Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys. have a question here.

talking about single target fights and the ability "Dragon roar".
    just wanna know how is the best way to use it during execute time - i am wondering whether i should be using the ability during trinket procs or still using execute (coz execute also benefit alot from trinket procs ) or any other moment (ofc not on CS) ?
    also as a TG. should i wait for trinket proc in order to use it on above 20% ? or to use it right away ? (ofc not on CS)

thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    Hey guys. have a question here.

talking about single target fights and the ability "Dragon roar".
    just wanna know how is the best way to use it during execute time - i am wondering whether i should be using the ability during trinket procs or still using execute (coz execute also benefit alot from trinket procs ) or any other moment (ofc not on CS) ?
    also as a TG. should i wait for trinket proc in order to use it on above 20% ? or to use it right away ? (ofc not on CS)

thx in advance.
    Follows the same rules as we talked about for using CS. You can delay slightly for trinket procs but shouldn't delay much more than a few seconds. DR makes no difference between Execute time or not, don't use during CS; I like to use it right after CS ends, using during trinkets/pot assuming it won't cause you to significantly delay (usually ~10 seconds, if you think its going to be your last DR, ie: fight ends within 40 seconds, feel free to delay as long as you need for procs, etc).

Edit: Also feel free to delay it a GCD if you are rage capping for some reason, but that should be very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Follows the same rules as we talked about for using CS. You can delay slightly for trinket procs but shouldn't delay much more than a few seconds. DR makes no difference between Execute time or not, don't use during CS; I like to use it right after CS ends, using during trinkets/pot assuming it won't cause you to significantly delay (usually ~10 seconds, if you think its going to be your last DR, ie: fight ends within 40 seconds, feel free to delay as long as you need for procs, etc).

Edit: Also feel free to delay it a GCD if you are rage capping for some reason, but that should be very rare.
    hey. ty for the anwser.
    one thing. is Execute > DR during execute phase ( with trinket procs) ? , again talking outside CS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    hey. ty for the anwser.
    one thing. is Execute > DR during execute phase ( with trinket procs) ? , again talking outside CS
    both gain the same % benefit from trinket procs, use DR over execute unless your rage capping. (outside of cs)

I've read over the guide which has helped ALOT because im used to spamming on my hunter, My question would be where to place bladestorm in my opener if at all. I know on fights like Garrosh i'd wait for Adds. Fairly Obvious but on other fights where it might not be as obvious at least to me. So yea is Bladestorm something i'd sit on til 2+ targets or Would i use it right after my First CS cycle.
    Last edited by aHeeRo; 2014-02-16 at 08:03 PM.

So For Example Galakras Should i just ignore it once he comes down and it becomes single target?

There is a really nice thread going atm addressing how to use Bladestorm to its full potential. It's a good read!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    So For Example Galakras Should i just ignore it once he comes down and it becomes single target?
    No, what I mean was: you should delay using it on one target if you will soon have the opportunity to use it on more than one target.

If you are not going to have adds; like on last phase of Galakras, it is still a single target dps increase to use it outside of CS. The thread Sarri linked has some interesting math on canceling it early; but even disregarding that information, using Bladestorm while CS is on CD is a single target dps increase over using your normal (non CS) rotation. The only time that isn't true is something like Thok where even outside of CS you have enough rage to spam WS and HS each GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    No, what I mean was: you should delay using it on one target if you will soon have the opportunity to use it on more than one target.

If you are not going to have adds; like on last phase of Galakras, it is still a single target dps increase to use it outside of CS. The thread Sarri linked has some interesting math on canceling it early; but even disregarding that information, using Bladestorm while CS is on CD is a single target dps increase over using your normal (non CS) rotation. The only time that isn't true is something like Thok where even outside of CS you have enough rage to spam WS and HS each GCD.
    Alright Thank you for all the Help. I will bookmark that thread so i can continue reading as it updates. Going to sit and read now. Again Thanks for the Help

Awesome guide and very informative!

Great Guide, love the visuals, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    5.4 Fury PVE Warrior Guide
    Requiel, Help please =)
    Hello! I watched your videos and I very much liked your assembly of addons, impressive! If not a zatrudnik, you couldn't tell you where it is possible to download it or at least the names addons. I will be very grateful! I don't know English, I from Russia if a poor translation I ask applications, am all promt.ru =)
    Thanks in advance!

Great guide. I'm still learning my endgame Warrior and this is definitely helpful. Going to revise a few things for sure!

Requiel, I can't answer in personal messages therefore I will write here.
    Thank you very much!
    I went to deal with addons!

Just have a simple question this time. I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth going 8.5%/7.5% expertise for OH Stormbolt to never miss and, if it is, what the optimal path to getting there would be. Here's my armory. I also have another Heroic Nazgrim mace that I could swap for my OH Heroic Sha sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Just have a simple question this time. I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth going 8.5%/7.5% expertise for OH Stormbolt to never miss and, if it is, what the optimal path to getting there would be. Here's my armory. I also have another Heroic Nazgrim mace that I could swap for my OH Heroic Sha sword.
    None of your other gear has expertise on it so I would just use the 2 Gar'toks and that will bring you up to 7.5%+ exp with mace racial. You can change your exp/crit gems to str/crit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    None of your other gear has expertise on it so I would just use the 2 Gar'toks and that will bring you up to 7.5%+ exp with mace racial. You can change your exp/crit gems to str/crit as well.
    1. Run Simcraft, get statweights
    2. Put statweights into AskMrRobot (use normalized numbers, AMR likes them better, as they are smaller)
    3. Optimize
    4. Export to Simcraft via AMR's utility (right hand side)
    5. Re Run simcraft - to make it faster, do not analyze stat weights, we are only worried about DPS.
    6. Change gear on AMR - optimize - and re-export to Simcraft

Repeat step 6 with each gear combination until you come up with the best result.

Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't that hard, remember, for the later steps, make sure you run Simcraft without analyzing stat weights, you are only worried about getting the DPS numbers. This will make the whole process take 15 minutes instead of an hour.

I am not an Orc, so I haven't tried it recently, but as I recall it is always better to go 7.5% / 6.5%.

Refer to this thread for simcraft help, with pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH expertise is generally about as valuable as overcap hit. This, obviously, only applies to races with weapons mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Storm bolt cannot be dodged, blocked or parried. It can only miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    You can change your exp/crit gems to str/crit as well.
    For TG this is poor advice. (almost) Never gem str/crit, only exp/crit, crit, crit/hit.

There is only one feasible scenario where str/crit would be used, and I'm not even sure if there is an item in the game that has this combination of gems:
    3 sockets
    1 red, 2 yellow

80str/160 crit + 640 crit + 180 str = 240 + 800 crit = 240 + (800 * 1.5) = 1440 SEP

960 crit * 1.5 = 1440 SEP

Even in this hypothetical best case scenario, gemming str/crit merely breaks even with ignoring socket bonuses.

When gemming exp/crit or crit/hit, look at it as actually gemming mastery/crit and mastery/hit. If you add 160 expertise to your gear via gems, 160 expertise is reforged off into mastery in a bunch of other places, at least until you can no longer reforge expertise off.

160 mastery/160 crit + 640 crit + 180 str = 180 + (1.1 * 160) + (800 * 1.5) = 180 + 176 + 1200 = 1556 SEP
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-03-17 at 12:14 AM.