[Mage] Theramore Death Drop

Make sure you have your finger on the "slow Fall" button or you will take unecessary damage when porting to Theramore. They took out the tower but left the spawn point. Cheers

old news, btw Don't forget to get your ancient dalaran portal. Best troll ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    Ugh I was really wasted and took this one, time at least the rest of the LFR group waited for me to get back.

Deleted
    I forget this every time i'm port to theramore. But i never really die, it's not sooo high ))

As a mage you should never get damage or die to these really, we got 3 ways to avoid death from falling and even 4th if we are engineers..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As a mage you should never get damage or die to these really, we got 3 ways to avoid death from falling and even 4th if we are engineers..
    couldn't it actually be 4 by default? I mean, Alter Time resets your position. if you use it 2 seconds before you hit the ground and immediately afterwards, wouldn't it reset your fall height to 2 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    couldn't it actually be 4 by default? I mean, Alter Time resets your position. if you use it 2 seconds before you hit the ground and immediately afterwards, wouldn't it reset your fall height to 2 seconds?
    Well ye I guess you could use AT as well^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well ye I guess you could use AT as well^^
    I'm not sure though. maybe it can't be used while in the air. I know I can't use heroic leap on my warrior while falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    I'm not sure though. maybe it can't be used while in the air. I know I can't use heroic leap on my warrior while falling.
    It does indeed, but if you lag, but you might die from lag anyways with it.. but really blink is almost always the safest bet as it will reset your fall speed even if it fails to port you to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a lore perspective, the Kirin Tor would probably ban porting to the Theramore ruins as it is now both geographically and magically unstable.

However, from a development point of view, the Alliance needed to have a portal to Kalimdor which was better connected than Darnassus.

Also, I remember we discussed this back in MoP Beta, we expected them to cut this teleport and make a new one in Feathermoon Stronghold, but it's better that the developers didn't waste time on it. There is also the issue of Theramore being phased between lower level characters who can quest there and higher levels who see the ruins.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    I've killed myself atleast 10-15 + times with this. If not more. I just click dalaran and alt tab..come back dead..lol. There should be under statistic "deaths to dalaran teleport (ancient) spell"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little confused on why this is a topic? I take the port daily for various reasons and haven't taken more than maybe 20% damage from the fall. I don't blink or slow fall and i'm not a panda.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I've killed myself atleast 10-15 + times with this. If not more. I just click dalaran and alt tab..come back dead..lol. There should be under statistic "deaths to dalaran teleport (ancient) spell"
    Same here. Now I have a massive spinning weak aura of a feather to remind me that either A) I haven't cast slow fall B) I'm casting the wrong teleport xD