Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Before I start out, here's my armory profile - EU - Draenor - Parts (<< cant post links yet, sorry)

And I recently went frost. 14/14n progress now, and looking to start going into heroics. But mostly I see mages perform best on fights as fire/arcane in rankings.
    Earlier on, I had a little attempt at fire, but I despise the playstyle so hard I couldn't keep at it.

So now, I decided to try arcane, but I seem to really underperform. I ended up with 150k on Garrosh with arcane, opposed to my 230 ish with frost.

So what I'm asking here, is should I focus harder to learn to play arcane flawlessly, or just keep at my full haste- frost build?
    Maybe I should gem and forge over to the Haste + Mastery build (the one using breakpoints etc) and that way I could swap between frost/arcane to certain fights?

(numbers aren't..precise, and probably higher in fight. Point is my frost dps > my arc. Even when gemmed and forged full mastery for arc
    Last edited by Svenningen; 2014-03-01 at 12:01 AM.

After about 3 months of being 90 my arcane Mage finally got 2-pc from celestials today, but I'm wondering what I should do in the future when I get 4-set.

I currently have Ordos warforged head, shoulders, and chest.
    I only do flex raiding on this alt, so I'm wondering if it'll be worth losing the 38 ilvl (switching two 567 pieces for 548) to get 4-set with two flex tier pieces when I get them.

Here's my armory but it hasn't updated yet: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aratael/simple

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2014-03-05 at 04:53 PM.

I don't think losing 38ilvls to get the 4set is worth it. That is an insane amount of intellect.

Deleted
    Hey guys i need a help in order to decide if remove the 2nd tier bonus(I'll keep chest and gloves HM) and put in head spot the head from the fallen protector heroic warforged,the legs from the iron juggernaut heroic warforged and the shoulder from norushen heroic. what do you think about lose the tier 4 pieces in order to equip those 3 pieces?

Sorry for my bad english hope everyone could understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    After about 3 months of being 90 my arcane Mage finally got 2-pc from celestials today, but I'm wondering what I should do in the future when I get 4-set.

I currently have Ordos warforged head, shoulders, and chest.
    I only do flex raiding on this alt, so I'm wondering if it'll be worth losing the 38 ilvl (switching two 567 pieces for 548) to get 4-set with two flex tier pieces when I get them.

Here's my armory but it hasn't updated yet: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aratael/simple

Thanks!
    Yeah that's a tough call between 38 ilvs worth of Int stat versus 15% chance that Arcane Missiles won't be consumed when used. Then again, some of the highest DPET is from AM at 4 stacks of AC. I wouldn't worry too much about it till you actually get your 4-pc and then do some testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Erehestor View Post
    Hey guys i need a help in order to decide if remove the 2nd tier bonus(I'll keep chest and gloves HM) and put in head spot the head from the fallen protector heroic warforged,the legs from the iron juggernaut heroic warforged and the shoulder from norushen heroic. what do you think about lose the tier 4 pieces in order to equip those 3 pieces?

Sorry for my bad english hope everyone could understand
    What spec? Fire, Frost or Arcane? I believe it's ok to break 4pc for Frost, not so much for Fire or Arcane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Yeah that's a tough call between 38 ilvs worth of Int stat versus 15% chance that Arcane Missiles won't be consumed when used. Then again, some of the highest DPET is from AM at 4 stacks of AC. I wouldn't worry too much about it till you actually get your 4-pc and then do some testing.

What spec? Fire, Frost or Arcane? I believe it's ok to break 4pc for Frost, not so much for Fire or Arcane.
    Spec is frost...so you think to break set?

Is it better to use an LFR Toxic Totem than a Normal Frenzied Crystal of Rage when working on Garrosh 10N? The Cleave ends up being ~5% of damage done on the fight, but I don't feel that the cleave is really helping in most situations on that fight. Multistrike on Garrosh himself would be more helpful in terms of effect, but I am thinking that the larger INT buff from the higher ilvl trinket outweighs the Cleave vs. Multistrike. Is there any merit to using the LFR Totem over 561 FCoR? Raiding as Frost.

As you have found, both trinkets give you around the same damage benefit (both being around 5% for this specific fight). However, the crystal trinket gets most of its damage from add AoE. Is AoE a problem in your raid? I assume you are doing garrosh progression- why are you wiping?

I would say if your wipes are due to overwhelming adds- go
    with the crystal. If they were the same item level, KTT every time. Personally, i would rather have the extra 5% damage towards the boss throughout the fight than sporadically on the adds. I think many people would pick KTT no matter what, but if you are having major add damage problems the crystal shouldnt be overlooked.

Deleted
    Hello,
    after I read alot of Mage Theorycrafting and DPS Optimisation im starting to change my Gear.

Please check my Gear first in Amory: Zenjuro-FrostwolfEU (cant post Links!)

After seeing Akraen's Guide I want to try out the Mixture Build,
    I changed the Weigts to:
    Intellect 6.35
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 6
    Spell Power 5
    Haste(to 14242) 3.8
    Mastery 3.45
    Haste(14242+) 3.38
    Crit(to 23%) 1
    Crit(23%+) 1

After this I still would get the 14242 Haste Cap and would gain 14,60% more Mastery.

Should I reforge/gem or should I stay with my build atm?

Thanks for the Answers!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oobyplz/simple

At the moment im fire and fully buffed i sit at about 38% crit chance. My gear though has lot of mastery, should i just go arcane? I'm only doing flex/normal really.

Using AMR gemmed and reforged for mastery i would sit at 68% mastery.

I dont mind the playstyles both are fun but which would be more effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjuro View Post
    Hello,
    after I read alot of Mage Theorycrafting and DPS Optimisation im starting to change my Gear.

Please check my Gear first in Amory: Zenjuro-FrostwolfEU (cant post Links!)

After seeing Akraen's Guide I want to try out the Mixture Build,
    I changed the Weigts to:
    Intellect 6.35
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 6
    Spell Power 5
    Haste(to 14242) 3.8
    Mastery 3.45
    Haste(14242+) 3.38
    Crit(to 23%) 1
    Crit(23%+) 1

After this I still would get the 14242 Haste Cap and would gain 14,60% more Mastery.

Should I reforge/gem or should I stay with my build atm?

Thanks for the Answers!
    Haste to 14242 > mastery is the most standard build for Frost, and I've found the most success with it. I've never tried Akraen's full haste build (mainly because I hate how fast Frost already is at 14242).

Those weights look fine. I would do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oobyplz/simple

At the moment im fire and fully buffed i sit at about 38% crit chance. My gear though has lot of mastery, should i just go arcane? I'm only doing flex/normal really.

Using AMR gemmed and reforged for mastery i would sit at 68% mastery.

I dont mind the playstyles both are fun but which would be more effective?
    Current opinion is fire below 45% crit self buffed is going to be inconsistent. And Arcane at low gear levels doesn't perform as well as Frost (especially without tier bonuses or WF gear).

I would just play Frost with your gear, tbh. I don't have much experience with low ilvl Arcane to say if it will be successful. If you plan on getting into heroics and pushing progression, then I recommend getting used to Arcane now (because it's very strong in heroic gear) or just biting the bullet and sucking as fire until you get more crit.

Hi All,

recently got back into raiding and am in a guild that's 8/14 in normal. We're slowly progressing through, but i'm finally seeing some nice drops come my way. My question is regarding trinkets: Currently running PBOI(normal) and BBOY(Flex) with custom ARM weights set to mixture build (3.8 haste to 14242, 3.45 master, 3.37 haste) from Akrean's frost guide. I got a normal version of KTT to drop last night and my main question is, is it worth losing 6% mastery to use the KTT trinket over BBOY (flex)? I can reforge to stay at 50% haste buffed with KTT, but there's no way to tell if the KTT multistrike is > than 6% mastery.

Here's my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Sev/simple

Thanks all!

use ktt 10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Hi Hi!

Need some Arcane Mage assistance...

Was wondering if someone could look over my AMR stat weights... I feel they might be slightly off. In particular my Mastery %, I'm having a hard time plugging in my appropriate numbers.

US ARMOURY:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stica/advanced

AMR Customization:
    http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps19fee42d.jpg

AMR Stat Weights:

I also have Normal Chronomancer Leggings. And Heroic Hood of Swirling Senses and Shoulderpads of Dou Dou Chong... Any help with "the maths" would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by supervixen; 2014-04-22 at 05:18 AM. Reason: update

Hi MMO-Champ.

Just wondering if/when HWF Frenzied Crystal of Rage and Heroic Kardris' Toxic Totem would be useful over Normal Black Blood of Y'shaarj? My second trinket is the Heroic version of Purified Bindings of Immerseus and I'm fairly certain that I'd never swap that out. I'm curious if the DPS output by switching from the normal Garrosh trinket to either one those heroic ones I mentioned would be useful (Progression is currently Heroic Spoils). For your consideration, I've also included my full armory below, so feel free to critique any mistakes you catch.

Armory

Thank you!

Zulq
    Armory
    <Oppression> of Lightbringer-US Alliance
    Recruitment: Open
    Message for more details

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys.

Frost mage here who recently started playing again.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebruari/simple

Am I doing anything wrong? My dps seems fine but I wanna make sure I'm maxing out my character.

You're short of the hit cap and you should be using 320haste/160exp+160haste/80int+160haste instead of pure intellect gems
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Was looking for some quick advice. I have all five pieces of my tier, but I'm not sure which pieces to trade in or out for my 4 piece bonus (or if I should use my four piece bonus at all). I don't have an off tier replacement for my chest or gloves at the moment. Here is my armory: Nevermind, I can't post links. My armory (us) is Remiaphasia on the server Lightbringer.
    Also any other constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks!

Also feel free to suggest a better helm for my xmog that isn't a tiki mask >.>
    Last edited by atinolle; 2014-05-11 at 08:14 AM.

You're nowhere near the requirements to not use 4 piece, so definitely use it. Out of the items you have equipped, I'd say use IJ legs as your off piece.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You're nowhere near the requirements to not use 4 piece, so definitely use it. Out of the items you have equipped, I'd say use IJ legs as your off piece.
    What are the requirements to not use four piece?