Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the LFR method is bad. I prefere those raids as 1 time story telling scenarios with npcs that help you. That way you could see the story too and the content, but won't be forced to farm it, every ID with either a main if its fresh or twinks.
    Too much farming destroys the game. Farming points should be pvp only, too. OR remove points completely, and you have to get to a rank/rating to to buy a set of gear with honor.

Entry gear for normal raids should be provided by more powerful 5man gear and more powerful crafts, that will also revive a bit the ah market.

All problems solved. ;>
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-07 at 11:21 PM.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    BC, sweet spot? hahaha... Oh he was serious. Raiding was fucking terrible. Running new member through old content because there was no way else to catch up, not being able to find members because people they started a few months late were so far behind, not being able to find members because they haven't finished getting the key for the place. Sure the raids themselves were find but the structure and organisation was a terrible mess. Trying to organise raids would have been so painful it wouldn't have been funny. Wrath fixed these problems.

I feel sorry for lol if this is a dev that is even taken back by nostalgia and not logic.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Ok, raids are exclusive? Then do what? Hunting rares (mobs, pets, mounts)? They are exclusive due to CRZ. Leveling alt? Fun is excluded due to CRZ and awful leveling system (snorefest on rails with heavy de-powering at 80->90 dings). Hunting achievements? Excluded in some areas by CRZ, and partly due to mess which is Account-Wide achievs now. Enjoying 5-men (esp. as tank/healer)? Excluded by MoP.

Too many exclusions, why even bother? When you will keep telling player "you are not entitled to this, you are not entitled to that" in each aspect of the game, it won't end well.
    None of these fit the definition of exclusive. And no, you're not entitled to anything that other than game access.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

i agree with him :|

i see it like he does

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I guess about 8 million people disagree with him. It's easy to stand at the side and comment on things, but he's just like anybody else and he has no idea what is good or bad for WoW. Seeing how well WoW is still doing, 4,5 years after TBC ended, Blizzard must have done something right. Too bad for that minority that wants exclusive content, this is not the game to get it in. Go play EVE or something.
    So it's impossible to prefer the philosophies from the former expansions and still have an active account?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I guess about 8 million people disagree with him.
    Looking at TBC you mean 10 million people agree with him?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Actually, I think his opinion is worse than the random forum poster. The random forum poster is never going to be in a position of designing content for a hugely popular game that's played by millions of people. As such, random forum posters can express opinions in the theoretical.

Scott is a lead content designer for one of the most played games in the world. As such he is able to actually put his opinions into action. And his actions frankly contradict his opinion. He's not willing to put exclusive content into LoL, but he's criticizing WoW for making content too accessible.

edit: As an example, a random poster on slashdot decrying closed software platforms and adamant that open platforms are the way to go. That's just a guy stating his opinion. Tom Cook criticizing Google Play Store for being too much of a walled garden. That's a huge WTF?!?!
    Wow, you come off close minded and defensive. He showered Blizzard, WoW, and GC with praise throughout his posts and how much respect he has for them. All he was stating was his opinion and the model he personally would prefer is closer to BC. Yes that is wildly detrimental to the glass is half full internet.

LoL and WoW are different games for different audiences, it doesn't mean he can never comment on features he doesn't have in his own game. I assume he can't have an opinion on CoD in your eyes either since LoL isn't a FPS so he would have no idea what he's talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Well i agree with him... TBC was the sweet spot, and the best time i have ever had in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Wow, you come off close minded and defensive. He showered Blizzard, WoW, and GC with praise throughout his posts and how much respect he has for them. All he was stating was his opinion and the model he personally would prefer is closer to BC. Yes that is wildly detrimental to the glass is half full internet.

LoL and WoW are different games for different audiences, it doesn't mean he can never comment on features he doesn't have in his own game. I assume he can't have an opinion on CoD in your eyes either since LoL isn't a FPS so he would have no idea what he's talking about.
    He can give his opinion on the best recipe for Sangria if he wants to. I'm just saying that the fact that he does the exact opposite of what he says is good game design makes his opinion worth less than a random forum poster.

Obviously he has an idea what he's talking about. He's a very important content designer for one of the biggest if not THE biggest games in the world. And in his facility as a content designer, he's made sure that there's absolutely no exclusive content at all in LoL. So his criticism of Blizzard has a "do as I say, not as I do" quality to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Looking at TBC you mean 10 million people agree with him?
    I think you meant 13 mln WotlK players don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    He can give his opinion on the best recipe for Sangria if he wants to. I'm just saying that the fact that he does the exact opposite of what he says is good game design makes his opinion worth less than a random forum poster.

Obviously he has an idea what he's talking about. He's a very important content designer for one of the biggest if not THE biggest games in the world. And in his facility as a content designer, he's made sure that there's absolutely no exclusive content at all in LoL. So his criticism of Blizzard has a "do as I say, not as I do" quality to it.
    You have to stop this LoL and WoW comparison. It just doesn't work.

LoL never had exclusive content like WoW did. He's saying Blizz changed their philosophy from a few getting to see end game content (BC) to everyone getting to see it (Wrath). That's a severe change that has not happened in LoL.
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Couldn't agree more with Morello!

LoL never had exclusive content like WoW did. He's saying Blizz changed their philosophy from a few getting to see end game content (BC) to everyone getting to see it (Wrath). That's a severe change that has not happened in LoL.
    And he's saying this change was bad, on the contrary WoW had its peak in WotlK, while excusivity almost didn't exist, so his opinion matters like what? zero? Yup.

The title of this thread is "League of Legends Lead Content Designer 'Morello' Scott talks about World of Warcraft" and I have to stop the LoL and WoW comparisons? A Lead Content Designer talks about someone else's content design and I shouldn't be pointing out what said Lead Content Designer has been designing?

LoL never had exclusive content and it's massively popular. All the other games that had exclusive content have shrunk to nothingness or died away. WoW has survived much better than other MMOs and has gone to great lengths to make content less exclusive. Makes you think that maybe exclusive content isn't a great idea these days, doesn't it?

"I'm saying I don't think raids should be inclusive, as the exclusivity of content creates a psychological trick in your brain that makes the game feel endless...."

That quote sums up my feelings of the game. The guild I was in during TBC could not get Kael down for a long time. We worked on him for months. But it was fun. We knew that when we finally did achieve it that Illidan was awaiting. That gave us something to strive for. The rep grinds/etc. were all part of it. We worked on them to better our toons so we could get closer to Black Temple. It was a group effort outside of raid nights as we were all motivated and excited to do it. We did not look at the BT guilds negatively. We strived to join them.

I've always played alts, even during TBC. But once that feeling left and we could see all content this became a game of alts and gear IMO. Instead of a cooperative MMO for raiding or getting my toon ready for raiding (IMO) it became a one player MMO for advancing all my toons regardless of raiding. Our guild has gone from 40+ strong in TBC to barely 10 raiders in MoP.

I am by no means all players, but this guy does say some of what I believe.
    Last edited by Revak; 2013-06-08 at 12:20 AM.

I agree with Morello, TBC was the sweet spot, and the most fun I ever had in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    So if Waylon Jennings comments on a Cannibal Corpse record, it's a highly qualified opinion?
    Yes. If you don't think it would then your a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    I agree with Morello, TBC was the sweet spot, and the most fun I ever had in WoW.
    I ever had in any game I played.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    How can a LoL "developer" be considered as one? LoL is a perfect copy of DotA without some things, they added next to nothing, how can be anything considered contents in that game? Moreover,how can a moba "content developer" talk about mmo contents?^^
    You can't be serious. You've clearly never played either game.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

First I have to say, what he writes about "want" and "need" is right and he describes it very well (from his point of view). And I also think, he's right, when saying exclusiv content (aka raids) where a good thing in TBC. But(!) I disagree with his oppinion, that the TBC-model would work today. Times changed and so the mentality and experience of most players. Back in TBC (end of 2006-2008) there was simply no other MMORPG with such a high subscriber-number. There was just no alternative and noone expectet to clear current content if you were not member of an appropiate raiding guild.

But as said, times changed, other games were released, so why should I play WoW and doing PvE, when the only thing I can do is to go the same 5-men-heroics over and over and I'm just excluded from the major(!) PvE-content: raids, not even because I'm a bad player, but 'cause I simply cannot not progress at any means. Indeed, exclusiv content has the advantage of creating a mysterious atmosphere in the game; there's something you heard of, but you know, you will never know, what's really going on there. But if there is just nothing else you can do, this won't be enough to hold you.

As said before, players mentality changed over time, maybe it was accelerated by the new WotLK-raiddesign, but I think, without the changes in Wrath, WoW would not have over 8mio players anymore.

The problem is now, that people who wants to raid, can raid, but there is nothing they cannot reach, except for heroic mode, but even I have to admit, that lfr/nhc/hc is the same content-wise. Killing Lei Shen in LFR means you have cleared the content (okay, from time to time there is a heroic-only boss like Ra-Den/Sinestra/Algalon), so for you there is nothing you can achieve after this. To be honest, I don't see any solution for this problem ^^

If you would say in LoL you need an specific ELO/MMR (or whatever it is called, I'm just level 22, so I'm a LoL-noob ^^) to play 5vs5 would be the dead of this game. Making content exclusiv for "good" players mean, most players (as they are often bad) cannot play the games core-content. And today, if I'm not allowed (due to the lack of skill) to actually play a game, so why play it anyway and regarding WoW why the hell pay for it?

I think WoW is going the right way with MoP. Cata was just a bad expansion, only T11 and Ragnaros HC were good, rest of the raids, especially dragon soul was simply bad and there was really nothing else you can do. In MoP you have good raids (I would even say, ToT > Ulduar!) and so much more to do, for my taste a bit too much (as raiding consumes much time for me). But even if you're just going LFR, you can(!) do many other things like Brawler's Guild (really nice content), do dailys (I've heard, there are people who do not dislike them!), run challenge modes (I like them, too) or whatever...

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

The expansion is not The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    You can't be serious. You've clearly never played either game.
    But I have, I got nearly 1000 hours on dota and I've played LoL too, not as much thought, since I don't like a gimped copy version with no denying.