Feral leveling advice please

I have never played a class with a resource other than mana before. Been wanting to try out a feral druid so began leveling one yesterday. Im having trouble with energy management though. If I end up with 3-4 mobs attacking me I can pretty much 2 shot the first one and the second one but then Im energy starved for the remaining ones. Will energy regen ever go up or do I get something that makes it more efficient? Because killing 1-2 mobs and then having no energy for the other 1-2 mobs doesnt seem very efficient. Also whats a good addon to track stuff like Tiger's Fury and Savage Roar that I can position above my unit frames. I use quartz to track my bleeds but whenever I switch it to show my buffs it shows them all. I just want to see short duration buffs and trinket procs.

You should state what level you are. Yes it is problematic at lower levels but I imagine it is for most classes. Since going bear is no longer helpful your best bet is judicious use of CD's and running away while you regen. I use Weak Auras to track buffs. Bad Kitty or DroodFocus are also helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    You should state what level you are.
    just hit level 24

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by termgp20 View Post
    just hit level 24
    Not much you can do, energy regen is just low. Here's what I recommend though if you are fighting more than one mob: get your dots up on all of them. Rake and Rip if you can, then just auto-attack until they die. XD At level 28 I think you get Thrash too, which you can use once as an aoe dot.

OK was reading up on the spec and saw that at 30 I will get Primal Fury and then at 38 I get Omen of Clarity. Will those help my energy problems?

10+ Year Old Account
    OK was reading up on the spec and saw that at 30 I will get Primal Fury and then at 38 I get Omen of Clarity. Will those help my energy problems?
    A little bit but not too much. Your crit will be low at that level (unless you are hunting the AH for crit items) so Primal Fury won't proc often. Omen of Clarity is naturally a low proc rate so you won't see it much while leveling. Those 2 abilities are most effective on long fights.

Well ya PF will have a chance at another combo point when crit, but OoC will proc off auto attacks, giving him a free damage attack. Only other thing I would add is keep using tiger's Fury when its up, but paw for a bit till you get like 20 energy before using it.

Yes, Energy regeneration is kind of a pain, and it still is at 90, since Ferals put a low priority on Haste by default. When you get Soul of the Forest, it helps massively, and getting more critical strikes with your combo point builders also makes your rotation quite a bit easier.

At your level, there's not much to do about the rotation itself, so let's just talk how to get around the problems. First off, as soon as you get a glyph slot, get yourself Glyph of Prowl. This will allow you to spend most of your time in stealth, which makes soloing infinitely more fun though it's otherwise not of much use outside of PvP.

Think like a Rogue. Stealth around to isolate mobs that are alone and placed where you won't get patrols. You'll get Pounce in a few levels, which is really nice when soloing, since it stuns the target and applies a bleed, so you can use TF, get a couple of big Shreds off and hopefully down your target before it even gets a chance to attack.

Also, for survivability, use your Predatory Swiftness. This is a wonderful thing Ferals get that makes Healing Touch part of our standard rotation even at 90. After you use a finisher like Savage Roar or Ferocious Bite, use HT while still in Cat Form. It'll activate instantly to top you off nicely and won't unshift you. You can also use it with Entangling Roots or Cyclone if you need to immobilize a mob.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-06-08 at 06:03 AM.

Leveling as feral is really easy.
    Prowl is your best friend. You prowl behind your enemy, you open with ravage followed by shred and most of the monsters die right away. If you fight elites(I'm not sure that they even still exist in the world), you can open with pounce put rake and do few shreds while it's still stunned. I don't really remember a situation when monster lived so long I was able to put rip on it.
    From level25 you can use Glyph of Savagery which allows you to use savage roar without combopoints. It can be used in stealth, so use it few seconds before you open on a mob. When you kill the mob, use SR again, you can "pick up" combopoints from dead mob for quite a long time and on a long distance from the corpse.

Leveling as feral is one of the easiest and most fun ways of leveling. Hope you'll enjoy it.

35 now and been doing some random dungeons and im again finding myself out of energy all the time. Tanks are pulling 10-15 at a time so I thrash, then swipe, and then out of energy.

35 now and been doing some random dungeons and im again finding myself out of energy all the time. Tanks are pulling 10-15 at a time so I thrash, then swipe, and then out of energy.
    Why would you play cat in a lowlevel dungeon when you can go bear and get faster queues and 3-4 times more dps?
    Thrash, swipe --> tigers fury --> thrash, swipe --> 15 seconds running to another pack --> thrash, swipe -- tigers fury, etc.
    You should be extremely happy that you have any sort of aoe, because until recent changes cats learned swipe almost at max level.
    Managing energy is not an easy task, so start learning it from your low levels.
    Cat dps rotation is complicated, you are supposed to think about what will be your next ability instead of smashing buttons nonstop like some other classes do.

That doesn't change until you get Berserk. If you are energy-starved, go into Bear Form to apply Thrash (not on pull!!)