Deleted

D3 starter edition question.

Hello , I've been playing diablo 3 starter edition ( max level 13 and it stops after killing the skeleton king for those that didn't know). I really love the game but it's going to take some time to get the full game, so until then I've been playing over and over the quests up until the skeleton king saving up gold and also salvaging magic items for materials for future use, to craft stuff.

So my question is this , is it worth it to save up on salvaged mats from magic items for future use or does it become useless quite fast down the road? Gold I'm making quite slowly , just at 50.000 right now. So as an example , is it like a lvl 20 character saving up for "end game" things in wow? Or are they actually useful in D3 ? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Hello , I've been playing diablo 3 starter edition ( max level 13 and it stops after killing the skeleton king for those that didn't know). I really love the game but it's going to take some time to get the full game, so until then I've been playing over and over the quests up until the skeleton king saving up gold and also salvaging rares for materials for future use, to craft stuff.

So my question is this , is it worth it to save up on salvaged mats from rare weapons for future use or does it become useless quite fast down the road? Gold I'm making quite slowly , just at 50.000 right now. So as an example , is it like a lvl 20 character saving up for "end game" things in wow? Or are they actually useful in D3 ? Thank you
    pre-level 60 mats are useless.

The only mats worth it is the level 60 demonic essence and the tomes to use on the new plans.

at lease to me anyway I never used any of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting Materials are basically only useful while you are in that specific difficulty. Once you hit Nightmare you et new mats (unless the item is too low level, then you still get normal mats), same for hell and inferno. So I would say no, it isn't that useful (unless you play hardcore, where I would hoard basically everything at the start, to have an easier time coming back when your character dies).

Deleted
    That was fast hehe , thanks for the answer. I was hoping it would help me along at least for the normal version of the game...or most of the normal version. Oh well, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    That was fast hehe , thanks for the answer. I was hoping it would help me along at least for the normal version of the game...or most of the normal version. Oh well, thanks again.
    Like Marston said it depends as well if your playing Softcore or Hardcore.

Because getting items can be harder in HC even more so since the AH is nearly empty in HC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal Mode ist extremely easy. Items help, of course, but you probably won't really need any help there, as the normal drops will be more then enough. Once you hit Nightmare the game starts to become harder.

Deleted
    Yep , well I'll still keep playing the starter edition so might as well save up on some stuff that MIGHT help in the future, also i saw you can combine some of them to transform into better crafting materials, like 5x magic item salvage result into 1 or more rare item salvage result ( didn't really remember the names yet, i think "infernal fangs" ? ) Anyway thanks for the help guys

There is one specific instance where mats are actually useful pre-60, and that is if you manage to find the item Plans: Cain's Fate. That is a LV 4 Blacksmith plan for crafting the Cain's Fate set items, which are in constant demand since they offer a very nice EXP bonus and socketed helm for even more EXP during leveling. If you do find that plan, you're set for a long time for gold income if you have patience.

Deleted
    Thanks for the response Tia , i'll keep saving the mats and also save up on gold, might as well do something somewhat "productive".I looked it up and been playing starter edition for almost 19 hours ( i only have one character that i play).

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest the normal mode crafting mats actually sell for quite a bit. So while you're waiting on the full edition, stock up on those mats as much as possible then sell them on the Auction House and that'll give you a nice gold boost

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    To be honest the normal mode crafting mats actually sell for quite a bit. So while you're waiting on the full edition, stock up on those mats as much as possible then sell them on the Auction House and that'll give you a nice gold boost
    This many times. A good way to get your first 1-5 million gold, then buy a rush to get to level 60 inn 3-4 hours fast. And then decide if you like the game or not. Cant really judge game with starter edition. OP, once level 60 I suggest you get into AH playing, if you want actual good wealth. Grinding won't get you anywhere gear wise.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Will do, thanks for the advice guys.