basically just end up being a mastery build. I know it says to gem for the stat I got less of, but I'd really like to set up AMR so it calculates the optimal balance for me, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, as I don't understand how the stat weights work... :s

EDIT: I also just saw that he writes that 12684 haste is "the so-called magic number" for the mix build, but that's for NT (14501 with meta-gem proc or heroism)... So should I just go for that, and then use NT instead of LB? I'm a little confused, and probably making this much more complicated than it has to be.
    Last edited by mmocc219c9ac3f; 2013-10-15 at 06:24 PM.