Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was wondering about my spec choice at the moment, someone was telling me that since I had 4pc T15 (heroic legs, everything else normal), that I should be arcane over frost. However there is 20-30 ilvl difference between the legs/shoulders Im using as frost vs the 2 tier pieces (heroic legs and normal shoulders) that I would need to use to get the 4pc bonus. Is the set bonus really so strong to make up for 20 ilvls worth of extra stats?

My character is Chillberry - Frostmourne (US), I can not post a direct link yet (yes I know that I am well over hit cap but my upgrades have been big enough to justify the extra hit for now :] )

Hello fellow mages,

I need your help for some stats issues.
    I have read many threads on reaching the 9762 haste BP but they didn't all state the same thing so they got me even more confused.

My character is EU - Zehyrr - Vol'Jin

I ran SC to get my stats weights, then I put them into AMR. According to AMR I could reach the haste BP by loosing 1097 mastery, is it worth it ?

And I had another question concerning JC gems. Icy Veins tells me to turn them into Mastery gems while AMR gives me Intel (does it tell me intel because it turns all my orange gems from intel/mastery to exp/mastery and tries to compensate the intel lost ?). Is there a rule that applies here or should I try both configurations and test them in game ?

Thank you in advance for your enlightment.
    Last edited by Zehyrr; 2013-10-17 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehyrr View Post
    Hello fellow mages,

I need your help for some stats issues.
    I have read many threads on reaching the 9762 haste BP but they didn't all state the same thing so they got me even more confused.

My character is EU - Zehyrr - Vol'Jin

I ran SC to get my stats weights, then I put them into AMR. According to AMR I could reach the haste bp by loosing 1097 mastery, is it worth it ?

And I had another question concerning JC gems. Icy Veins tells me to turn them into Mastery gems while AMR gives me Intel (does it tells me intel because it turns all my orange gems from intel/mastery to exp/mastery and tries to compensate the intel lost ?). Is there a rule that applies here or I should I try both configurations and test them in game ?

Thank you in advance for your enlightment.
    1100 mastery is getting up there but i don't know the math well enough to say for sure on that but i do know the int gems are the way to go, 160 bonus int per gem > 160 mastery per gem.
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2013-10-17 at 11:51 AM.

I have a 536 alt mage and I was wondering if I was able to reforge to enough crit as of yet because I can't find a definite answer for Crit rating for Fire. Also I was wondering what would be a good haste cap for fire down the road as well. The armory has not updated him in over a week so it'll be on AMR.

US - Skullcrusher - Dalthon

So, right now my gear lvl is 552 (useless number, I know, but it's what most people look at for a 1st impression), but I am wondering if I should dump some of my SoO gear (non heroic) and try to get a 4 piece T15H set. If so, which 4 pieces are best for me to get as an arcane mage? Any other advice on my gear would be appreciated

US - Sweetdeaths - The Scryers

Halp

Hello there, i recently rejoined wow after a 2 year afk, been back a month so far. Got back into the guild and dusted off my old mage (our guild was low on mages)

Not 100% sure if this is "help my dps" or "help my gear" So forgive me if its in the wrong place.

Link to armory (Khiro @ Kul-Tiras EU)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Khiro/simple

My question is this.

>Im playing frost.
    >Ive noticed most fights in SoO are mainly living bomb as prime mage bomb. So NT kinda takes a backseat.
    >Currently i can hit the haste point of 9522 for LB but also the 12684 for NT.

Now,

>do i go for haste of 9522 then into mastery and keep using LB as my prime mage bomb
    >do i go for haste of 12684 then into mastery and use NT as my prime mage bomb
    >do i keep or drop glyph of icy veins.

Bonus question.
    At what point of mastery is wise to play arcane over frost?

Many thanks for any replays.

Kind Regards Khiro!

Quote Originally Posted by Khuro View Post
    Hello there, i recently rejoined wow after a 2 year afk, been back a month so far. Got back into the guild and dusted off my old mage (our guild was low on mages)

Not 100% sure if this is "help my dps" or "help my gear" So forgive me if its in the wrong place.

Link to armory (Khiro @ Kul-Tiras EU)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Khiro/simple

My question is this.

>Im playing frost.
    >Ive noticed most fights in SoO are mainly living bomb as prime mage bomb. So NT kinda takes a backseat.
    >Currently i can hit the haste point of 9522 for LB but also the 12684 for NT.

Now,

>do i go for haste of 9522 then into mastery and keep using LB as my prime mage bomb
    >do i go for haste of 12684 then into mastery and use NT as my prime mage bomb
    >do i keep or drop glyph of icy veins.

Bonus question.
    At what point of mastery is wise to play arcane over frost?

Many thanks for any replays.

Kind Regards Khiro!
    To my knowledge IV glyph is still bugged and if you go for the high haste build you always use NT because more ticks means more chances to proc BF therefore you dont glyph IV. A mastery build is best for single target so if you go that route then yes, 9522 haste then rest into mastery. As for going arcane there is no real specific point to switch so you just have to feel it out yourself.

Im in a similar situation to one of the above un answered questions. - how valuable is the 2/4set
    Fire Spec - Ilvl555
    My toon

So far in 5.4 ive not had any Tier tokens drop, but neither have i been running LFR.
    Currently my Chest, Shoulders and Hands are taken up with WarForged offset items, Normal mode offset Helm and Timeless Legs (all 2/2)

On the asumption that I dont get any normal Tier tokens, is it worth me running LFR to get all 4 bits, or is the drop in ilvl from warforged to 528 not worth the set bonus?

T16 4pc works out to like 8-10% additional crit on pyro, some will say more but that's what Iv seen. Just do some math and look at crit loss from switching up items and don't forget to factoring crit mass.

Hi. I was retired from play WoW for about a year or so. I came back for last month of ToT and started raiding with my guild, currently 4/14H. I grabbed anything that seemed an upgrade most of the time, forgetting about itemization because all of it was like 30-50 ilvls higher. I was Arcane since I came back but so far I haven't seen the results I would like. My DPS is still last most of the time. Today I got my cloak, but I'm wondering if I should try another spec. Itemization is one of the reasons why I was thinking aobut the switch to another spec, the other one being a 10 man, we really have great cleave DPS in my raid. I can barely damage mobs before they insta die. Here is our comp as of now:

1 Brewmaster Monk
    1 Protection Warrior
    1 Balance Druid
    1 Windwalker Monk
    1 Retribution Paladin
    1 Arms/Fury Warrior
    1 Arcane Mage <me>
    1 Beast Mastery/Survival Hunter
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Disc Priest

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Phexter/simple
    Any tips/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by foxkoby View Post
    Hi. I was retired from play WoW for about a year or so. I came back for last month of ToT and started raiding with my guild, currently 4/14H. I grabbed anything that seemed an upgrade most of the time, forgetting about itemization because all of it was like 30-50 ilvls higher. I was Arcane since I came back but so far I haven't seen the results I would like. My DPS is still last most of the time. Today I got my cloak, but I'm wondering if I should try another spec. Itemization is one of the reasons why I was thinking aobut the switch to another spec, the other one being a 10 man, we really have great cleave DPS in my raid. I can barely damage mobs before they insta die. Here is our comp as of now:

1 Brewmaster Monk
    1 Protection Warrior
    1 Balance Druid
    1 Windwalker Monk
    1 Retribution Paladin
    1 Arms/Fury Warrior
    1 Arcane Mage <me>
    1 Beast Mastery/Survival Hunter
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Disc Priest

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Phexter/simple
    Any tips/suggestions?
    You have good enough gear to pull decent numbers as arcane so it leads me to believe you are not taking advantage of the T16 2pc. Head over to the arcane guide and look back a few pages there are a few really good explanations of the "new" rotation. That or if you have T15 heroic 4pc put that back on and it will be better the reg T16

Ilevel 547~

I was reading some where the static stats on the old trinkets are better than new trinkets. Is this correct?

I have 530 Wusho and 530 BreathOTH, but 540(flex) Purified Bindings of Immerseus dropped.

Which one do i replace if at all. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nedla View Post
    Ilevel 547~

I was reading some where the static stats on the old trinkets are better than new trinkets. Is this correct?

I have 530 Wusho and 530 BreathOTH, but 540(flex) Purified Bindings of Immerseus dropped.

Which one do i replace if at all. Thanks.
    Replace Woosh with bindings

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Replace Woosh with bindings
    thanks. didnt note i was frost.

Does this still hold true for frost? Replace woosh?

thanks. didnt note i was frost.

Does this still hold true for frost? Replace woosh?
    Yeah bindings is a very good trinket, replace your breath with totem or BBoY first chance you get

548 Flex Gaze of Arrogance 2H

or

530 Totemic Ward 1H + 548 Juggernaut's Power Core

Can anyone tell me which is better plz. Generally 1h+oh better than 2h right?

10+ Year Old Account
    548 Flex Gaze of Arrogance 2H

or

530 Totemic Ward 1H + 548 Juggernaut's Power Core

Can anyone tell me which is better plz. Generally 1h+oh better than 2h right?
    548 Flex Gaze of Arrogance. You get both more SP and more intellect compared to using the wand + OH.

Generally 1H + OH is better than a staff yes, but that's only when you have stuff that's the same ilvl.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

Deleted
    Frost trinket breakdown, please!?

- FLEX Bindings of Immerseus
    - NORMAL Black Blood of Y'Shaari
    - HEROIC Kardras' Toxic Totem

Pick two, ideally with a dps breakdown for frost. (I've seen the arcane one, think frost might be different?)

Guys I desperately need help. I pull about 240k as an arcane mage. I'll link my armory below. But I'm looking for advice when it comes to the dps increase for arcane mages when it comes to having your 4 piece, legendary cloak, and hopefully the NORMAL mode of your BIS trinkets. Would me gemming for exp and mastery increase any damage. I'm just a little lost. I just recently reactivated so any and all help would be nice.

Sadly, they will not let me post any links until I post a few times. But my toons name is Picatsu and he is on the Aerie Peak server.

Hi guys!

I`m doing the mastery-frost build and well, got an heroic tier-piece last night and update AskMrRobot after the raid was done. AMR is now telling me to go for the 4-piece bonus by using a piece from Flex.
    That has to be wrong, doesnt it? My plan was to wait for another heroic tier-piece before I consider using the 4piece, normally trust AMR but trust MMO-mages more so why not check in with yall!

This is me now: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h%C3%A2/simple

And this is how AMR wants me to gear: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ptiermaybe.png

Appreciate any toughts, tough I will propably stay as it is and wait for hc 4p, not to fond of that Flex shoulder (and use valor on it)! I do decent deeps so not desperate, but maybe you see something I don`t!
    twitter.com/the_narsha