Thread: Whirl turtles.

Deleted

Whirl turtles.

On whirl turtles for tortos, is it worth havocing the boss and shadowburning an already dead one, or generating embers with it instead for a turtle that is already alive? Presuming that A) You arn't on turtles and B) The turtles are dieing fast enough without you.

if u are on turtles and u wanna pad yeah

If your job is not to kill the turtles and they die easy, then i assume your job is to nuke boss and bats.
    In that case it would be worth it. FnB+immo and RoF on bats for "endless" embers and havoc shadowburn away.

I wouldnt even look at that as padding the meters, since the dead turtles dosnt take damage, but the boss (that i assume is your job to nuke) will take it and three shadowburns are better than one CB.
    Also speaking from personal experience on this boss, trying to shadowburn the bats never work since the melee in my group kill them too fast. Although a mouseover macro to spam on bats might net you higher dps if you get in some shadowburns on them while havocing over to boss.

Perfect opportunity to ask. Are these "dead" turtles, that you can shadowburn, considered dead in the macros? That means that [nodead] conditional returns true?

Deleted
    They arn't considered dead in macros.
    Thanks for the input guys.

If there are no active turtles up then yes this is very good to do. If there are active turtles up, havoc and copy some shadowburns to them instead and melt them so the rest of the ranged can get back on the boss.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2013-06-07 at 12:40 PM.

If you have no other targets up, because shadowburn has an insanely high dpct, it's definitely worth it to do.

But on a fight like Tortos, I feel as though there's usually always something else you can havoc to get the full 2-target benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by noggenfogger View Post
    If you have no other targets up, because shadowburn has an insanely high dpct, it's definitely worth it to do.

But on a fight like Tortos, I feel as though there's usually always something else you can havoc to get the full 2-target benefit.
    Yeah havocing the bats when possible will net higher dps and kill things faster, plus killing bats with shadowburn will return more embers which again will give even higher numbers and faster kill.

And since he mentioned turtles ar dieing fast enough and he was assigned elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    On whirl turtles for tortos, is it worth havocing the boss and shadowburning an already dead one, or generating embers with it instead for a turtle that is already alive? Presuming that A) You arn't on turtles and B) The turtles are dieing fast enough without you.
    Only if you swim in embers(bats are alive and you have RoF on them or bats are about to die) or if you have strong procs up(hydra, wushu, uvls, chaye).
    It's not woth it if you spend all your time incinerating.

The problem with turtles (as I've tried this myself) is when they stop moving they cast http://www.wowhead.com/spell=133971 on themselves, making them immune to all dmg, so you aren't really netting all that much by rolling havoc'd shadowburns off of them.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki