Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    hunters are what makes all the others melees that great since with current burst you can die while healer is in a scatter and not even a trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters keep casters in check though. I wish they nerfed BM, Frost Mages and toned down UH, Feral pressure then it would frankly be balanced as far as dps goes.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

bring back hunter dead zone = problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    hotfix inc next reset.
    confirmed by holinka

i honestly do not mind hunters that much since ele / ferals and mages are all retarded atm.
    hunters are the only ones carrying melee vs casters atm.. once that is gone it is back to harrypotter craft again. i really hope the hotfixes carry some changes to ele shamans as well.
    saw this too.. thank f*cking christ. hunter is actually carrying ferals too.. you'll see if they take a meaningful nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Then Give us back our mellee weapons and abilities.

rogues too i hope..

Deleted
    Every arena match I play and encounter hunters, it comes down to 2 situations:
    1. Hunter is a nooblet. We win.
    2. Hunter has some manner of clue and gear. We lose.

Most of the time one of us drops in the 1st 3 secs to extremely skilled burst while the healer is cc-ed (so hard to get a 3 sec cc in). If we survive the opener, rarely, we have a chance at beating the enemy team.

Hunters are totally fine. I mean it's not like their burst is on a very short cd, don't need to hard cast anything and they also have a mob that hits like a truck. Why, they're the most balanced class in wow.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-08 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitagethethird View Post
    Then Give us back our mellee weapons and abilities.
    You gained more than you lost, you would not suffer from it like you try to make it out to be.
    I personally shelved my hunter since Wrath and having no minimum range. I do agree that it should be balanced just saying that hunters losing minimum range removed about 60% of the skill playing one in PvP and I miss it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Then take away some mobility from ferals and monks.
    GL ever killing one if deadzone comes back. Can barely keep one off me as is (ferals more so.)
    edit, oh and all this would really do is make MORE hunters play bm, which is the spec causing problems, as most of their damage is from the pet which isn't affected by the deadzone

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about synergy haha.
    When I play my half geared hunter together with an Enh shammy we kill people in a global paired with a silence/scatter trap. If not killed in that global a hex on the healer will do the job.

Deleted
    I've looked at this problem for ages, and the above is not the answer at all.
    To solve BM OP'ness, make readiness MM-only once again and the problem is gone.
    I have no clue what so ever to why blizzard decided to take such a specc-oriented talent and make it viable to all speccs... They went full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    hotfix inc next reset.
    confirmed by holinka

i honestly do not mind hunters that much since ele / ferals and mages are all retarded atm.
    hunters are the only ones carrying melee vs casters atm.. once that is gone it is back to harrypotter craft again. i really hope the hotfixes carry some changes to ele shamans as well.
    i was thinking the same thing, as someone who plays exclusively melee, hunter seems to be the only way we can compete at higher mmrs so i dreading the idea of harry potter cleaves on 90% of the ladder

Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    this is derailing the thread.. if you have a topic concerning Ret Paladins.. please find.make a new thread...
    It still has to do with Hunters. This is the problem with some of you people. You look at the class alone. As if PvP was all about duels. That's not the case. Synergy is a very big part of PvP and can make some comps very OP.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    rogues too i hope..
    Rogues are bad right now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hunters keep casters in check though. I wish they nerfed BM, Frost Mages and toned down UH, Feral pressure then it would frankly be balanced as far as dps goes.
    You understand that damage is the only thing UH has while Feral has CC and mobility in addition to their damage right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    It still has to do with Hunters. This is the problem with some of you people. You look at the class alone. As if PvP was all about duels. That's not the case. Synergy is a very big part of PvP and can make some comps very OP.
    Plenty of hunter movies on youtube doing 1v2 arenas. So if isn't about duels, isn't about 2v2 and only about 3v3, we should totally be content with being faceraped by any hunter with some manner of clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Remove the damn readiness CD, and balance hunters around that.
    I don't know why they haven't done this yet tbh...

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Plenty of hunter movies on youtube doing 1v2 arenas. So if isn't about duels, isn't about 2v2 and only about 3v3, we should totally be content with being faceraped by any hunter with some manner of clue.
    1v2 arena are usually played on 1400 MMR. I know Hunters are super OP but no class can solo 2 geared players with half a brain. Why do you think Ret/DK being the "X" in Priest/Hunter/X is very normal now? Becuase Trapping of a HoJ/Asphyx is really good. While I do agree that they have too much CC for one class, they still need synergy at higher ratings...

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nophixia View Post
    Talking about synergy haha.
    When I play my half geared hunter together with an Enh shammy we kill people in a global paired with a silence/scatter trap. If not killed in that global a hex on the healer will do the job.
    Yeah if Hunters where to be nerfed, I believe wizards would dominate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Taking offensive/CC abilities off readiness and nerfing blink strikes would be glorious.
    Then what would be the point of Readiness?

Readiness just needs to be tied to Marksman spec (with it's cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, for more synergy with Rapid Fire). That would fix PvE and PvP issues. It would boost Marksmanships's relative strength to the other specs in PvE. Currently Marksmanship is worse at everything (single-target, multi-target and AoE DPS) when compared to the other two specs.
    In PvP it would fix BM's 3 trinkets, it's CC and it's burst would be more counterable with defensive cooldowns (at the moment it's possible to use Readiness and just do it all over again). It would also fix the "Hunter's zoo killed me while he used Deterrence twice in a row". I doubt the latter is as much an issue now as it was when MoP launched. I just think it's odd that they didn't foresee how Stampede + Rapid Fire (with 2-piece PvP bonus) + Bestial Wrath + Lynx Rush + Rabid (AP version) would be as horribly OP as it was.

Also some kind of mini-cooldown should be added to the Blink Strike teleport ability. Kiting a BM pet should be possible outside Bestial Wrath, especially because Blink Strikes is the only useable talent in PvP. The talent is fine DPS-wise, personally I just wish the other's were more exciting and more powerful.

Almost guaranteed that you don't even play a hunter, and if you did, you most likely didn't even get to see the cons of that. That change was more of a quality of life buff more than anything, particularly for PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2833?page=2#38

It's not any of these, however the changes Holinka mentioned for Hunters coming with the restart on Wednesday are relating to Stampede and Blink Strikes.

The changes we have coming for Blink Strikes are intended to assist with the regular complaint we hear about peeling Hunter pets. The change will mean that Hunter pets will only be able to Blink Strike once every 20 seconds and there will be a 10 yard minimum range to avoid the pet using it off cooldown when it's already close to the target. We hope that this will help with Hunter pets utilizing large amounts of glue to stick to their targets.

Our plans for Stampede are actually quite simple to explain; we are removing the ability for the pets summoned through Stampede to use any abilities. The end result of this change should be that the pets a Hunter summons from Stampede will only be able to auto-attack. As you are all aware, these changes will result in a quite the reduction of net damage for Hunters, because of this we have also done a minor 15% buff buff to the damage of Arcane Shot.

Not only are there these changes, but there is still more to come in patch 5.4. We cannot go into details on these for the moment, but keep an eye out for them on the blog

rape being shifted from pet to the hunter 15% more damage from arcane shot
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post

It's not any of these, however the changes Holinka mentioned for Hunters coming with the restart on Wednesday are relating to Stampede and Blink Strikes.

The changes we have coming for Blink Strikes are intended to assist with the regular complaint we hear about peeling Hunter pets. The change will mean that Hunter pets will only be able to Blink Strike once every 20 seconds and there will be a 10 yard minimum range to avoid the pet using it off cooldown when it's already close to the target. We hope that this will help with Hunter pets utilizing large amounts of glue to stick to their targets.

Our plans for Stampede are actually quite simple to explain; we are removing the ability for the pets summoned through Stampede to use any abilities. The end result of this change should be that the pets a Hunter summons from Stampede will only be able to auto-attack. As you are all aware, these changes will result in a quite the reduction of net damage for Hunters, because of this we have also done a minor 15% buff buff to the damage of Arcane Shot.

Not only are there these changes, but there is still more to come in patch 5.4. We cannot go into details on these for the moment, but keep an eye out for them on the blog

..... #($#)%%(#

this hurts every BM hunter under what.. like 1500 then.. super awesome - great nerf bliz.

i love that they think stampede is why 90% of the bracket is BM hunters. nerfing the 5min CD and buffing instant arc shot will fix everything, hur.

inc idiots claiming hunters are taking a meaningful hit.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-06-10 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post

I'm confused. Considering the ridiculous amount of CC's and defensive capabilities, wouldn't it be better to have nerfed those than having to nerf (Stampede and Blink Strike) and 15% to arcane shot?