Rapture, the weird friend.

How do you track it? Or it's not needed?
    Should I cast it whenever I like, or when Rapture is off CD?
    I'd like a way to track it with TellMeWhen addon if possible.
    HALP!

Deleted
    Technically you should cast PWs whenever it's off cd to gain the mana from rapture (especially with lesser gear as I'm guessing you might run into mana problems).

There are addons that track it for you, ie Ingela's Rapture, but you can certainly set it up on both TMW and Weak Auras.

The import string for TMW is ^1^T^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SName^SRapture:~`12 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STexts^T ^N1^S ^t^t^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SCustomTex^S47536 ^SUnAlpha^N0.5 ^t^N61103^S~`~| ^Sicon^^

Though I'm pretty sure you need to add a sound effect to it manually (click on Events on the bottom tab when said string is imported, add sound on display.

You can easily google a WA string too if needed.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-06-07 at 09:26 PM.

Oh, this isn´t about Bioshock, right?

Deleted
    If you want to set it up without the string yourself:

Select Internal CD
    In the choose name/id box write Rapture:12
    In the texture box write 47537
    Show Timer/Show Timer Text are ticked on
    Make sure the Triggered By has the first option(Buff/Debuff/Energize etc) enabled
    Show Icon, tick the Always

Enable it, lock the icons and relog. Should work
    And again, if you want to add a sound, which can be very handy, just do it on the Event tab. Though I think many people prefer Ingela's Rapture addon as it's very light weight, comes with a sound and is very simple.

I don't track it. Last tier I did because I felt it was more important with all the spirit procs. Now I roll 10k spirit so gives back just over 1k mana more than the shield cost, so meh.

After the changes that blizz made to Rapture, I dont treat it as a mana regen anymore. It is more of a tool to offset the increased mana cost to casting pw:shield. You should be looking at your Mindbender/Solace usage if you're running into mana problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    If you want to set it up without the string yourself:

And again, if you want to add a sound, which can be very handy, just do it on the Event tab. Though I think many people prefer Ingela's Rapture addon as it's very light weight, comes with a sound and is very simple.
    yeah I found this yesterday, thanks google, thanks Tenaru

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phenytoin View Post
    After the changes that blizz made to Rapture, I dont treat it as a mana regen anymore. It is more of a tool to offset the increased mana cost to casting pw:shield. You should be looking at your Mindbender/Solace usage if you're running into mana problems.
    I'm not, for now at least, I'm not max level yet, just sorting out add-ons that I will be needing already

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I don't track it. Last tier I did because I felt it was more important with all the spirit procs. Now I roll 10k spirit so gives back just over 1k mana more than the shield cost, so meh.
    Why would you not want to cast a free 100-150k instant heal whenever you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Why would you not want to cast a free 100-150k instant heal whenever you can?
    Who says he isn't using PW:S? He's just not tracking Rapture anymore. And that's because mana no longer matters.

I'm casting PW:S in raids more often than the Rapture cooldown now on a lot of fights. That combined with the meta gem procs... I haven't been paying attention to Rapture much either.
    Last edited by meddle; 2013-06-10 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meddle View Post
    Who says he isn't using PW:S? He's just not tracking Rapture anymore. And that's because mana no longer matters.

I'm casting PW:S in raids more often than the Rapture cooldown now on a lot of fights. That combined with the meta gem procs... I haven't been paying attention to Rapture much either.
    Yeah idd after the meta gem came into the play and mana issues seem to have vanished into the thin air. Still tracking it but quite a bit less than in last tier.

Yeah PW:S is amazing. Mine crit for well over 400k sometimes with wings up and absorb entire interrupting jolts lol. Rapture will proc in its own time and offset the cost of continued PW:S usage. I don't need to track it.

If they didn't fix borrowed time this patch PW:S spam would be out of control. It feels a bit slow now though missing my perma +15% haste buff