Angry Windows 7(64) Lock Up/Unresponsive

Hello all, I'm encountering an issue with my new system that I can't quite figure out the problem too. The system will lock up and become unresponsive at random times, there is no rhyme or reason for the event as far as I can tell. I've tried different strategies to repair the issue but nothing I do has made any affect. Before I go into detail of my attempts to fix this issue let me give you my system specifications.

Video Card- AMD Radeon 6670
    (I am using a 520GB SSD)

Machine name: IRON-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: GA-990FXA-UD3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
    Page File: 5552MB used, 10791MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I've tried re-installing my video drivers, re-installing Chrome, re-installing Skype and other programs in case of memory leaks. I've monitored system ram being used but so far nothing I can really find, everything is normal idle. CPU: 0-4% idle Ram: 20-30% idle, running games ram is usually 40 and 50 while CPU doesn't move up much. I've powered off sleep mode on USB devices, unplugged all USB devices, keep programs off like steam, curse, origin, skype. Nothing running in the background and it will still, OUT OF NOWHERE, lock and sometimes crashing. Funny thing is, when it crashes it acts like it is restarting then suddenly after the motherboard screen it says "Failed to boot OS-please insert system disc and press any key" usually following a power down it starts back up just fine. I have ran the sfc/scannow but to no avail no errors. I've updated windows, I've updated Kaspersky, I ran some small tools from Kaspersky hoping they would find something but still nothing.

As mentioned before, these crash/lockups are completely random, sometimes after an hour of being on, sometimes 8 and today it happened right after a restart from a previous crash at the login screen for windows! I have become very frustrated with this issue and I don't know what else to do, I'm getting ready to resort to a full reformat but I would rather avoid that because that can become tedious.

The next fix I would like to try came from this but I feel it may be an outdated hotfix. http://www.pcworld.com/article/20445...y_Freezes.html

I have to head to work at this time, I really hope to find some solutions from here in the community.

Try a diag on your OS hard drive (maybe in another machine?). With a 10GB paging file, it's very possible something is being written to a bad sector.

funny thing is, when it crashes it acts like it is restarting then suddenly after the motherboard screen it says "Failed to boot OS-please insert system disc and press any key" usually following a power down it starts back up just fine.
    Can you elaborate more on what the symptoms are when it does go down?

Is it locking up, restarting, shutting itself down. What do you mean "Acts like it is restarting" do you see a "Windows is shutting down" screen?

it begins slowing down, becomes unresponsive and sometimes it does absolutely nothing with a complete freeze and I have to force shutdown or it acts like it restarts and tells me OS load error.

Deleted
    Seems like a SSD issue to me. Try installing it on a different HDD if you have the possibility to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Seems like a SSD issue to me. Try installing it on a different HDD if you have the possibility to do so.
    This..SSD is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This..SSD is failing.
    Yeah I just got back on an older HDD, the SSD finally died while I was trying to move files in a bit of an emergency backup...thankfully I didn't lose anything too serious and got what I needed. I have the SSD on RMA, should receive the new one on Monday. Would really not want to lose this hardware considering it cost me 500$. Thanks guys.