Cool Springfield of The Simpsons in Orlando Florida

I'm suprised I haven't seen a thread of this yet, so I'll open one

You guys might know Universal Studios has a Simpsons motion simulator, well the Florida park is expanding into an entire Springfield section, featuring alongside the Kwik-E-Mart: Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, Gulp n Blow and the Android's Dungeon. These will open in fall 2013, with a Kang and Kodos-themed spinning flat ride in 2014.

Video:

Collection of pictures:

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/universal...287663513.html

This must be yet another impressing achievement by The Simpsons, receiving their own real life version of Springfield in a theme park. I'm personally going there in November, with a bunch of other guys. Not all of them are huge Simpson fans, but they are looking forward to visit the place nonetheless . Any more people interested in checking the place out?

Without any actual rides, that just looks like one gigantic giftshop and food court rolled into one. $$
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

There's a Simpsons Ride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_Ride), which is basically similiar to Back to the Future: The Ride.

A pity they removed the Back To The Future one trough

I went there a couple of years ago and I had such a blast on the ride. Some simulators don't quite match up of what you feel with what's going on the screen but that one did pretty good. I love they are expanding the area and can't wait to try a Krusty Burger.

They are also taking out the Jaws ride and putting an addition to the Harry Potter area.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend is there right now as I type this! I'll hear some cool stories about it later.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to try a Krusty Partially Gelatinated Non-Dairy Gum-Based Beverages!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it's just theme restaurants food, I wanna go so hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I went there a couple of years ago and I had such a blast on the ride. Some simulators don't quite match up of what you feel with what's going on the screen but that one did pretty good. I love they are expanding the area and can't wait to try a Krusty Burger.

They are also taking out the Jaws ride and putting an addition to the Harry Potter area.
    thats a shame i remember our family went there back when i was 7 or 8. the jaws ride was actually down for maintenance and my dad, who had a pretty good sense of humor, told me that the reason for it was because the shark had actually bit someones arm off.

needless to say when it opened a few hours later i really really didnt want to go on it lol. i think about it now and remember how terrified of it i was but then i think how funny that mustve been to my mom and dad. before we went on it he assured me that he was joking, just wanted to throw that out there so no one thinks my parents were bad parents

Wonder how many times that Kwik-E-Mart is going to be robbed

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Wonder how many times that Kwik-E-Mart is going to be robbed
    do you think anyone would get it if you wore a tshirt with a nametag that said "hello my name is Snake"?

I'm looking forward to drink my very first Duff beer and a Flaming Moe at Moe's tavern. Its like a dream coming true, I've always wanted to visit those places from the show