Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I think it would help, it wouldn't be the correct solution, but it would help. If for example Blizz said that only way to get tier and epic gear is through normals+ ... it would be an incentive for ppl to stick around and gear with purples. Even better with 5.4 if you said that purple gear drops in flexible raids+ you would see ppl dropping LFR and together as a community making an effort to hunt that purple gear down. As it is ppl are in the letargic LFR is boring, but good enough for me mode, why bother with harder stuff ... and it illustrates the difference between what ppl want and what ppl need.
    From this, it sounds like transmogrification is more of a culprit here than LFR. If you dropped LFR or made the gear worthless, the exclusive item draw to normal+ raiding would still be what it is now, the item level and stats on the gear. Even if LFR didn't exist, normal + would still have to compete with pugging and soloing old raids, all of which provide visually superior rewards with less commitment and interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    So I think the want vs need does apply here and the Morello post is true in that regard though it's just common knowledge. As for the rest I think it's more about room for progress than about exclusivity, but what do I know
    I don't even strictly disagree with what he's saying.

What I am disagreeing with is the notion that WoW's "downfall" is often solely related to the removal of exclusive content when in reality, there have been quite a few factors that caused the decline in subscriptions. Him claiming that keeping exclusive content in the game would've changed that is just ignorant. Ignorant in the most literal sense of the word, as Morello (as so many forum users) just chooses to ignore the circumstances under which WoW is operating that have changed dramatically.

I mean, let's say you switched from a Chevy to a Ford. The Ford was stolen in front of your house. Do you ignore the fact that your Chevy was locked 100% of the time when it was parked whereas you never locked your Ford? Would it mean that Chevy's cars are generally harder to steal? No, it wouldn't. You couldn't form any sort of conclusion about whether Chevys or Fords are harder to steal when you left one unlocked and the other one locked.

Leaving out very important stuff like this in any debate would make the person in question look a bit questionable in my book.

Morello OP.