Deleted

Angry balance druid - tips

I know that a LOT of people keep asking for tips ect... i want to know What i am doing wrong on ma druid since my dps is kinda low for 520 in my opinion ...

since am not allowed to post any links (if u wow-europe me at "armandoo" on "twisting nether-eu" druid that should be me

around 110k is kinda low on single target....

(i regemed for haste to see if the 3rd breakpoint helps anything but it seems that it stays the same) quick answers and i can provide u my id to talk me throught if u want )

thanks for reading this anw

PS(am an 7 y player but played boom only this expantion so am not super experienced)

Quote Originally Posted by armandos View Post
    I know that a LOT of people keep asking for tips ect... i want to know What i am doing wrong on ma druid since my dps is kinda low for 520 in my opinion ...

since am not allowed to post any links (if u wow-europe me at "armandoo" on "twisting nether-eu" druid that should be me

around 110k is kinda low on single target....

(i regemed for haste to see if the 3rd breakpoint helps anything but it seems that it stays the same) quick answers and i can provide u my id to talk me throught if u want )

thanks for reading this anw

PS(am an 7 y player but played boom only this expantion so am not super experienced)
    I'd say stick with the 5273 breakpoint and then go crit, getting the Meta will really help as well.

500 below hit cap, probably missing 5/10% of spells?

also just go for the lower haste cap then punch crit out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I'd say stick with the 5273 breakpoint and then go crit, getting the Meta will really help as well.
    No, the problem is that he isn't hitcapped.

You have two options to fix this:

One:
    Socket an Expertise/Haste gem in the following sockets:
    - Gloves
    - Chest
    - Shoulders

Why? Expertise now also counts as spellhit for casters with a 1:1 ration. Those 3 sockets will give you 480 extra hit, which is only slightly more than what you needed (You are missing 467 hit rating). At the same time you won't be losing any haste, and sacrificing only 100 int (since your gloves has a red socket requirement) and 160 crit to obtain this, which is worth it.

Two:
    But when looking again on your reforges, you could also fix this by swapping the reforges around on your chest and bracers. Reforge the mastery to haste (since mastery is our weakest stat). And then you should swap the gems in your shoulders and gloves around, if my calculations are correct, you should be right on the 10296 GCD cap even with these reforges. This simple change will also allow you to get 60 more intellect due the socket bonus, and with new reforges on your chest and bracers, you will be over the hit cap by 123 rating. Losing the 60 spirits from the shoulder socket bonus will not have an effect since it is excess spirit that won't be giving you any extra dps, while the int from the gloves will.

I personally would go with option 2 because you aren't going to be sacrificing any valuable stats such as int and crit to get back to the hit cap and you'd be trading in Mastery for it, which is our worst stat as I mentioned previously. While the odd 60 spirit/hit that you'd end up above the hit cap would be essentially wasted points, it is better than sacrificing your good stats to get back to the hit cap.

Aside from that, I'd suggest that you stick with the 10296 GCD cap, it just makes moving between eclipses a lot smoother and mistakes are punished to a lesser extent. And as long as you aren't dropping below 6-7k crit, it is more beneficial than going full out crit, I'd say. Besides, with a full out crit build, you'd end up wasting more of your SS procs as the amount of targets go up.
    From simulations, both the GCD haste cap build and the 5273 haste/rest crit build are doing about the same dps on single target. And as you get more upgrades, your crit and haste will eventually be around the same level.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-06-07 at 10:38 PM.

well if you just want tips and not gearing advice some normal tips would be:

* Start at 75 toward Lunar and open with starfall - wrath - starsurge - dots - starfall once last one expires - push to 0 energy - celestial alignment - nukes (starfire/starsurges) - starfall onec last one expires - refresh dots as they expire or celestial alignment is about to expire
    * Mushroom a spot prepull and explode them during your solar incarnation (if you have it) or during celestial alignment/solar eclipse
    * Only cast starsurge one time while in Solar to get more eclipsed casts off, starsurge can be cast again once at 5 energy
    * Make sure you are always following eclipse properly and not casting unneeded wraths/starfires
    * Always keep up at least 1 eclipsed dot active and maintain dot uptimes of both dots around 95% or higher
    * When forced to move use the GCD on a shooting stars proc or to refresh dots (but do not override an eclipsed dot with an uneclipsed one)
    * If using force of nature try to summon them while intellect procs are active

If you are doing all that stuff and DPS is still low its likely a gear issue, I didnt armory you personally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    well if you just want tips and not gearing advice some normal tips would be:

* Start at 75 toward Lunar and open with starfall - wrath - starsurge incarnation- dots - starfall once last one expires - push to 0 energy - celestial alignment - nukes (starfire/starsurges) - starfall onec last one expires - refresh dots as they expire or celestial alignment is about to expire
    * Mushroom a spot prepull and explode them during your solar incarnation (if you have it) or during celestial alignment/solar eclipse
    * Only cast starsurge one time while in Solar to get more eclipsed casts off, starsurge can be cast again once at 5 energy not the case in higher gear levels, starsurge as much as possible
    * Make sure you are always following eclipse properly and not casting unneeded wraths/starfires
    * Always keep up at least 1 eclipsed dot active and maintain dot uptimes of both dots around 95% or higher
    * When forced to move use the GCD on a shooting stars proc or to refresh dots (but do not override an eclipsed dot with an uneclipsed one)
    * If using force of nature try to summon them while intellect procs are active iirc they dont scale with int, however are affected by haste procs from trinkets and natures grace

If you are doing all that stuff and DPS is still low its likely a gear issue, I didnt armory you personally
    faster eclipses means better NG uptime and more starfall, cycle as often as you can except when theres alot of adds that need to die
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    iirc they dont scale with int, however are affected by haste procs from trinkets and natures grace
    Please refrain from commenting on things you don't know. The treants do scale with spellpower, crit and haste, but not with eclipse. They scale dynamically, with a delay tho.