Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    "10/10 doesn't mean perfect" - That's a quote from the picture aswell. It seems that these days to get a high rating is: Have good graphics and good gameplay. That's all what it takes these days.
    ...how do you give something a 10 out of 10 and then say its not perfect? A 10 out of 10 implys that the game does everything it sets out to do right if not then its not a 10

This is why reviews should go off of a 1 to 100 scale instead of 1 to 10 and round to the nearest whole number

I actually felt the gameplay was so precise and enjoyable when you played as Ellie. Joel is too slow and clunky for me. The AI is definitely poor.

You kill a guy, one of his buddies comes over to see him, shouts out a man down, nobody else comes, and you just clip the 2nd guy. That's setting single player gameplay back a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    ...how do you give something a 10 out of 10 and then say its not perfect? A 10 out of 10 implys that the game does everything it sets out to do right if not then its not a 10

This is why reviews should go off of a 1 to 100 scale instead of 1 to 10 and round to the nearest whole number
    I think the whole rating system is flawed these days anyway. Can't trust the ratings anymore. It's back to the old way: Wait till a friend has the game and let him tell you about it. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    I actually felt the gameplay was so precise and enjoyable when you played as Ellie. Joel is too slow and clunky for me. The AI is definitely poor.

You kill a guy, one of his buddies comes over to see him, shouts out a man down, nobody else comes, and you just clip the 2nd guy. That's setting single player gameplay back a decade.
    From what I hear, Survivor Mode gives you better AI. I played it through on Normal over the weekend and was very very impressed by the story, but a bit underwhelmed by the AI. The listen mode makes it all much easier. In survivor difficulty, you do not have Listen Mode. This should make the game a bit more difficult as you can no longer see through walls and entire houses.

You also have less resources. Less ammo and enemies can take a few more hits.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:23 PM ----------

How do you block Spoiler information? I want to discuss the ending but I don't want to ruin anything.

By adding "[ spoiler ]" at the beginning (without the spaces ofcourse) and ending with "[ /spoiler ]"

Deleted
    My god, the faces in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    By adding "[ spoiler ]" at the beginning (without the spaces ofcourse) and ending with "[ /spoiler ]"
    Thanks much Gereorth!

The ending had me very very conflicted. It left me questioning so much. At first I was thinking, damn..Joel is one selfish bastard! Letting his past effect the future of man kind like that. I mean, it's understandable after a year of being with Ellie to grow emotionally attached. The girl has saved your life countless times and confided all of her trust in you. How could a man just allow her to die, she is his entire life at this point. She has grown closer to him than his own brother.

But in the same, he has doomed all of mankind. He also lied to her, showing her that he is selfish. She did not seem thrilled that he saved her. She seemed just as conflicted as I was.

But what if he was right? Granted it was a lie, but how can she be the only person who is immune? They never specified why she is immune, why is she so special? There must be others who are immune. But will they make it alive? Will they offer their lives for the better of the human race?

Will we find out in future DLC's? Is this all being saved for the sequel? I need to know!!!

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 03:43 PM ----------

LMAO! My friend just asked why they didn't just use Tinactin!! Brilliant!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Since they don't feel like making extra profit I will never get to play this. I don't even know anyone with a PS3. If i could get this on PC i would be happy to throw money at them.
    Naughty Dog the developers of Last of Us (and Uncharted) are owned by Sony, i.e. part of Sony.

So ya ...

So far an amazing game, even trough its too ''movie like''. I can see why the game got hyped so bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So far an amazing game, even trough its too ''movie like''. I can see why the game got hyped so bad
    It's a good mix I think. In the end there is definitely more gameplay unlike games like, say, Heavy Rain. There is just enough cinema to really enhance the story.

Really my only complaint about this game is human enemies. The AI isn't perfect so it seems like to compensate and make an area more difficult they throw more enemies at you to try and overwhelm you. Uncharted was similar in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It's a good mix I think. In the end there is definitely more gameplay unlike games like, say, Heavy Rain. There is just enough cinema to really enhance the story.

Really my only complaint about this game is human enemies. The AI isn't perfect so it seems like to compensate and make an area more difficult they throw more enemies at you to try and overwhelm you. Uncharted was similar in this regard.
    I guess you could make it more fun for yourself to limit by using one weapon. When it's out of ammo, force yourself to shoot another time for the empty 'click' and enemies will engages you. Makes it more fun, for me atleast.

But I agree. It felt like they threw in more enemies to make it more difficult instead of making the enemies tougher. I have to say, I've found myself getting flanked quite a lot of times aswell (luckily Ellie got her eyes open and warned me everytime).
    Especially when you're driving the truck and you get ambushed. You're sitting in that store and you don't realy know what the good spot is to hide, especially the first time. And I kept getting flanked from the sides and assaulted from behind me. I think the AI responded at it's best there (atleast in my playhtrough).

Deleted
    Took me 17 hours to complete and not a moment too soon either. I felt like the whole thing was dragged out with too much pointless filler. Oh look, here's some water, guess I'd better dive in and find another pallet for Ellie to float on. Again. Oh look, here's a wall, better stand here and press triangle so I can help someone climb over. Etc.

I thought the enemies soaked up way too many bullets. It took a whole clip from an assault rifle to down someone, and other enemies who were only wearing a shirt managed to survive a point blank shotgun blast to the face. I mean really? I loved the dark parts where you had to navigate through clickers, they were good.

By the end I was tired of Joel, I just thought he was a grumpy jerk.

Deleted
    It is really good game, not ground breaking. But still one of better story games released in last few years. Walking Dead by Telltale still takes the cake though

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Took me 17 hours to complete and not a moment too soon either. I felt like the whole thing was dragged out with too much pointless filler. Oh look, here's some water, guess I'd better dive in and find another pallet for Ellie to float on. Again. Oh look, here's a wall, better stand here and press triangle so I can help someone climb over. Etc.
    A simple gameplay element that has been repeated too much in the game. I hear you. Seems unlikely how much they repeated the pallet-floating. Surely, in the beginning when you're with Tess, it makes sense. High walls, you boost one up and the other pulls you up. It's just simply easier to reach higher places. But some of the elements didn't make too much sense, I agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    It is really good game, not ground breaking. But still one of better story games released in last few years. Walking Dead by Telltale still takes the cake though
    That's a tough one. I find the storytelling quality pretty similar, but TLoU has better gameplay and overall production value.

Still haven't tried multiplayer. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Still haven't tried multiplayer. Is it worth it?
    It's different, like most games with multiplayer the ones that I've played at least theres nothing really OP about the multiplayer in The Last of Us and you don't level up guns or level up a rank. You have to survive 12 weeks (1 match = 1 day) as either the Hunters or Fireflies whatever faction you pick doesn't really matter mostly for the trophies.

The further you get into the weeks you get more clan members they're not real players just a number really but you have to try to keep them from dying/hungry/getting sick. You do that by getting supplies from playing matches when you kill someone they drop supplies and the total parts you got in the match get converted into supplies. Once you get like 120 clan members it starts to get pretty hard to get that many supplies every match and once in a while a mission will pop up and you have to do it stuff like kill so many players within 3 days or heal so many teammates.

If you did bad the match before the mission pops up you will lose clan members no matter what but if you did good (got enough supplies for all your clan members that match) you will gain members. Apparently you can possibly get reset back to week 1 if you lost all of your clan members which you would have to do really really bad for that to happen I think. I'm enjoying it because its fresh, something new its worth trying imo.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2013-06-18 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just beat it. Won't spoil a thing just going to say i loved it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    snip
    So it's not the typical game types. That sounds really really cool. I am definitely going to have to try it. Thanks for the info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just began my new game plus run through, Much easier with powered up skills and weapons lol. Not that the game was incredibly hard on normal to begin with. But having fully modded 9mm and Revolver right from the start is quite nice. Now I can sit back and collect parts for the shot gun a bow. Silent killer, till you are up close, then VERY LOUD KILLER!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post

I thought the enemies soaked up way too many bullets. It took a whole clip from an assault rifle to down someone, and other enemies who were only wearing a shirt managed to survive a point blank shotgun blast to the face. I mean really? I loved the dark parts where you had to navigate through clickers, they were good.

By the end I was tired of Joel, I just thought he was a grumpy jerk.
    The reason for the water "puzzle" stuff is to help give time for the next part to load, which is worth it imo, not a single loading screen except at the start.

Best game I've ever played. The ending was perfect.