My main problem with GW2

The main hate I have with GW2 is probably not what most of you might think, its not something I tend to read other people talking about anyway..
    Main reason I like MMO's is for the social side and cooperative play, I prefer PVE and I am used to cooperatively playing with others as part of a team but in GW2 it just isnt the same.

I dont mind that there isnt any raids, I am fine with dungeons but I hate the fact its just every man for themself. Not really any team work, just everyone attacking.. healing themselves, just feels like every man for himself too much for my liking
    What you think about this?
    I got to level 50 ish btw, kinda stopped playing now though and moved back to another thats soon going f2p

We have had dozens of threads on combat, the absence of a role trinity and the general "chaos" of combat in Guild Wars 2. So it has been discussed thoroughly.

That said, it is intentional that GW2 feels "chaotic", to put it simply. Combat is closer to an ACTION, or classical Arcade style, video game than traditional MMOs.

It isn't actually "every man for himself" to be honest. We do help each other in game by course. The catch [so to speak] is that the nature of combat [as above] grants each class a lot of independence. While it is nice to have help/cooperation, that is not totally necessary to succeed.

My sister described it as: "Soloing next to other people."

Which is par for the course of her cheeky/deviant thought process.

Sounds like you prefer a more structured combat system yes?

Thats the right term I was looking for, role trinity.
    Didnt want to have started another thread that was already discussed, wasnt aware

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Sounds like you prefer a more structured combat system yes?
    I like everything about GW2, the combat is good. I just want the role trinity back

You will need teamwork in fractals.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    I like everything about GW2, the combat is good. I just want the role trinity back
    The irony is that if they did have a role trinity everything about GW2 combat currently wouldn't work. The combat functions as it does in part because there are no hard defined roles.

The emphasis on constant movement, kiting, CC, auto fire skills, the stat system, traits, self heals, collision, dodging, et cetera-- all that works in large part because we don't have a meat shield/heal bot/zapper.

There are plenty of instances for cooperation in the game, really, the difference is that you're not really required to "socialize" as part of that group activity. I've had plenty of times where I was wandering around and linked up with random folks as we cut our way into somewhere, with some map chat along the way, but we didn't have to group up to do it via some interface option.

What about these new games, Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar.. has it been revealed what they will be like. Will they have role trinity or will they be like GW2?

What about these new games, Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar.. has it been revealed what they will be like. Will they have role trinity or will they be like GW2?
    Those are questions best asked in their own pre-existing threads.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Wildstar

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ee-NDA-Sticky)

Wildstar = Yes.
    TESO = Probably no more trinity than GW2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Wildstar has a hard trinity, Elder Scrolls Online has a soft trinity.

Both have their own mega threads for more robust discussion on those titles.

Thanks for all responses guys