Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help Going oom to fast as a healer

Ok so i joined a new guild and they told me to go disc and to go crit build. which i did, But now i go OOM way to fast compared to holy. I am only doing 30-40k hps while in holy i was doing 60k-90k.

My guild is telling me i need to get more crit less spirit. because im at around 14k combat regen which is to high but even at that much i go oom n they dont understand that..

Idk how to do logs so i cant link any.

usDOTbattleDOTnet/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Bubblebootie/simple

Please give me some help.

Got any world of logs links?

Crazy high regen for a spec that is pretty mana stable. If you are used to healing so you can skip some of the obvious and you don't run with ppl that camp out in the fire, then you really need to look at spell costs and over healing are the next obvious choices. Clearly being told to get less spirit when you have mana issues is a bad idea, at least until you figure out how to work with less.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Got any world of logs links?
    No i dont know how to do logs.

and yea im use to healing bc ive been holy since 5.1 and i also have a resto shammy. But i just switched to disc today n no matter what i do i go oom. i tried just casual healing who needed heals oom. tried to dps heal oom.

Your trinkets are crap. :P

Run LFR for better trinkets, even LFR T14 would be an upgrade from what you have. If you get some regen trinkets you can drop some of the spirit on your gear for higher output.

Disc is all about anticipating damage, if you can't anticipate damage patterns then I suppose you could run oom trying to play catchup from trying to get players back to full health.

Logs would be helpful.

Make sure you have the addon Ingela's Rapture - shield the tank every time it bloops
    DPS heal through atonement during low periods of damage - making sure to still shield on the bloop noise.

pop archangel and spirit shell about 15 seconds before incoming damage and start PoHing the raid/your groups depending on 10/25 man - this will be mana intensive

Get mana trinkets

Yes ik i need new trinks BUT i cant get anythign to drop. its been 2-3 months since i last got gear. and again "I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO LOGS" so i cannot post any.

But i will try----- Make sure you have the addon Ingela's Rapture - shield the tank every time it bloops
    DPS heal through atonement during low periods of damage - making sure to still shield on the bloop noise.

pop archangel and spirit shell about 15 seconds before incoming damage and start PoHing the raid/your groups depending on 10/25 man - this will be mana intensive

Quote Originally Posted by markie10101 View Post
    Yes ik i need new trinks BUT i cant get anythign to drop. its been 2-3 months since i last got gear. and again "I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO LOGS" so i cannot post any.

But i will try
    They upped the drop rate on T14 LFR shiz and you can run the treasure room on Isle of Thunder for gold coins so you can bonus roll. If you have some valor, get the mana trinket from ToT rep and just run ToES LFR for the trinket there (and/or run ToES on normal/hm with your guild), you can skip MSV and HoF is optional.

The rest of the advice in this thread is good, if you're not managing rapture correctly you'll have mana issues...the addon will help you track things. Or you can just make a weak aura for it if you prefer weak auras.

Read the healer guides on mmo-c/priest forums/ej/noxxic/icy-veins etc on proper spell usage as disc. Also take the time to read up on raid encounters and fully understand them, because it's important that you understand encounters and when damage is going to happen BEFORE it happens as a disc priest more than any other healing spec (although important for holy and other healing classes). Cannot emphasize enough how important that is, because (for example) throwing a shield on someone who just took a ton of damage and isn't going to take anymore major damage for another 30 seconds to a minute means that your pw:s was essentially a waste of a gcd and mana.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Honestly difficult to say what the problem is without knowing what you're doing, or what heals you tend to use, or what your general 'panic mode' go to healing is.

For all we know you could be trying to heal the whole raid with Flash Heal which will make you go oom very fast.

Looking at your armory is only the start. But honestly, you could have the best gear in the world and still go OOM if you do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I run 10k spirit and haven't had any issues while 2 healing most heroics. You must be wasting a tonne of mana on nothing. Abuse the efficiency of atonement/PoM/PW:S. Don't spam heals that you don't have to (like flash heal, could probably take that one off your bars these days). Solace as much as possible. Get a legendary meta. Shadowfiend as soon as you hit ~60% mana. Shado-pan trinket as soon as you hit ~85% mana.

Not much else to say without logs.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Make sure you have the addon Ingela's Rapture - shield the tank every time it bloops

Get mana trinkets
    There's not much point in shielding just for rapture procs unless you run more spirit than you should need
    DPS healing through atonement can be done in basically all periods of damage, the exception being Maegara rampage and Ra'Den phase 2. Not just low damage.

As another post said above you need to control "panic mode", I would also recommend that you use an addon to manage your rapture procs If you are not timing your key mana regen mechanic as disc you are doing it wrong.

Take Flash Heal off your bars 0.o Blasphemy. Then again, I only use it as Holy.

Trinkets are huge for regen. You need to stop saying "I don't know how to do logs" and use the internet to figure it out. Google is not a new concept. See how much regen you are gaining and from what sources when you look at your logs. Compare it to other priests near your progression level and look for ways you can improve.

Helpful Hints: Time Hymn of Hope with Shadowfiend use. Try to use it early so you can use it again at the end of the fight. Always mana potion. If you are Alchemist even better because you can use it as a health pot and inevitably get the mana as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCauthron View Post
    Take Flash Heal off your bars 0.o Blasphemy. Then again, I only use it as Holy.

Trinkets are huge for regen. You need to stop saying "I don't know how to do logs" and use the internet to figure it out. Google is not a new concept. See how much regen you are gaining and from what sources when you look at your logs. Compare it to other priests near your progression level and look for ways you can improve.

Helpful Hints: Time Hymn of Hope with Shadowfiend use. Try to use it early so you can use it again at the end of the fight. Always mana potion. If you are Alchemist even better because you can use it as a health pot and inevitably get the mana as well.
    Flash heal is an effective heal, don't remove it, if anything remove crappy "heal" from your bars. And as others said give logs!

If you have mana issues with 13k spirit it's because you're doing something wrong obviously.

Watch your rapture uptime, make sure you use mindbender on CD, and don't abuse prayer of healing when doing spirit shell too much. Atonement should be pretty much mana positive if you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarpower View Post
    Flash heal is an effective heal, don't remove it, if anything remove crappy "heal" from your bars. And as others said give logs!
    uhhh i hate flash heal zzzzzzz dont even have it on my bars (as disc but holy i do)

mmmm i know holy is more mana hungry than disc so i dont know how u are healing as disc tbh

are u smite healing?? orrrrrr using heal/greater heal?? need wol but as you mentioned NO wol :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Don't overuse pw:shield. Using it for rapture proc's is good, using it to save lives it good, blanketing the entire raid with it will oom you really quickly. For the most part it should never be on more than 1-2 people (there are some exceptions of course.)

You currently have the mindbender talent instead of solace and insanity. I've played both ways, but if you're popping holy fire on cooldown (which you really should), then solace is the better talent for mana.

Mindbender/Shadow fiend. Pop them early. With mindbender, I pop it when I'm down 10-15% mana, then dot the boss, and nuke like crazy. With shadowfiend, I pop it when I'm down about 30%. If you have less than about 50% mana when you pop one of them, follow it with your mana hymn immediately. The mana hymn increases your total mana, which makes your pet restore about 10% more.

Archangel + PI + spirit shell, and blanket the entire raid using PoH before major damage. The PI will reduce the mana required for your PoH and should help you not OOM.

I'm completely blanking on the name atm, but the skill that guarantees a crit, and reduces the mana cost of your next spell.. are you using that on cooldown?

Deleted
    Me, me, pick me!

Inner focus?

Use innfer focus dont use flash heals as much

with that kind of spirit you can atonement a whole fight and still be pretty good on your mana. You are disc, you dont do much healing other than atonement, penance and if stacked'ish poh. Your niché is absorbs, and this is what cost mana pretty much.

Are you using Inner focus? as Disc you are only really casting 1 maybe 2 heals and channeling Pennance. The other 3-4 main abilities are instant cast so this helps a lot. also use Solace and Insanity talent I was using Mindbender and found that Solace is about 15-20% better at mana regen if used on CD. Basically all the fights on Normal I have done I am doing mostly atonement healing with a SS+ POH before major damage phases. I don't think I have ever ended a fight with less than 30% mana, and that was because I wasnt using my Shadow Fiend on CD, was too focused on other things. I have 11k Spirit, and may be dropping to 10K I feel that is a sweet spot for Disc. I have never played Holy, but I do know that I can easily beat our Holy priest on Healing and utility, and she goes OOM all the time.